[HOWTO]/[ROM] [UNOFFCIAL] How to Flash Lineage OS 19.0

Search This thread

DerTopher

Mar 30, 2015
Here is a quick how-to guide to flash LineageOS 19.0 to the A51

Disclaimer: I am not the maintainer of any of the files I link to here. I just wanted to share my experience to make the process of Flashing los19 to the a51 easier for others.

Prerequisites:

1. Unlocked Bootloader

This step is crucial. You need to unlock the bootloader of the A51 before trying any of this. If not, you are likely to brick your device.​
1.1. Unlock developer mode by standard procedure: Settings > Info > Tab 7 times on build number​
1.2. Enable USB debugging in Developer Options​
1.3. Enable OEM unlocking in Developer Options -> To see OEM unlock option I needed to connect to my WIFI, then set the phone date manually to March 7th 2019. Only then the OEM unlock option became visible in Developer Options. Yes, this is super dumb and inconvenient...​
1.4 After triggering OEM unlock option shutdown your phone.​
1.5 Enter Download mode by: Pressing Volume+ and Volume - while at the same time plugging in the USB cable that is already in your PC.​
1.6. To finally unlock bootloader, you will see a green screen on which you need to press Vol + for some time. THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. It will also erase all data on your phone!​
1.7 After reboot repeat steps 1.1. - 1.5. again. This time you can actually enter download mode by pressing Vol + shortly on the green screen.​

2. Flash Twrp
You can now flash TWRP via Odin. The TWRP img I used is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0h14t0263oujhna/TWRP-11-3.6.1-a51-20220321-1406-hotfix.tar/file. I flashed it as AP. Make sure to uncheck Auto reboot before flashing.​
When flashing is complete hold Vol - and Power until reboot.​
Immediately when rebooting hold Vol + and Power until Samsung logo appears, then let Power go but hold Vol + to enter TWRP.​

3. Actual Flashing:
3.1. Necessary Files:​
Make sure to load all files necessary to your SD before flashing:​
ChonDoe_Flasher, Disable_Dm_Verity, Multidisabler, LOS-Imagefile, Magisk(optional)​
As for the LOS Image I used this file here, which already includes gapps:​
If you don't want gapps pick an image that says "BvS" instead of "bgs"​
3.2. You need to move your LOS-Image to the same folder as ChonDoe_Flasher and rename the file to "system.img"​

3.3 Flashing Sequence:

In TWRP Follow this sequence:

3.3.1. Wipe data, dalvik, cache​
3.3.2. flash disable_dm_verity​
3.3.3. flash multidisabler​
3.3.4. Wipe internal storage (Backup might be advisable, if you didn't format data anyways)​
3.3.5. reboot recovery​
3.3.6. flash chondone with lineage-19.0-20220211-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bgS-vndklite.img in the same folder renamed to system.mg​
3.3.7. Wipe data​
3.3.8. Reboot​

That should be it. First startup takes some time, your phone should boot to LOS 19.

4. Anger Management
  • If you softbrick your device you can try to go back to stock rom by accessing download mode and flashing it via Odin. Will take some fiddling around with the button combinations.
  • If you hardbrick your device don't hold me responsible and good luck to you!

Thanks to
Kyau Sana, Vadim Kupriyanov, Knoyan GTR-X and Sara Lins and other, from the telegram-group, who helped me figure out the process.

Attachments

• ChonDoe_Flasher.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 56
  • multidisabler-samsung-3.1.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Reactions: hacker812c

exault

Nov 28, 2013
Lineage 19 flash worked but after flashing my TWRP recovery bootloops (flashing twrp logo).
TWRP that loops is twrp-a51-3.5.0_10-1_ianmacd.
Do you have a working TWRP for this version of Lineage ?
Tried TWRP v3.6.1 A51 tree but it doesn't work and boots into download mode with "DT Entry not found / DT Load Failed / VB Meta sign errors"

DerTopher

Mar 30, 2015
Lineage 19 flash worked but after flashing my TWRP recovery bootloops (flashing twrp logo).
Tried TWRP v3.6.1 A51 tree but it doesn't work and boots into download mode with "DT Entry not found / DT Load Failed / VB Meta sign errors"

I added a download link to the TWRP img I used to my initial post. Let me know if it works.

cheers

DerTopher

Mar 30, 2015
Nope TWRP does not work. When using the one you linked (as all other 3.6.1 ones) it just jumps back to download mode with DT Entry not found & VBMeta not signed errors.
Sorry to hear mate. Unfortunately I cannot hell you solve this issue. There is a telegram channel for custom roms on the A51 with many motivated people. One of them might have the answer you need!

See: https://t.me/samsunga51

If you find it, please post it, so others can profit from it. With your agreement I would also like to add info about the solution - should you find it - to my initial post.
ALL sensors ok ?
Fingerprint ok ? In this ROM
Don't know about fingerprint as I do not want to provide biometric data to my phone. Maybe someone else using the ROM can answer this; Or you, if you decide to flash it post your results.

Apart from that I have not had any problems with the ROM apart from the following:

-The resulotion of the native lineage camera app is not satisfactory. When I find an app that works better, I'll let you know.

- Restarting the phone after empty battery requires a soft reset sometimes (power+vol -)
-> A solution to this problem might be given in this post. Will try it later.

Last edited:
THIS GUIDE ONLY WORKS ON ANDROID 12!!!
I have concluded all my experiments, and now I can confirm that the "twrp-a51-3.5.0_10-1_ianmacd.tar" on this website only works for Android 10 as instructed by Admin. This does not for Android 11. For Android 11 you have to flash a different file called "Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar". Details are given in the following link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-sm-a515f-one-ui-3-0-dub1-android-11.4231543/
@DerTopher , please change your OP to specify that this guide ONLY works for Android 12. I just bootlooped my device when trying this on Android 10 stock firmware

See this excelent post for more info: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-ui-2-5-ctj1-android-10.4213443/post-84750027

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a quick how-to guide to flash LineageOS 19.0 to the A51

Disclaimer: I am not the maintainer of any of the files I link to here. I just wanted to share my experience to make the process of Flashing los19 to the a51 easier for others.

Prerequisites:

1. Unlocked Bootloader

This step is crucial. You need to unlock the bootloader of the A51 before trying any of this. If not, you are likely to brick your device.​
    1.1. Unlock developer mode by standard procedure: Settings > Info > Tab 7 times on build number​
    1.2. Enable USB debugging in Developer Options​
    1.3. Enable OEM unlocking in Developer Options -> To see OEM unlock option I needed to connect to my WIFI, then set the phone date manually to March 7th 2019. Only then the OEM unlock option became visible in Developer Options. Yes, this is super dumb and inconvenient...​
    1.4 After triggering OEM unlock option shutdown your phone.​
    1.5 Enter Download mode by: Pressing Volume+ and Volume - while at the same time plugging in the USB cable that is already in your PC.​
    1.6. To finally unlock bootloader, you will see a green screen on which you need to press Vol + for some time. THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. It will also erase all data on your phone!​
    1.7 After reboot repeat steps 1.1. - 1.5. again. This time you can actually enter download mode by pressing Vol + shortly on the green screen.​

2. Flash Twrp
    You can now flash TWRP via Odin. The TWRP img I used is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0h14t0263oujhna/TWRP-11-3.6.1-a51-20220321-1406-hotfix.tar/file. I flashed it as AP. Make sure to uncheck Auto reboot before flashing.​
    When flashing is complete hold Vol - and Power until reboot.​
    Immediately when rebooting hold Vol + and Power until Samsung logo appears, then let Power go but hold Vol + to enter TWRP.​

3. Actual Flashing:
    3.1. Necessary Files:​
    Make sure to load all files necessary to your SD before flashing:​
    ChonDoe_Flasher, Disable_Dm_Verity, Multidisabler, LOS-Imagefile, Magisk(optional)​
    As for the LOS Image I used this file here, which already includes gapps:​
    If you don't want gapps pick an image that says "BvS" instead of "bgs"​
    3.2. You need to move your LOS-Image to the same folder as ChonDoe_Flasher and rename the file to "system.img"​

3.3 Flashing Sequence:

In TWRP Follow this sequence:

3.3.1. Wipe data, dalvik, cache​
    3.3.2. flash disable_dm_verity​
    3.3.3. flash multidisabler​
    3.3.4. Wipe internal storage (Backup might be advisable, if you didn't format data anyways)​
    3.3.5. reboot recovery​
    3.3.6. flash chondone with lineage-19.0-20220211-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bgS-vndklite.img in the same folder renamed to system.mg​
    3.3.7. Wipe data​
    3.3.8. Reboot​

That should be it. First startup takes some time, your phone should boot to LOS 19.

4. Anger Management
    • If you softbrick your device you can try to go back to stock rom by accessing download mode and flashing it via Odin. Will take some fiddling around with the button combinations.
    • If you hardbrick your device don't hold me responsible and good luck to you!

Thanks to
    Kyau Sana, Vadim Kupriyanov, Knoyan GTR-X and Sara Lins and other, from the telegram-group, who helped me figure out the process.

I added a download link to the TWRP img I used to my initial post. Let me know if it works.

cheers