[HOWTO] / [GUIDE] Galaxy Note 5 6.0.1 port for N910C

Search This thread

Mirsaneli

Dec 19, 2014
I would like to make a Note 5 port ROM for N910C Note 4 based on latest Note 5 6.0.1 firmware. The idea came because it seems there is no such port for our device (at least I wasn't able to find one) and most of the custom ROMs seem to be Note 7 ports with minor variations. After comparing the ports that are based on N7 firmware with the ones based on stock Note 4, I came to a conclusion that stock firmware is faster than N7 ports, but with less features. I think having a Note 5 port ROM would be nice. I have some experience in porting and compiling ROMs, but I have never ported ROMs that are based on different chipset. If someone here could point me to a guide on how to port Note 5 firmware to N910C, I would appreciate it.

bysalihidriscan

• Jul 30, 2016
    İstanbul
    I would like to make a Note 5 port ROM for N910C Note 4 based on latest Note 5 6.0.1 firmware. The idea came because it seems there is no such port for our device (at least I wasn't able to find one) and most of the custom ROMs seem to be Note 7 ports with minor variations. After comparing the ports that are based on N7 firmware with the ones based on stock Note 4, I came to a conclusion that stock firmware is faster than N7 ports, but with less features. I think having a Note 5 port ROM would be nice. I have some experience in porting and compiling ROMs, but I have never ported ROMs that are based on different chipset. If someone here could point me to a guide on how to port Note 5 firmware to N910C, I would appreciate it.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/how-to-port-samsung-rom-to-samsung-t3481114

Reactions: dao.pham

Omar-Elsayed

May 30, 2018

If you successfully complete this port will you release it to the public for us n910c users?

Top Liked Posts