Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T

BASICS ON HOW TO PORT CM10.1 based roms to Samsung Infuse 4G!
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM ON YOUR PHONE!
THIS CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU DONT DO IT RIGHT. THIS CAN BOOTLOOP YOUR PHONE. SO BE PREPARED TO FIX BY GOING BACK TO STOCK. DONT RECOMEND NOOBIES TRYING NOT KNOWING HOW TO UNBRICK!

Hey guys this is some stuff i do for porting and you may find problems as you try feel free to ask, on here. If you are looking to port id recommend The Samsung captivate or Galaxy S I9000 But its up to you. Those too are a lot easier to port anyways. Porting a cm10.1 that is themed such as RemICS-JB and Avatar ROM and others! I use this method to port to the infuse there is many other ways, bottom of post one has some links! NOTE* some ports are easier than others! This can take from 30min to 1hr+.
POST #1 HOW TO PORT! (Last Updated 3/21/2013)

POST #2 EXTRAS! (Last Updated 3/18/2013)

POST #3 UPDATE YOUR ROM! & ADDING GAPPS OR TWEAKS! (Last Updated 3/6/2013)

POST #4 WASTEFUL STUFF! (Last Updated 3/6/2013)

PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

REQUIREMENTS:

YOU MUST:
  • Get permition from the dev on the base you are going to use (for example scott) for his cm10
  • Get permittion to port the rom from its own developer
  • Give the proper thanks to people on your OP of port.

STEPS OF PORTING:
1. Have the requirements installed

2. Make a folder on your desktop or where you want it with your port name on it

3. Download both your base rom and port rom to the folder you created

4. Unzlip both to separate folders (so you would have two folders)

5. Go to cm10.1 folder for infuse and go into settings then delete the following folders.(app, fonts, framework, media.)

6. Go to your roms folder and click system and copy and paste the folders u deleted from cm10.1. so copy (app, fonts, framework, media.) to cm10.1 in system folder

7. Go to your port folder then system/lib and copy all the files over but dont replace any files just tell it to add the missing files (DONT COPY OVER ANY FOLDERS)

8. After that go to your port folder system/lib and copy three folders to your cm10.1 system/lib (yes replace the 3 files) libandroid, libandroid_runtime, libandroid_servers.

9. Go to ur port and ur to system/etc/permissions and copy theand paste to ur cm10.1 folder (DONT OVER RIGHT ITS JUST ADDING ANY NEW FILES)

10. do the same as step 9 but to system/etc/init.d

11. [THIS STEP FIXES YOUR SEARCH HARD-KEY BUTTON] Go to cm10.1 system/usr/keylayout and open melfas_touchkey in notepad or notepad++ and change the following u can copy and paste. change "ASSIST" to "SEARCH" (this fixes ur search hard button) make sure to save any file u edit. (Note* SAVE AFTER DONE)
Click show to see example

ORIGINAL FROM CM10.1 Scott's
Code:
Original:
key 139   MENU              VIRTUAL
key 158   BACK              VIRTUAL
key 217   ASSIST         VIRTUAL
key 102   HOME         VIRTUAL

SHOULD LOOK LIKE:
Code:
key 217   SEARCH          VIRTUAL
key 102   HOME          VIRTUAL

12. Go back to your cm10.1 zip and open it in winrar or 7zip. extract app folder out. (system/app)

13. Copy Torch and InfuseSettings.apk over to the cm10.1 with your port on (system/app).

14. Open build.prop in your cm10.1 that u have been porting your rom on. (system folder) open build.prop in notepad++

15. Do a search for
Code:
ro.cm.version=
ro.modversion=
ro.build.display.id=
ro.build.date=

Take off the cm10.1 name and put your Rom name and version
For these lines add rom name and version for an example with my remics-jb new update:
Code:
ro.cm.version=RemICS-JB-4.2-v3.0
ro.modversion=RemICS-JB-4.2-v3.0
ro.build.display.id=RemICS-JB-4.2-v3.0
ro.build.date=Sat Mar  2 00:40:42 PST 2013

16. Search and delete this:
Code:
ro.goo.developerid=scotthartbti
ro.goo.rom=unofficialcm10
ro.goo.version=unofficialcm10.108019

17. Save build.prop, you are done for now!

18. Then go to cm10.1 folder where it says META-INF, system, bml_over_mtd, bml_over_mtd, etc... Select all and right click and zip them. (don't just zip the cm10.1 folder wont flash in recovery. it builds a folder in that folder like rom.name.here/rom.name.here/your rom files)

19. After that put the zip on your sdcard and flash away. (You may need to flash scotts gapps if not included)​

OTHERS TO LOOK AT:
NOTE* I wont be able to answer everything but i can help if i know. Other devs can help pitch in as well!

Last edited:

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
EXTRAS YOU CAN EDIT!!

WRITE WHAT YOU WANT DURING FLASH!
MUST HAVE Notepad++ (link here)

Go to your port folder>META-INF>com>google>android OPEN updater-script
1. After the 5th line press enter so 6th line is blank
Code:
Should look something like this:
line 1 assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "aries" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "aries" || 
line 2        getprop("ro.product.device") == "infuse4g" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "infuse4g" || 
line 3        getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I997" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I997" || 
line 4        getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I997R" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I997R");
line 5 show_progress(0.15, 5);
line 6 
line 7 package_extract_file("modem.bin", "/tmp/modem.bin");

In the blank line add
Code:
ui_print("                                      ");
this should be 51 characters wide
for an example my remics port
Code:
ui_print("+------------------------------------+");
ui_print("|       RemICS-JB 4.2.2 v3.1         |");
ui_print("+      Presented by RemICS-Team      +");
ui_print("|             Ported by:             |");
ui_print("+   Bradman117 & xxxSuperserieSxxx   +"); 

As long as you add ui_print(" "); you can put it any were on the updater.script.
ADD 1 OR 2 NEW FOLDERS TO INCLUDE IN FLASH!!
picture.php

This will allow you to make a data/app folder and/or sdcard folder
why add data/app? because you can put some apps in there instead of system/app to save system memory. NOT all system apps will work on data/app

Scotts latest cm ROM has changed, the folder is now data/data/app

PICTURE OF DATA/APP
picture.php

PICTURE OF SDCARD Folder
picture.php

1. Go to your port folder>META-INF>com>google>android OPEN updater-script

2. search for: mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system"); and add the following below it: mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2", "/data");
Example:
Code:
mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");
[B]mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2", "/data");[/B]
show_progress(0.700000, 30);
3. Search for package_extract_dir("system", "/system"); and add the following below it: package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
(If you want to add sdcard folder also include this after "("data", "/data");" package_extract_dir("sdcard", "/sdcard");

Example:
Code:
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
[B]package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
package_extract_dir("sdcard", "/sdcard");[/B]

And that's all i got for you now!:)

DOWNLOADS UNDER THIS IS FOR EXAMPLE TO SEE WHAT I HAVE! :)

Last edited:

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PORT!
This is how to update your rom when the base or the port is updated. A side of that you should add/change other stuff in your build if its needed to fix bugs.

HOW TO UPDATE BASE:
You basically start over from post one and include anything else extra you have added.
HOW TO UPDATE PORT:
This is how to update the port from original rom.
1. Must have requirements from POST #1

2. Download the Zip rom and move it into your folder

3. Extract the zip to its own folder

4. Copy the app folder on your original port rom to a new folder

5. Go to PORT folder for infuse and go into settings then delete the following folders.(app, fonts, framework, media.)

6. Go to the port update you downloaded and click system and copy and paste the folders u deleted from your rom. so copy (app, fonts, framework, media.) to ur rom in system folder

7. Now select all apps in the app folder you copied somewhere else and select all and copy and paste it to the new port app folder and DONT RE-WRITE, just add the missing files.

Go to the port update folder then system/lib and copy all the files over to your rom but dont replace any files just tell it to add the missing files (DONT COPY OVER ANY FOLDERS)

8. After that go to your port folder system/lib and copy three folders to your rom system/lib (yes replace the 3 files) libandroid,
libandroid_runtime, libandroid_servers.

9. Go to your port and go to system/etc/permissions and copy the and paste to your rom folder (DONT OVER RIGHT ITS JUST ADDING ANY NEW FILES)

11. Add anything else you added to your last update (app, fonts, framework, media.) Just like adding your personalized stuff. not update stuff​

HOW TO ADD TWEAKS/OTHER FILES TO YOUR PORT!
This i pretty simple but if your a newbie here is little something for you! :highfive:
Note* its easier if you are adding from flash zip.

This tutorial is an example with Google apps!

1. Extract the google zip to its own folder

2. Then you copy and paste the specific files/or folders to there right locations.

3. All the apps go in system/app and the libs go into the system/lib. Common sense :)

Depending on what you are adding varies on the editing.

Last edited:

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
WASTEFUL STUFF
I have not ported from captivate in a while but here is some common sense stuff to delete after porting from Galaxy S I9000. You do this before you release your ROM, just some un-needded stuff
I will keep updating this as i look for more!:):good:

Galaxy S I9000:
system/app - delete the following...
Nun At the moment

system/lib - delete the following...
  • libtvout.so
  • libtvout_jni.so
  • libtvoutfimc.so
  • libtvouthdmi.so
  • libtvoutservice.so
I'll look for more when i have a chance..​

Samsung Captivate:
system/app - delete the following...
Nun At the moment

system/lib - delete the following...

• lib_tvoutengine.so
  • libtvout.so
  • libtvout_jni.so
  • libtvoutfimc.so
  • libtvouthdmi.so
  • libtvoutservice.so
I'll look for more when i have a chance..

Last edited:

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
Now u have posted this tutorial I will work on making my own rom..
Just one question which mobile's port should I use galaxy s or s2 or s3?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using xda app-developers app

I posted what I recommend and linked on top of op, I'd choose galaxy s over s2 or s3 though. S3 is too diff

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: xxxSuperserieSxxx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

BASICS ON HOW TO PORT CM10.1 based roms to Samsung Infuse 4G!
    THIS CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU DONT DO IT RIGHT. THIS CAN BOOTLOOP YOUR PHONE. SO BE PREPARED TO FIX BY GOING BACK TO STOCK. DONT RECOMEND NOOBIES TRYING NOT KNOWING HOW TO UNBRICK!

Hey guys this is some stuff i do for porting and you may find problems as you try feel free to ask, on here. If you are looking to port id recommend The Samsung captivate or Galaxy S I9000 But its up to you. Those too are a lot easier to port anyways. Porting a cm10.1 that is themed such as RemICS-JB and Avatar ROM and others! I use this method to port to the infuse there is many other ways, bottom of post one has some links! NOTE* some ports are easier than others! This can take from 30min to 1hr+.
    POST #1 HOW TO PORT! (Last Updated 3/21/2013)

POST #2 EXTRAS! (Last Updated 3/18/2013)

POST #3 UPDATE YOUR ROM! & ADDING GAPPS OR TWEAKS! (Last Updated 3/6/2013)

POST #4 WASTEFUL STUFF! (Last Updated 3/6/2013)

PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

REQUIREMENTS:

YOU MUST:
    • Get permition from the dev on the base you are going to use (for example scott) for his cm10
    • Get permittion to port the rom from its own developer
    • Give the proper thanks to people on your OP of port.

STEPS OF PORTING:
    1. Have the requirements installed

2. Make a folder on your desktop or where you want it with your port name on it

3. Download both your base rom and port rom to the folder you created

4. Unzlip both to separate folders (so you would have two folders)

5. Go to cm10.1 folder for infuse and go into settings then delete the following folders.(app, fonts, framework, media.)

6. Go to your roms folder and click system and copy and paste the folders u deleted from cm10.1. so copy (app, fonts, framework, media.) to cm10.1 in system folder

7. Go to your port folder then system/lib and copy all the files over but dont replace any files just tell it to add the missing files (DONT COPY OVER ANY FOLDERS)

8. After that go to your port folder system/lib and copy three folders to your cm10.1 system/lib (yes replace the 3 files) libandroid, libandroid_runtime, libandroid_servers.

9. Go to ur port and ur to system/etc/permissions and copy theand paste to ur cm10.1 folder (DONT OVER RIGHT ITS JUST ADDING ANY NEW FILES)

11. [THIS STEP FIXES YOUR SEARCH HARD-KEY BUTTON] Go to cm10.1 system/usr/keylayout and open melfas_touchkey in notepad or notepad++ and change the following u can copy and paste. change "ASSIST" to "SEARCH" (this fixes ur search hard button) make sure to save any file u edit. (Note* SAVE AFTER DONE)
    Click show to see example

ORIGINAL FROM CM10.1 Scott's
    Code:
    Original:
    key 217   ASSIST         VIRTUAL
    key 102   HOME         VIRTUAL

SHOULD LOOK LIKE:
    Code:
    key 217   SEARCH          VIRTUAL
    key 102   HOME          VIRTUAL

12. Go back to your cm10.1 zip and open it in winrar or 7zip. extract app folder out. (system/app)

13. Copy Torch and InfuseSettings.apk over to the cm10.1 with your port on (system/app).

14. Open build.prop in your cm10.1 that u have been porting your rom on. (system folder) open build.prop in notepad++

15. Do a search for
    Code:
    ro.cm.version=
    ro.modversion=
    ro.build.display.id=
    ro.build.date=

Take off the cm10.1 name and put your Rom name and version
    For these lines add rom name and version for an example with my remics-jb new update:
    Code:
    ro.cm.version=RemICS-JB-4.2-v3.0
    ro.modversion=RemICS-JB-4.2-v3.0
    ro.build.display.id=RemICS-JB-4.2-v3.0
    ro.build.date=Sat Mar  2 00:40:42 PST 2013

16. Search and delete this:
    Code:
    ro.goo.developerid=scotthartbti
    ro.goo.rom=unofficialcm10
    ro.goo.version=unofficialcm10.108019

17. Save build.prop, you are done for now!

18. Then go to cm10.1 folder where it says META-INF, system, bml_over_mtd, bml_over_mtd, etc... Select all and right click and zip them. (don't just zip the cm10.1 folder wont flash in recovery. it builds a folder in that folder like rom.name.here/rom.name.here/your rom files)

19. After that put the zip on your sdcard and flash away. (You may need to flash scotts gapps if not included)​

OTHERS TO LOOK AT:
    NOTE* I wont be able to answer everything but i can help if i know. Other devs can help pitch in as well!
    EXTRAS YOU CAN EDIT!!

WRITE WHAT YOU WANT DURING FLASH!

Go to your port folder>META-INF>com>google>android OPEN updater-script
    1. After the 5th line press enter so 6th line is blank
    Code:
    Should look something like this:
    line 1 assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "aries" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "aries" || 
    line 2        getprop("ro.product.device") == "infuse4g" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "infuse4g" || 
    line 3        getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I997" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I997" || 
    line 4        getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I997R" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I997R");
    line 5 show_progress(0.15, 5);
    line 6 
    line 7 package_extract_file("modem.bin", "/tmp/modem.bin");

In the blank line add
    Code:
    ui_print("                                      ");
    this should be 51 characters wide
    for an example my remics port
    Code:
    ui_print("|       RemICS-JB 4.2.2 v3.1         |");
    ui_print("+      Presented by RemICS-Team      +");
    ui_print("|             Ported by:             |");
    ui_print("+   Bradman117 & xxxSuperserieSxxx   +"); 

As long as you add ui_print(" "); you can put it any were on the updater.script.
    ADD 1 OR 2 NEW FOLDERS TO INCLUDE IN FLASH!!
    picture.php

This will allow you to make a data/app folder and/or sdcard folder
    why add data/app? because you can put some apps in there instead of system/app to save system memory. NOT all system apps will work on data/app

Scotts latest cm ROM has changed, the folder is now data/data/app

PICTURE OF DATA/APP
    picture.php

PICTURE OF SDCARD Folder
    picture.php

1. Go to your port folder>META-INF>com>google>android OPEN updater-script

2. search for: mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system"); and add the following below it: mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2", "/data");
    Example:
    Code:
    mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");
    [B]mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2", "/data");[/B]
    show_progress(0.700000, 30);
    3. Search for package_extract_dir("system", "/system"); and add the following below it: package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
    (If you want to add sdcard folder also include this after "("data", "/data");" package_extract_dir("sdcard", "/sdcard");

Example:
    Code:
    package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
    [B]package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
    package_extract_dir("sdcard", "/sdcard");[/B]

And that's all i got for you now!:)

DOWNLOADS UNDER THIS IS FOR EXAMPLE TO SEE WHAT I HAVE! :)
    HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PORT!
    This is how to update your rom when the base or the port is updated. A side of that you should add/change other stuff in your build if its needed to fix bugs.

HOW TO UPDATE BASE:
    You basically start over from post one and include anything else extra you have added.
    HOW TO UPDATE PORT:
    This is how to update the port from original rom.
    1. Must have requirements from POST #1

2. Download the Zip rom and move it into your folder

3. Extract the zip to its own folder

4. Copy the app folder on your original port rom to a new folder

5. Go to PORT folder for infuse and go into settings then delete the following folders.(app, fonts, framework, media.)

6. Go to the port update you downloaded and click system and copy and paste the folders u deleted from your rom. so copy (app, fonts, framework, media.) to ur rom in system folder

7. Now select all apps in the app folder you copied somewhere else and select all and copy and paste it to the new port app folder and DONT RE-WRITE, just add the missing files.

Go to the port update folder then system/lib and copy all the files over to your rom but dont replace any files just tell it to add the missing files (DONT COPY OVER ANY FOLDERS)

8. After that go to your port folder system/lib and copy three folders to your rom system/lib (yes replace the 3 files) libandroid,
    libandroid_runtime, libandroid_servers.

9. Go to your port and go to system/etc/permissions and copy the and paste to your rom folder (DONT OVER RIGHT ITS JUST ADDING ANY NEW FILES)

11. Add anything else you added to your last update (app, fonts, framework, media.) Just like adding your personalized stuff. not update stuff​

HOW TO ADD TWEAKS/OTHER FILES TO YOUR PORT!
    This i pretty simple but if your a newbie here is little something for you! :highfive:
    Note* its easier if you are adding from flash zip.

This tutorial is an example with Google apps!

1. Extract the google zip to its own folder

2. Then you copy and paste the specific files/or folders to there right locations.

3. All the apps go in system/app and the libs go into the system/lib. Common sense :)

Depending on what you are adding varies on the editing.
    With this manual you port REMICS for JB?

Yes, same with avatar ROM and another port will probably be released by super and they have used this aswell

Yes, same with avatar ROM and another port will probably be released by super and they have used this aswell

Cool thnks for this info.