[HOWTO] Disable all Xposed Modules via recovery

Search This thread

Han-Droid

Jun 23, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Redmi 9A
Does anyone know how to disable/ uninstall a specific xposed module via recovery?

having troubles right now..... but it seems that

enabled_modules.xml

is promising! set value from 1 to 0 to disable module.

I used TWRP and had access to my phone with Total Commander (plugin ADB), then downloaded the .xml changed value from 1 to 0 and put it back to phone.

Check error.log in de.robv.android.xposed.installer! this might help you identifying the module that is causing trouble.

observingman

Mar 24, 2013
Different folder with edXposed

Hello,

In my case (LineageOS with Android Pie, edXposed) the modules.list was not there, so I used another approach:

With Magisk recovery module for twrp installed (thanks god) https://www.the***********.com/uninstall-magisk-modules-in-twrp-recovery-guide/

I disabled the xposed module, then rebooted the phone. Once inside, from Total commander I'd made a search for 'modules.list', then I found it in another folder (/sbin/.magisk/mirror/data/user_de/0/org.meowcat.edxposed.manager/conf/modules.list). I'd edited it to remove the crashing module that caused the bootloop, and rebooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good to know for when I ever get in a bootloop, only problem is there's no conf folder to be found lol..
    I do have a shared_prefs folder with some files in it though.. So should I delete one of these files when I ever get in a bootloop?

Enabled_modules.xml

Btw. it's much easier to press 5x hardware key during boot than manipulating files via recovery.
    H
    HKZync
    If you enable or update an Xposed module and get stuck in a boot-loop, your options are limited. You basically just have access to recovery. I got stuck in this situation and had trouble finding out how to disable Xposed via recovery.

To disable Xposed completely from recovery,
    • Boot into custom recovery
    • Go to File Manager (usually under Advanced)
    • Navigate to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list
    • Delete modules.list
    • Reboot System

The deleted file simply controls which Xposed modules are loaded on startup. Deleting the file disables all Xposed modules.

After you reboot, all of your Xposed tweaks will be disabled. To re-enable Xposed modules, simply start up the Xposed Installer app. Then go to modules and make any change. This will re-create the modules.list file that you deleted in recovery.

There might be quite a lot of people who already know but this is for the benefit of those who don't know and end up wiping data and flashing everything from scratch.
    Good to know for when I ever get in a bootloop, only problem is there's no conf folder to be found lol..
    I do have a shared_prefs folder with some files in it though.. So should I delete one of these files when I ever get in a bootloop?