[HOWTO]: Change Multi CSC variant / product code (> 9/2010 releases)

Search This thread

Richthofen

Jul 13, 2010
In the land of the blind
When using Multi CSCs the variant / product code will be set to a default value, which usually is "KOR" (Test).

Even when using the correct CSC the phone will not use correct settings (e.g APN) for your region until you set the correct variant / product code manually from Preconfiguration menu.

Previously Samsung used code *#272*HHMM# (HH being hour and MM minute, = current time) to access the Preconfiguration menu.

The access code was then changed and all firmwares dated to september (or newer) were using it. Since the new access code was unknown, the only way to chance the variant / product code was launching the Preconfiguration manually via ADB.

I finally found some time to take a look at it and now I managed to find the new access code:

You need to have your IMEI code in hand, so either take the sales package or type *#06# to the dialer (to check the IMEI, write it down).

Then type *#272*???????????????# to the dialer.

??????????????? is your IMEI code, it is always 15 digits long.

Select the desired variant / product code from the list and press install.

After the reboot you are all set.

THIS IS NOT REQUIRED WHEN USING A SINGLE CSC (I.E SINGLE VARIANT, E.G XEE).

Airwave

Dec 10, 2007
That's very interesting!

I just flashed to the JPM Froyo and lost all my operator parameters...

Is there a way to see what's my current CSC version and is there a risk to reflash ONLY the CSC part with a CSC_I9000OXXJM1? Will it break everything?

gleff1

Dec 7, 2009
Just a quick question.. when I try and do this, I only get a list of about 5 choices.. none of which are my CSC here in Australia. Is there an easy way to add a product code to the list? eg. is it just a matter of adding a code to an XML file or something?

BTW.. I'm running JPM

miro666

Jul 1, 2007
Osijek
Just a quick question.. when I try and do this, I only get a list of about 5 choices.. none of which are my CSC here in Australia. Is there an easy way to add a product code to the list? eg. is it just a matter of adding a code to an XML file or something?

BTW.. I'm running JPM

You probabily have not right CSC, search some other Multi CSC file which have Australins network operators APNs

Regards

BlindK2

Nov 23, 2010
Originally Posted by gleff1

BTW.. I'm running JPM

- I face similar issue, GT-I9000

- Old firmware: DXJG4; P.Code:HKA XME; Rooted; LagFixed; Quadrant:2100

- Bricked. I managed to get download mode, flash JM9 with Odin, reboot, factory reset. :p

- The phone seems to be working fine cept at recovery mode it said multicsc can not acces to /system/csc/xme/system" and after a couple of reboots, it says "multicsc can not acces to /system/csc/ /system

- Open dialer and typed: *2767*4387264636# and found PCode:GT-I9000HKAXME; Checked firmware:XWJM9; cannot root; No LagFix; Quadrant:814

- I used CSC_I9000OLBJG4 - Asian Multi-CSC (Unbranded, PCODE(s) CCM, DGI, GLB, MIS, MM1, SIN, SMA, STH, THL, UMB, XEV, XME, XSE, XSO, XSP, XTC, XTE, XXV)

- When I ran *#272*???????????????# the variant / product code (XME) was not on the list to choose from. In fact, only CCM, DGI, GLB, MIS, MM1, SIN, SMA, STH was available. It was like the bottom part of the list went missing. (I scrolled, it's NOT there). Cannot type in screen on top either.

- Also been looking to install XME.zip (found this somewhere in xda) with adb. (actually I really don't know what I'm doing on adb. Noob)

- Cannot root. Reflashed 3 times, all succesfull but nothing happens when update.zip at recovery screen.

So,

1. How to install XME? Do I really need to? (I havn't found any problems except unable to root. Phone, SMS, MMS, GPS, Market, WiFi - ALL good)
2. I cannot root because of CSC issue?

I need to root and lagfix. Any ideas?