General How's your batterylife experience with S22 Ultra coming straight from S21 Ultra?

Do participate in the poll as well.👍

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

wolfaas12345

Jun 1, 2014
Newcastle
With a first gen Sammy - Amd collab, it was very much expected. I would have been shocked if it performed really well with their first try.
Well why defok are we the beta testers for samsung MAKE A CPU THAT WORKS TEST IT MAKE SURE ITS SMOOTH ETC AND THEN RELEASE IT WHY DO COMPANIES DO THIS i understand when its new form factor but this is just stupid

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
Well why defok are we the beta testers for samsung MAKE A CPU THAT WORKS TEST IT MAKE SURE ITS SMOOTH ETC AND THEN RELEASE IT WHY DO COMPANIES DO THIS i understand when its new form factor but this is just stupid
Most consumers are not tech savvy + people fall for the makers' ads and marketing.

All I can say is after release wait for several weeks if not months, wait for reviews that come late (not to instantly fall for those reviews that get bombarded once embargo lifted) and then a make a buying decision. Atleast this should be considered in regions where these phones can't be returned for a refund.

Reactions: blackhawk and linom

wolfaas12345

Jun 1, 2014
Newcastle
Most consumers are not tech savvy + people fall for the makers' ads and marketing.

All I can say is after release wait for several weeks if not months, wait for reviews that come late (not to instantly fall for those reviews that get bombarded once embargo lifted) and then a make a buying decision. Atleast this should be considered in regions where these phones can't be returned for a refund.
I mean i saw reviews and i was like surely it cant be that bad
OH BOY HOW BAD IT WAS
so i yeeted the phone back at samsung for a refund

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Indeed. These corporations count on you being gullible and misinformed. They deliberately disseminate disinformation, many times by proxy ie compensated reviewers. All those glowing bs reviews on just the Fold series alone, then the truth comes out, too little, too late. Wait at least a few months... and look at what individual users are experiencing!

I don't think it's any exaggeration when I say Samsung has been screwing up bad since the N10+ on their flagships. Samsung has excuses for everything but that's bs too. I just got lucky when I bought the newly released N10+, the N9 is noticeably slower, the N20U has glaring form factor and SOT issues. The flagships that followed the N20U are pale ghosts of what could have been. Expensive as hell and not near as well balanced as the N10+. Doesn't look like Samsung will get their feet back on the ground anytime soon.
Samsung's flagship evolution for the last 3 years; the beast>the lefty hump back>the Note with no name>the evil left hand universe thermal Monster.

Reactions: Virgo_Guy

jericho246

Sold the S21U and received my S22U a couple days ago. So far the battery life is similar, but the phone gets significantly warmer than the S21U which annoys me. The weather has been hellish though, so I guess it's normal that the phone gets warm so quick.

forgot to mention, I have the Exynos variant.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Sold the S21U and received my S22U a couple days ago. So far the battery life is similar, but the phone gets significantly warmer than the S21U which annoys me. The weather has been hellish though, so I guess it's normal that the phone gets warm so quick.

forgot to mention, I have the Exynos variant.
Once you start going over 500mAh average and approaching 1Ah your temperature goes through the roof on a hot day, fast. The risk of a thermal runaway is real.
350mAh* is generally sustainable** in 98F ambient.
500mAh should have breaks every 20-30 minutes and so on. If the ambient temperature isn't too high a break from streaming a vid might be using the browser for 20 minutes if the current drain is low enough.
On the N10+ operating temperature is normally 4.5-5F above ambient for the battery. Streaming bumps it up at least 2°. Heat output is nearly directly proportional to current consumption.

For fast charging above 90F ambient you will need cooling. Fast charging will disengage around 102F battery temperature. Charging in direct sunlight can TKO the device, don't.

*average

**what the device will tolerate. A battery temperature of 102-103F isn't ideal but doable.
At 105F it's best to turn off the screen to cool.
At 107F battery temperature you're nearing auto thermal shutdown temperature, turn off, power off if necessary. Avoid auto thermal shutdowns as much as possible... they generally work most times🤣
Best to avoid above an 85% charge especially if you know it will be running hot to help preserve battery longevity and save charging time.

Last edited:
Reactions: jericho246

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my experience, bad. In reviews, they claim that there is a 5-10% reduction, but in my opinion, it is at least 20% worse
    I use Onedrive cloud storage and it has almost zero impact on my S22u battery life. My S22u is an absolute beast getting over 10hrs SOT and lightning fast. At home, I can xfer gigabytes of data in minutes on my network that is 500up/500down. I'm connected to my home wifi6 network wirh my S22u at anywhere from 1.2-2.4gbps depending on how close I'm to my router. Off my home network I get excellent mobile data transfer rates thanks to 5G (which does not cause a big hit on my battery life with T-Mobile in the DFW area). I have almost 500gig on Onedrive.

I've had many of the old Notes with an SD card slot which I kept my life saved on. No more as with todays cloud storage solutions, my exposure is much less and my life is much easier. Embracing the new cloud technologies, wifi6 and 5G has been a much better path for me. Hence, I can certainly understand why Samsung did away with the the SD card slot.
    Yeah cloud storage is certainly working well for the Samsung hackers🤣
    Nearly 5hrs sot, charging to 85% dropping to only 40% on WiFi with all services on, 1080p at 120hz... exynos
    23.3%+27.2%=50.5%

That means over 50% of people who responded to this poll is getting better or the same battery life as the S21 Ultra.
    6 hours SOT over WiFi and 4.5 hours of SOT over mobile data in a total runtime of about 20 & 16 hours respectively has become the new norm in my S22U. This is not just much worse than S21U, but also poorer than several previous Samsung flagships.

I can make it last way longer with workarounds, but with similar usage pattern & settings it's been a bad show from S22U from the get go in my experience.