• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

HowTo setup Shelter or Island with debloated stock ROM One Ui 3.1 and Android11 ?

Search This thread

flunkyball

May 20, 2019
Hi everyone,

Iam running my G981B with Android 11 and One UI 3.1.

- I debloated it using the following post Ultimate Debloat S20.
- I reinstalled "com.samsung.android.knox.containercore" and "com.android.managedprovisioning"

When I try to setup Shelter I get the message "Device cannot be setup. If you need assistance please contact..."
When I try to setup Island I get the message "Setup of the work profile not possible. Security rules of your company..."

For Island there is the possibility to do a manual setup: Island Manual Setup
However, if I execute "pm create-user --profileOf 0 --managed Island" I get the most useless response "Error: couldn’t create User".
fw.max_users is set to 10...

Is that a common problem or do I just oversee anything else which I might have debloated and blocks the process right now ?

Thanks for any help !

flunkyball

May 20, 2019
Okay... obviously tripped knox prevents the device from creating a work profile.
Seriously... :mad:

So is there any viable workaround to get something like Shelter or Island running ?