[HOWTO] Configure Dolby Atmos Equalizer Presets

Search This thread

androcheck

Dec 7, 2009
john.zweng.at
Hi! :)

The LePro3 (at least the LeX720 model) comes with Dolby Atmos (don't ask me what this does in detail, I am no audio expert). In the system settings under "Sounds & vibration" almost at the bottom of the list, you will find the entry "Dolby Atmos" where you can enable or disable this feature, as well as choose from 4 different equalizer presets ("Movie", "Music", "Game", "Voice").

When examining the contents of the system I noticed that there is also a GUI App for Dolby installed (package "com.dolby.daxappUI" in path "/system/vendor/app/Ds2UI/Ds2UI.apk"), but until now I didn't see any app launcher or shortcut to open the Dolby setting app. But fortunately it's easy to create your own shortcut for it. using the Dolby settings UI it's possible to change the equalizer settings of the 4 presets.

HOWTO:
(see also the attached screenshots)

• Install AnyCut from Play Store (you can remove it again after you have created the shortcut)
  • Start AnyCut and tap "New shortcut"
  • Choose "Activity"
  • Scroll down the list and find the entry "Dolby"
  • Choose a custom name for the shortcut or leave the default "Dolby"
  • Now you should have a "Dolby" icon on your home screen
  • Open "Dolby"
  • Doube tap on one of the equalizer presets
  • Change what you want :)

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 8,036
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 7,591
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 6,437
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 5,852
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 5,772
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 5,711
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 5,691
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 5,732
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 6,949
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 7,095
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 7,692
Oct 31, 2016

The LePro3 (at least the LeX720 model) comes with Dolby Atmos (don't ask me what this does in detail, I am no audio expert). In the system settings under "Sounds & vibration" almost at the bottom of the list, you will find the entry "Dolby Atmos" where you can enable or disable this feature, as well as choose from 4 different equalizer presets ("Movie", "Music", "Game", "Voice").

When examining the contents of the system I noticed that there is also a GUI App for Dolby installed (package "com.dolby.daxappUI" in path "/system/vendor/app/Ds2UI/Ds2UI.apk"), but until now I didn't see any app launcher or shortcut to open the Dolby setting app. But fortunately it's easy to create your own shortcut for it. using the Dolby settings UI it's possible to change the equalizer settings of the 4 presets.

HOWTO:

• Install AnyCut from Play Store (you can remove it again after you have created the shortcut)
  • Choose "Activity"
  • Open "Dolby"

I've done this and got the Dolby Atmos icon. One odd thing though when I go into the different presets and 2 Customs Settings - I try dragging up the EQ faders and they bounce back down - they don't stay fixed which is odd.

glitterninja

Mar 16, 2017
Sorry to bump an older thread, but I wanted to mention what lovesounds1607 says -- the changes don't stay when I try to adjust the equalizer. However, I think the issue is that what visually LOOKS like the middle setting on the equalizer is actually the highest the setting can go, which is why the indicator bounces/slides back down.

This was a good workaround for a Dolby Atmos icon on my desktop. However, I did also want to note that when I went out to the Dolby Atmos app through the Spotify app's equalizer option (library -> settings -> equalizer) I had more options to choose from than if I just went out from my phone's home page.

gamal Ramadan

Jan 5, 2018
Try it this Nokia 6 not supported.im very sad Dolby Atmos in Nokia 6 very bad only to option music mode or theater mode sound is very low in my jbl earphone 😦

kukuteku

Aug 21, 2013
Thank you, this its a pretty good trick!. Dolby its great but do not work with AIMP player. Work fine with Stock music player and Power Audio Pro, but I like AIMP and Dolby do not work, any solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HOWTO:

• Choose "Activity"
    • Open "Dolby"
    Love Dolby Atmos, iv used it on my Nexus 6P, best dynamic EQ available

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!