[HOWTO] Fix Android Market Unsuccessful Download Problem

sliv

Apr 18, 2009
Male'
hi guys.im new to android and im having some strange probs regarding the market.when i connect on wifi from work im able to browse the market but i when i try to download i get a notification saying download unsuccessful.
this is seen for like a second and when i check the download tab in the market i see downloading but it doesnt download.the same app gets downloaded when i try 3G or Edge.and also im able to download using other wifi networks.

is this a problem with the wifi network?i can browse fine and watch vids fine and i was able to download some apps the first time i connected.

TAelyn

Sep 5, 2008
Timisoara
Hello all,

It's my third week of owning a Galaxy S and I have noticed this: with no exception, the market becomes unusable on Friday night and becomes usable again on Monday morning ( and it makes 3 times alteady ).

Has anyone of you experienced something similar?

T.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Fatherboard

Nov 9, 2009
The problem is not with your phones. There were several rumors which claimed that Google are preparing their servers to support gingerbread and/or adding support for paypal, and this might take a week or two...

Hang on.

powerviga

Jan 20, 2011
Hi guys, I found out my solution for the market download problems

Had the market download problem accidentally after once rooting my i9k. Tried many ways, clear market and gtalk cache, wipe cache, factory reset, log out google, change password, change account, change sim, root after root, reboot after reboot still no working. Every time I downloaded or upgrade something, there was a download icon shown on notification shortly and disappeared. The download never finished! Reckon some of you encounter this as well.

But last night, I suddenly realised that there may be problems with my cache.rfs as I could not lagfix it to ext4 or any other form. I started to think cache.rfs is broken. So I searched on the Internet and found out a kernel (k12K) only have cache.rfs, instead of zImage. My market has survived right after installation and reboot! Brilliant! Then I install newer version of kernal with zImage and still working. The kernel name is update_SpeedMod_K12k_500Hz.tar. If you have same condition and problem with market, try it! I am not exactly remember where I downloaded this kernel from, and cannot post link cos this is my first post. But hopefully you can find it somewhere.

Good luck to your market!

My device: Samsung i9000
Android:2.2.1
ROM:I9000XXJPY
Kernel:2.6.32.9 [email protected]

fenerbuuh

Jul 22, 2010
hi guys, i found out my solution for the market download problems

had the market download problem accidentally after once rooting my i9k. Tried many ways, clear market and gtalk cache, wipe cache, factory reset, log out google, change password, change account, change sim, root after root, reboot after reboot still no working. Every time i downloaded or upgrade something, there was a download icon shown on notification shortly and disappeared. The download never finished! Reckon some of you encounter this as well.

But last night, i suddenly realised that there may be problems with my cache.rfs as i could not lagfix it to ext4 or any other form. I started to think cache.rfs is broken. So i searched on the internet and found out a kernel (k12k) only have cache.rfs, instead of zimage. My market has survived right after installation and reboot! Brilliant! Then i install newer version of kernal with zimage and still working. The kernel name is update_speedmod_k12k_500hz.tar. If you have same condition and problem with market, try it! I am not exactly remember where i downloaded this kernel from, and cannot post link cos this is my first post. But hopefully you can find it somewhere.

android:2.2.1
rom:i9000xxjpy
kernel:2.6.32.9 [email protected]

update : Working !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

nicgom

Dec 7, 2010
thanks

Hi, this is my first post, and is to thank powerviga, i had exactly the same problem with my sgs, tried every posible way to solve it, and none but his worked, checked the imei nr, cleaned cache of all gmail apps, wiped cache from recovery mode, nothing helped, flashed the kernel he suggested and as if by magic the market works again, the new kernel some how distroyed my fresh installed darkis rom 9.3, but it was no big harm, flashed it again, reinstalled all my apps with titanium and now im happy with my sgs flying.

for me the problem begun when i traveled for christmas back home, i live in Germany, and went to visit my parents in Nicaragua, while there i decided to use my sgs with a local simcard (funny, the company there, is the spanish Telefonica, which is also my company here -germany´s o2), so i bought a new simcard, and put it in my cellphone, when i rebooted, i took really long to start working and from that moment i couldn´t use the market and some of the installed apps, like engadget for example, i got new apks from the internet reinstalled some of the apps and most of them worked again, but still it was a pain in the ass.

Thankyou very much

great post, thankyou very much.

Hi guys, I found out my solution for the market download problems

Had the market download problem accidentally after once rooting my i9k. Tried many ways, clear market and gtalk cache, wipe cache, factory reset, log out google, change password, change account, change sim, root after root, reboot after reboot still no working. Every time I downloaded or upgrade something, there was a download icon shown on notification shortly and disappeared. The download never finished! Reckon some of you encounter this as well.

But last night, I suddenly realised that there may be problems with my cache.rfs as I could not lagfix it to ext4 or any other form. I started to think cache.rfs is broken. So I searched on the Internet and found out a kernel (k12K) only have cache.rfs, instead of zImage. My market has survived right after installation and reboot! Brilliant! Then I install newer version of kernal with zImage and still working. The kernel name is update_SpeedMod_K12k_500Hz.tar. If you have same condition and problem with market, try it! I am not exactly remember where I downloaded this kernel from, and cannot post link cos this is my first post. But hopefully you can find it somewhere.

Android:2.2.1
ROM:I9000XXJPY
Kernel:2.6.32.9 [email protected]

tortionist

Dec 8, 2010
Northern Utah
must be nice to get it working. I flashed cm7 on my Defy and I can't download anything. It acts like it's going to start the download, then it says download unsuccessful and completely stops. I've tried most of these methods, but none seem to work. I've tried reflashing, stopping and starting Gtalk, a different gmail account, different versions of Android market, clearing data on market downloader and market itself, etc. I am at a complete loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

guzmand2

Aug 3, 2010
edit:
OKAY SO I GOT THE MARKET ISSUE TO WORK,.... AND THIS IS WHAT I DID!! I WENT AHEAD AND IN THE APP MANAGER... EVERY APP THAT WAS RELATED TO GOOGLE OR ANDROID AND EVERY APP THAT HAD DOWNLOAD OR UPDATE IN IT I WENT AHEAD AND CLEARED THE DATA.. THEN REMOVED BATTERY AND RESTARTED!! NOW I CAN DOWNLOAD AGAIN!!! yes!!!!!!

I am having the same issue when I installed and updated to Darkslide X... not sure what is going on.. I have been like this for 2 days now... and i am freaking out!! this phone is almost useless with out apps... what kidn of phone do you have?

must be nice to get it working. I flashed cm7 on my Defy and I can't download anything. It acts like it's going to start the download, then it says download unsuccessful and completely stops. I've tried most of these methods, but none seem to work. I've tried reflashing, stopping and starting Gtalk, a different gmail account, different versions of Android market, clearing data on market downloader and market itself, etc. I am at a complete loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

tortionist

Dec 8, 2010
Northern Utah
Download paused

I have a Motorola Defy. I was getting the download unsuccessful meesage. now I get "starting download", then "download paused", then it goes back to my downloads, of which I can't download any of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Vanirian

Oct 29, 2010
Perpignan
Worked for me...

Lil thing... I finally worked out.

This was a "broken link" between the phone stock browser and android market.

On the phone :

1. Open your stock browser > enter "checkout.google.com" hit enter
2. Log in
3. Now, go to the market (maybe the market force closes once)
4. Your up !

boing5

Nov 12, 2011
help!

Hello everybody. I bought a new tablet Prestigio Multipad. I think that there is Android 2.1 on him or maybe 1.6, I'm not sure. Anyway, I can't download ANYTHING from android market. Download just starts for few secs saying "Starting download" and after 3-5 seconds it says "Download was unsuccessful. Please try again." for anything I try to download.
I have tried signing into Google talk, I cleard cache and data, I did a factory reset, nothing helped.
But I remember that when I first turned it on some Firmware thing was updated. And I saw on the first page of this thread that some person also had the same problem after updating that Firmware thing and that person fixed it. However, I have no Android experience and I don't understand a single word he wrote. This is what he wrote:

yeah i tried that before and it didnt work... i just reflashed to F7 rom then at the option i chose clear partition cache and also clear all user data etc,

basically the phone booted as it came out of the box...
Market downloads work now...
Can somebody explain in Simple English what did he write (especially this "reflashed to F7 rom"). Thanks.....

netma

Oct 27, 2012
butuan
HELP! :(

I would like to ask, after rooting my phone and turn it on it keeps on saying galaxy S samsung i9000 and i cannot acces my phone anymore. HELP! :(((

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
I would like to ask, after rooting my phone and turn it on it keeps on saying galaxy S samsung i9000 and i cannot acces my phone anymore. HELP! :(((
Need to know what is your phone model and How did you root it? Check Here to chose your forum/Guide by Version of your phone or you will have more problems by using wrong solutions due to different versions of Galaxy S

you can get a rescue kit from My Android Collections and or a solution from My Android Solutions

But First powerdown, pull out Battery, SIM CARD, and EXT.SD card, press power button for a minute, than powerup without SIM and Ext.SD Card....

Tips before Flashing:-

Backup all your important files, contacts, SMS, game data, images etc to PC or
Ext SD card. or make Nanadroid Backup If you have CWM
Backup your EFS Folder to PC or Ext SD card
Enable USB Debugging on Phone. Touch menu>Settings>Applications>Development>
Charge your battery to more than 50% before you attempt any sort of flashing.
Disable Samsung KIES when using Odin. Kill Kies.exe, KiesTrayAgent.exe, &
KiesPDLR.exe using Task Manager on PC
Use only ROM and solution for your model and Wipe x3