[HOWTO] How to remove annoying boot animation from Virgin Mobile HTC Wildfire S CDMA

Search This thread

cinderboot

Apr 22, 2012
Morgantown
It took me a while to find this, so I'm hoping this post will help others. I apologize if this solution is mentioned somewhere else.

On the stock OS, 2.3.4, the boot animation is located in /system/customize/resource/ and the file is Sprint_bootanimation.zip.

Likewise, the powerdown animation is Sprint_downanimation.zip.

The music files are VMU_Power_Up_48_24.mp3 and VMU_Power_Down_48_24.mp3.

The file that you must EDIT to change the boot animation is located in /system/customize/CID/ and it's called default.xml.

The code that specifies the boot animations is:

<BootConfiguration>
<BootAnimation animation="/system/customize/resource/Sprint_bootanimation.zip" audio="/system/customize/resource/VMU_Power_Up_48_24.mp3" audiostart="Sprint" />
</BootConfiguration>
<ShutdownConfiguration>
<ShutdownAnimation image_png="/system/customize/resource/Sprint_downanimation.zip" image="" fps="6" audio="/system/customize/resource/VMU_Power_Down_48_24.mp3" useAudio="1" />
</ShutdownConfiguration>

Just REMOVE or EDIT the filenames (i.e. animation="", audio="", image_png="").

I removed them and my phone booted 6 sec faster.

I also deleted the zip and mp3 files and gained ~ 1MB.

Reactions: savoiu and miso00

ChaoticDriver

Aug 29, 2010
I am guessing this would be very similar to wildfire s for uscc. with the exception of the file names being differant.

savoiu

Jun 8, 2012
Worked like a charm. I used ES File Explorer in "root" mode to edit the XML file and the annoying startup/shutdown sounds are gone!

Nick

Grorbabrag

Nov 1, 2010
Thank you, even though I don't own a Virgin Mobile phone I used it to remove the ridiculously long boot animation of my carrier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It took me a while to find this, so I'm hoping this post will help others. I apologize if this solution is mentioned somewhere else.

On the stock OS, 2.3.4, the boot animation is located in /system/customize/resource/ and the file is Sprint_bootanimation.zip.

Likewise, the powerdown animation is Sprint_downanimation.zip.

The music files are VMU_Power_Up_48_24.mp3 and VMU_Power_Down_48_24.mp3.

The file that you must EDIT to change the boot animation is located in /system/customize/CID/ and it's called default.xml.

The code that specifies the boot animations is:

<BootConfiguration>
    <BootAnimation animation="/system/customize/resource/Sprint_bootanimation.zip" audio="/system/customize/resource/VMU_Power_Up_48_24.mp3" audiostart="Sprint" />
    </BootConfiguration>
    <ShutdownConfiguration>
    <ShutdownAnimation image_png="/system/customize/resource/Sprint_downanimation.zip" image="" fps="6" audio="/system/customize/resource/VMU_Power_Down_48_24.mp3" useAudio="1" />
    </ShutdownConfiguration>

Just REMOVE or EDIT the filenames (i.e. animation="", audio="", image_png="").

I removed them and my phone booted 6 sec faster.

I also deleted the zip and mp3 files and gained ~ 1MB.