[HOWTO][MT2-L03][Stock ROM with root]Fix soft-bricked phone using TWRP

Search This thread

Borghi

Oct 7, 2014
I just tried all of the steps in the first post and the phone keeps rebooting to TWRP when I reboot after wiping caches. Ideas??

senur3

Aug 23, 2013
Hey guys, When i try to restore to stock rom i get this message after the phone starts "the user's data partition has crashed" i get 2 options do a factory restore or restart the phone, neither work. how can i fix this please.
Thank you

gerbando

Oct 30, 2016
Hello,

after i followed all the steps mentioned in your thread my phone boot in the TWRP screen instead of starting the OS. Any idea of what I should do?

Thanks

Rommul

Mar 12, 2011
Bronx
Deleted

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

So here is my problem, when I flash MT2L03_B148_Stock_ROM.zip I get
full functionality. but I can't update at all.

If I flash any other ROM:
MT2L03_B309_withRoot_Orig.zip
MT2L03_CM12_0820_withRoot_GApps_Orig.zip

I lose wifi and the device is essentially useless. (I lose my IMEI as well).

Furthermore If I try to flash any custom rim i get this error:

"This package supports bootloaders(s) : MSM8226C00B322_BOOT; this device has bootloader unknown."

The flash then fails.

Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Okay I see the problem. I need to be on B322 before I can install any custom roms.

pmf0524

Jan 15, 2015
Florence
this sucks

i am so damn confused at this point, so i have been rooted and running pacman rom for over a year now pretty much problem free from the start. I went and wanted to go check out the lineage 14.1 rom last week and i have been in hell since then. long story short i have run into every one of the problems mentioned in this thread,and my ham2 is really close to meeting my wall after i throw it at it. I am stuck cant flash any rom or at least any rom that can help me probably mostly 100% my fault as im not a very good techy guy. so right now im running on one of my old B309 backups and it sucks so laggy dont know why. I have flashed every single one of the roms posted and i cant get anywhere almost bricked it 3 times. Now can somebody just answer a question for me because i cant keep looking at these threads anymore and getting no where. from what i am reading in this thread is i can take my B309 innto my TWRP 2.8.7 and flash the B148 stock rom with root and all is normal again just have to work it back to B322 again and i can get back to Pacman? If so do i wipe it first, everything or just a factory reset. What am i missing? Please help

rahulll46

Jan 14, 2017
My HAM 2 is stuck at the Huawei Logo when I boot it up after I successfully recover the backup specified in Google Drive. I can still flash any ROM I want but they have terrible game performance for me so I want to revert back to stock. I have no OS installed. How do i do?

NightCrayon

Nov 11, 2016
Pasco, WA
i am so damn confused at this point, so i have been rooted and running pacman rom for over a year now pretty much problem free from the start. I went and wanted to go check out the lineage 14.1 rom last week and i have been in hell since then. long story short i have run into every one of the problems mentioned in this thread,and my ham2 is really close to meeting my wall after i throw it at it. I am stuck cant flash any rom or at least any rom that can help me probably mostly 100% my fault as im not a very good techy guy. so right now im running on one of my old B309 backups and it sucks so laggy dont know why. I have flashed every single one of the roms posted and i cant get anywhere almost bricked it 3 times. Now can somebody just answer a question for me because i cant keep looking at these threads anymore and getting no where. from what i am reading in this thread is i can take my B309 innto my TWRP 2.8.7 and flash the B148 stock rom with root and all is normal again just have to work it back to B322 again and i can get back to Pacman? If so do i wipe it first, everything or just a factory reset. What am i missing? Please help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq27VfRYKYQ

NightCrayon

Nov 11, 2016
Pasco, WA
My HAM 2 is stuck at the Huawei Logo when I boot it up after I successfully recover the backup specified in Google Drive. I can still flash any ROM I want but they have terrible game performance for me so I want to revert back to stock. I have no OS installed. How do i do?

What was the last official ROM you used? You should be able to flash the B322 update again and be good to go. Here is an XDA thread with relevant info you should probably read.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ascend-mate2/help/how-to-update-unlocked-mt2-l03-to-t3422775

rahulll46

Jan 14, 2017
What was the last official ROM you used? You should be able to flash the B322 update again and be good to go. Here is an XDA thread with relevant info you should probably read.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ascend-mate2/help/how-to-update-unlocked-mt2-l03-to-t3422775

Hi... I'm stuck on Lollipop now but I don't want to use it because I can't turn off or restart, how to flash lineageos? I can't flash it because it says unkown bootloader, need b322 bootloader...

mea20

Jan 18, 2009
Does anyone have a copy of the original package file: "TWRP_BACKUPS_stock-system-with-root.zip" they can share with me? The link is not working. Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT on Jan 18,2015

Please see post #9 for a flashable zip of the stock ROM with root that is taken after updated to B148.

Below original post has version B126.

******** ORIGINAL *********

Fix soft-bricked Mate 2 (MT2-L03) phone using TWRP

If you messed up the phone and it came to a state that phone can not boot into android, if you have TWRP installed and have a backup, then you know how to fix that easily.

But if you don't have your own backup, I have upload my system partition so hopefully you can use this to restore your phone. The backup is taken very close to stock, and it is rooted with SuperSU installed.

BTW, there is a "safe mode" boot method, so try that before using twrp recovery:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/asc...ted-amazon-app-store-stuck-boot-loop-t2872628 (post 6 and 7)

Steps to Restore you phone if all other ways failed:
    1. Your MT2-L03 need have bootloader unlocked, and TWRP recovery installed properly. Even your phone is soft bricked, as long as you can boot into bootloader mode, you can still unlock bootloader and install twrp recovery.2. Boot into twrp recovery and select "System" partition only, and backup it to your external storage (yes, I know your system partition is bad, this step is to create proper twrp backup directory)
    3. Download following file to your PC, unzip it.
    http://tinyurl.com/qzxkm4x
    FileName: TWRP_BACKUPS_stock-system-with-root.zip
    4. Turn off phone and take out your SD card out and plug into PC, then navigate to following directory under the SDCARD: \TWRP\BACKUPS\xxxxx, the xxxxx is a string that different in each phone
    5. Copy all the files unzipped from step 3 to above location. overwrite any files with same name.
    6. Put back the SDcard to the phone, and boot into TWRP recovery.
    7. Choose restore, select the only entry that you did the backup, and select "System" only, perform the restore.
    8. Wipe your dalvik cache, cache.
    9. Then reboot.
    10. If you still have problem, boot into recovery again, and wipe /data parition as well (Factory Reset).
    Download the MT2-L03 backup here:

And thanks @dbmj unlock bootloader, @Modding.MyMind build twrp recovery, and @D33PTHAWTE confirmation that this fixed his phone. :)
    Please try install this zip from recovery:

http://tinyurl.com/q62m68x

MT2L03_B148_Stock_ROM.zip
    File Size: 670,252,615 md5: 684bcb2674367814b96eadfa0debe846

This is a clean Stock ROM (flashable zip) with Root after upgrade to B148 for MT2L03.
    It should only be used for plain carrier unlocked Huawei MT2-L03. Other varies (carrier locked) MT2L03 is un-tested and may brick your phone.
    This ROM include /cust, /firmware, /system and /boot partition.
    The official B148 update also contains update to SBL1/ABoot/TZ/RPM partition, they are not included due to risk concern.

I didn't fully test this ROM, I just pickup the image from my early backups. I installed it to my already updated phone and boot up fine. So please try it and let me know if you see any problems.
    Help

EDIT on Jan 18,2015

Please see post #9 for a flashable zip of the stock ROM with root that is taken after updated to B148.

Below original post has version B126.

******** ORIGINAL *********

Fix soft-bricked Mate 2 (MT2-L03) phone using TWRP

If you messed up the phone and it came to a state that phone can not boot into android, if you have TWRP installed and have a backup, then you know how to fix that easily.

But if you don't have your own backup, I have upload my system partition so hopefully you can use this to restore your phone. The backup is taken very close to stock, and it is rooted with SuperSU installed.

BTW, there is a "safe mode" boot method, so try that before using twrp recovery:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/asc...ted-amazon-app-store-stuck-boot-loop-t2872628 (post 6 and 7)

Steps to Restore you phone if all other ways failed:
    1. Your MT2-L03 need have bootloader unlocked, and TWRP recovery installed properly. Even your phone is soft bricked, as long as you can boot into bootloader mode, you can still unlock bootloader and install twrp recovery.2. Boot into twrp recovery and select "System" partition only, and backup it to your external storage (yes, I know your system partition is bad, this step is to create proper twrp backup directory)
    3. Download following file to your PC, unzip it.
    4. Turn off phone and take out your SD card out and plug into PC, then navigate to following directory under the SDCARD: \TWRP\BACKUPS\xxxxx, the xxxxx is a string that different in each phone
    5. Copy all the files unzipped from step 3 to above location. overwrite any files with same name.
    6. Put back the SDcard to the phone, and boot into TWRP recovery.
    7. Choose restore, select the only entry that you did the backup, and select "System" only, perform the restore.
    8. Wipe your dalvik cache, cache.
    9. Then reboot.
    10. If you still have problem, boot into recovery again, and wipe /data parition as well (Factory Reset).
    Download the MT2-L03 backup here:

And thanks @dbmj unlock bootloader, @Modding.MyMind build twrp recovery, and @D33PTHAWTE confirmation that this fixed his phone. :)
    I can't partition my sd card as you say it keeps saying too small or something
    i tried several time cant boot into twrp ....tried through adb it says flash done in 1.1 or something sec seems like all went well ...but when u try and boot into recovery it goes to android recovery screen with broken android mark .....
    other than this phone works well and boots normally into android and i can make calls etc ...its just when i try to boot into recovery it always goto ...factory recovery with android and red mark ....whats goign on ...thanks

Hey I tried this on my phone, I think everything worked okay. Android ui crashes constantly when my sim card is inserted. When I try to do the OTA update it says theres an error with facebook in the cust folder. I tried to copy that from the zip but it failed to copy. Im out of ideas of what to do next.

Hi, I have seen these issues pretty frequent recently that:
    1) /cust partition is not covered in this TWRP backup, so after restore, you may still got facebook app mismatch failure when upgrade.
    2) Even after a successful OTA upgrade, many people (include myself) met problem to reflash the TWRP image.

So, give me a few days, I think I can make a flashable zip that has latest (B148) stock ROM with root, probably this weekend.
    trying to get back to stock reading so many different things...this should be simple but right now i'm following these directions (Quote:
    Originally Posted by thenameisnigel
    Nope, you don't need to flash to B309. Just flash the stock recovery HERE and download B322 HERE. Copy dload to external SD and flash stock recovery and reboot to OTA Upgrade mode (three-finger salute). would appreciate any input!!

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

do I need a different version of twrp I'm using 2.8.7.0

Bump

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

trying to get back to stock reading so many different things...this should be simple but right now i'm following these directions (Quote:
    Originally Posted by thenameisnigel
    Nope, you don't need to flash to B309. Just flash the stock recovery HERE and download B322 HERE. Copy dload to external SD and flash stock recovery and reboot to OTA Upgrade mode (three-finger salute). would appreciate any input!!

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

do I need a different version of twrp I'm using 2.8.7.0

Follow post 3 in PAC ROM form for this phone just don't do last step...