[HOWTO] Flash a blank vbmeta

Search This thread

Awesomeslayerg

Jul 5, 2014
Los Angeles
Hey guys,

As some of you know samsung made had a bunch of different changes since the release of Android 10. It took me a week to figure it out but it was really simple. I had to do two things: Repatch the the magisk boot image with Preserve AVB 2.0/Dm-verity and file encryption or whatever unchecked and i had to manually edit out AVB from the fstab since samsung moved it to the vendor partition..

So first thing is first:
1. Follow my guide https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s6-lite/how-to/howto-unlock-root-galaxy-tab-s6-lite-t4132289
2. Use your favorite root explorer, (I use es file explorer), mount vendor then navigate to /vendor/etc
3. Open up the exynos9611.fstab. look for anything containing the word avb and remove that and save it.
4, Reboot completely.
5. Download the Vbmeta.tar i attached to this post then use Odin to flash it via AP and USERDATA,
6. Reboot into recovery and do a factory reset.
7. AFter the factory reset its going to reboot a few times. Let it do that
8. Reinstall magisk manager again and open it up and make sure magisk does it things and reboots.
9 Now we have to patch the samsung_vbmeta. Download the samsung_vbmeta , extract the vbmeta.img to your tablet to .sdcard/Download
10., Open up adb and make sure developer option is enabled with usb debugging on, then use do adb shell and then su
11. Put this code in:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/Download/vbmeta.img of=/dev/block/by-name/samsung_vbmeta
12. Hit enter then reboot. Now Both vbmeta and samsung_vbmeta should be unsigned and should be able to flash any usigned parittion!

Attachments

• vbmeta.tar
    2 KB · Views: 3,871
  • samsung_vbmeta.tar
    2 KB · Views: 2,268
Last edited:

aryanhington

Aug 21, 2020
Hey guys,

As some of you know samsung made had a bunch of different changes since the release of Android 10. It took me a week to figure it out but it was really simple. I had to do two things: Repatch the the magisk boot image with Preserve AVB 2.0/Dm-verity and file encryption or whatever unchecked and i had to manually edit out AVB from the fstab since samsung moved it to the vendor partition..

So first thing is first:
1. Follow my guide https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s6-lite/how-to/howto-unlock-root-galaxy-tab-s6-lite-t4132289
2. Use your favorite root explorer, (I use es file explorer), mount vendor then navigate to /vendor/etc
3. Open up the exynos9611.fstab. look for anything containing the word avb and remove that and save it.
4, Reboot completely.
5. Download the Vbmeta.tar i attached to this post then use Odin to flash it via AP and USERDATA,
8. Reinstall magisk manager again and open it up and make sure magisk does it things and reboots.
9 Now we have to patch the samsung_vbmeta. Download the samsung_vbmeta , extract the vbmeta.img to your tablet to .sdcard/Download
10., Open up adb and make sure developer option is enabled with usb debugging on, then use do adb shell and then su
11. Put this code in:
Code:
12. Hit enter then reboot. Now Both vbmeta and samsung_vbmeta should be unsigned and should be able to flash any usigned parittion!

how does your vbmeta differ to the vbmeta found on the stock rom?

Reactions: hacker812c

light_hyper

Sep 14, 2021
bro
Hey guys,

So first thing is first:
4, Reboot completely.
11. Put this code in:
Code:

Hey guys,

So first thing is first:
4, Reboot completely.
11. Put this code in:
Code:
can u help me disabling the vbmeta on samsung galaxy a20s .... its kicking me nutts

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

So first thing is first:
    4, Reboot completely.
    11. Put this code in:
    Code:
    Need to re upload the vbmeta but hopefully pushes forward with development.
    Hey guys,

So first thing is first:
    4, Reboot completely.
    11. Put this code in:
    Code:

how does your vbmeta differ to the vbmeta found on the stock rom?
    Is this only for exynos ?