[HOWTO][SM-T590] Samsung Tab A 10.5 (2018) GSI installation + twrp + prevent bootloop + magisk + gapps + safetynet
This is my first tuto for the SM-T590 Tab. I´ve tried to install GSI for days. The results was bootloops. So I asked some people, readed some stuff. And voila it´s working. So I would like to share my experience to you.
First of all I would like to say thanks to all the people who helped me to understand some things. But a BIG THANKS goes to @UDPSendToFailed . Thank you for your patience with me .
It should be clear but I would like to write it down here.. I am not a professional and collection my knowledge from other sites and threads. So I am not responsible for data loss, device bricking or other stuff. Thank you.
- working ADB and fastboot, ubuntu suggested
- odin and odin patched version
- all necessary files: twrp.img; stock FW (latest); GSI Image (a64-binder); Magisk; Disable-DM-Verity.zip
Enable developer settings and allow OEM unlock
- go to settings, system, about the phone; click several times on build-number
- go back to main, then more settings, developer options
- toggle USB debugging + OEM unlock
Prepare download mode for odin
- connect the tab to your computer and run the following codes:
there should be a message to authorize adb to your device
adb reboot bootloader
now we should be in download mode
Flash stock FW
- download latest FW
- open odin (unmodified), choose FW files (AP, BL,CSC)
- click start, be patient, if finished it will reboot to system, close odin
- walk through the setup
- open modded odin
- select "AP" and open the recovery file
- hold volume up and then press start (if you´re not it will boot to system and overwrite recovery)
- so now inside twrp..
- follow those steps exactly; very important; otherwise you will end up in a bootloop
- go to "wipe" and select format data, confirm with "yes"
- reboot to recovery again, otherwise twrp wont have access to internal storage
- again to "wipe", then "factory reset"
- go back to "install" section, toggle "install zip" to "install img"
- select your GSI image and choose "install to system"
- when finished go back to "wipe" section
- select "Advance Wipe" then select "System" and then "Repair or Change File System"
- click on "Resize File System" and swipe to confirm
- now go back to "install" section and flash first Disable-DM-Verity and if wanted Magisk24.1 afterwards
- if also needed you can now install gapps
- boot up system and open magiskmanager
- go to "modules" section and install "hide props config
- download "termux terminal"
- open "termux terminal" and type su; grant root
- type props and choose option "1 - Edit device fingerprint"
- choose "f"
- choose "26 - samsung"
- choose "85 - sm-t590"
- confirm with "y" twice!
Congrats. Now your GSI should boot up. If you have any questions or suggestions please dont hesitate to let me know.
P.s. please be patient with my English, I am from Germany.