[HOWTO] / [GUIDE] Galaxy Note 5 6.0.1 port for N910C

Search This thread

Mirsaneli

Dec 19, 2014
I would like to make a Note 5 port ROM for N910C Note 4 based on latest Note 5 6.0.1 firmware. The idea came because it seems there is no such port for our device (at least I wasn't able to find one) and most of the custom ROMs seem to be Note 7 ports with minor variations. After comparing the ports that are based on N7 firmware with the ones based on stock Note 4, I came to a conclusion that stock firmware is faster than N7 ports, but with less features. I think having a Note 5 port ROM would be nice. I have some experience in porting and compiling ROMs, but I have never ported ROMs that are based on different chipset. If someone here could point me to a guide on how to port Note 5 firmware to N910C, I would appreciate it.

bysalihidriscan

• Jul 30, 2016
    İstanbul
    I would like to make a Note 5 port ROM for N910C Note 4 based on latest Note 5 6.0.1 firmware. The idea came because it seems there is no such port for our device (at least I wasn't able to find one) and most of the custom ROMs seem to be Note 7 ports with minor variations. After comparing the ports that are based on N7 firmware with the ones based on stock Note 4, I came to a conclusion that stock firmware is faster than N7 ports, but with less features. I think having a Note 5 port ROM would be nice. I have some experience in porting and compiling ROMs, but I have never ported ROMs that are based on different chipset. If someone here could point me to a guide on how to port Note 5 firmware to N910C, I would appreciate it.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/how-to-port-samsung-rom-to-samsung-t3481114

Reactions: dao.pham

Omar-Elsayed

May 30, 2018

If you successfully complete this port will you release it to the public for us n910c users?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone