[HOWTO][SM-T590] Samsung Tab A 10.5 (2018) GSI installation + twrp + prevent bootloop + magisk + gapps + safetynet

Search This thread

[HOWTO][SM-T590] Samsung Tab A 10.5 (2018) GSI installation + twrp + prevent bootloop + magisk + gapps + safetynet​

This is my first tuto for the SM-T590 Tab. I´ve tried to install GSI for days. The results was bootloops. So I asked some people, readed some stuff. And voila it´s working. So I would like to share my experience to you.

First of all I would like to say thanks to all the people who helped me to understand some things. But a BIG THANKS goes to @UDPSendToFailed . Thank you for your patience with me :cool: .

It should be clear but I would like to write it down here.. I am not a professional and collection my knowledge from other sites and threads. So I am not responsible for data loss, device bricking or other stuff. Thank you.

Prerequisites​

- working ADB and fastboot, ubuntu suggested​
- odin and odin patched version​
- all necessary files: twrp.img; stock FW (latest); GSI Image (a64-binder); Magisk; Disable-DM-Verity.zip​

Enable developer settings and allow OEM unlock​

- go to settings, system, about the phone; click several times on build-number​
- go back to main, then more settings, developer options​
- toggle USB debugging + OEM unlock​

Prepare download mode for odin​

- connect the tab to your computer and run the following codes:​

Code:
adb devices
there should be a message to authorize adb to your device​

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
now we should be in download mode​

Flash stock FW​

- download latest FW​
- open odin (unmodified), choose FW files (AP, BL,CSC)​
- click start, be patient, if finished it will reboot to system, close odin​
- walk through the setup​

Flash recovery/twrp​

- open modded odin​
- select "AP" and open the recovery file​
- hold volume up and then press start (if you´re not it will boot to system and overwrite recovery)​

Flash GSI​

- so now inside twrp..​
- follow those steps exactly; very important; otherwise you will end up in a bootloop​
- go to "wipe" and select format data, confirm with "yes"​
- reboot to recovery again, otherwise twrp wont have access to internal storage​
- again to "wipe", then "factory reset"​
- go back to "install" section, toggle "install zip" to "install img"​
- select your GSI image and choose "install to system"​
- when finished go back to "wipe" section​
- select "Advance Wipe" then select "System" and then "Repair or Change File System"​
- click on "Resize File System" and swipe to confirm​
- now go back to "install" section and flash first Disable-DM-Verity and if wanted Magisk24.1 afterwards​
- if also needed you can now install gapps​

Pass Safetynet​

- boot up system and open magiskmanager​
- go to "modules" section and install "hide props config​
- download "termux terminal"​
- open "termux terminal" and type su; grant root​
- type props and choose option "1 - Edit device fingerprint"​
- choose "f"​
- choose "26 - samsung"​
- choose "85 - sm-t590"​
- confirm with "y" twice!​

Congrats. Now your GSI should boot up. If you have any questions or suggestions please dont hesitate to let me know.

P.s. please be patient with my English, I am from Germany.

Sep 21, 2018
Hey,

i trying to install crdrom 315 on my SM-T590

but every times i get the boootloop

my Firmware => T590XXU3CTF9_T590OJM3CTG1_XSG
Android 10
--> boot stock --> enable usb debbugging and OEM (OEM works only with wifi connection)
--> adb reboot recovery --> wipe data .... reboot Bootloader
--> Install TWRP with patched odin --> directly in TWRP --> format data --> reboot recovery
--> wipe data Factory reset --> install from SD crdrom (crdrom-v315+220220-arm-avZ.img) --> wipe Resize
--> Install disable DM ... (Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip)
--> reboot system = loop

can you help me --> wegen mir auch in Deutsch :)

Grüße von Deutschland to Germany
AET

Hello there,

to bes sure... what was your exact step for resizing system partition? It was the minor reason for me that the os wont boot up. In my case I´ve only tested AOSP right now.
Maybe your bootloop is caused by the os itself. I am now not at home for about 6 weeks but I´ll give it a try and will let you know ASAP.

You can try AOSP GSI for the meantime.

Grüße auch aus DBT!

Sep 21, 2018
my Problem was the wrong ROM i used the arm ROM but for the sm-t590 you need the a64 (binder) ROM OK, its working fine but i head a Problem with my MAC Adress every boot i have another WiFi MAC adress i tested AOSP crdrom and many other but all the same, in the developer Mode the Random MAC is still disabled! how can i fix the MAC adress?

i try it with busybox and ifconfig ..... but i get allways a denied

Hey,

I am sorry to let you know that I am not a developer and so it is not easy for me to understand which part of OS will cause the problems with the mac adress as in your case.

But I think I´ve heard about that problem in the past.

Glad to hear that GSI is working for you right know.

Greetings.

Sep 21, 2018
and you have no problems with the wifi? or you have not noticed the changing MAC address?

can you tell me which versions you have flashed

stock Rom Android 10?
and which ASOP version?
--> then I try that times like you

I would really like a custom ROM without ONE UI, but I carry my tablet around in public. Can I set a password on this GSI or will there be a bootloop? And I think that the roms from the T590 will be installed on the T595, since the difference is only in the LTE module? (Well, about the same as on the Nexus 9 LTE / WiFi?)

Sep 21, 2018
i have a password set up but i had to deleting keystore.mdfpp.so and keystore.msm8953.so from /vendor/lib/hw after this you can set a password without bootloop!

The only problem I have with it is that my MAC address keeps changing and every now and then the connection drops!

Reactions: russanandres

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have a password set up but i had to deleting keystore.mdfpp.so and keystore.msm8953.so from /vendor/lib/hw after this you can set a password without bootloop!

The only problem I have with it is that my MAC address keeps changing and every now and then the connection drops!