[HOWTO] Software Unlock; How to unlock Bell Galaxy S Vibrant i9000M

Search This thread

jnk1348

May 25, 2010
Hey,

I'm considering buying a Bell Galaxy S, but I'm not sure of the current unlock situation.

Is it still possible to unlock current Galaxy S? Is there any firmware update we can't unlock yet?

Thanks!

mn101

Sep 22, 2010
Toronto
Hi. I ran the command above in Step 7 and the script ran ok. I got the NCK as described. But when I powered off my phone and powered it back up again I did not get the "Requesting network unlock" prompt. How do I know if my phone is unlocked? Thanks.

bobbytomorow

Jun 18, 2010
West Coast
I keep coming up with "unsuccessful"

I am rooted, got code from the tut in this thread it matched the code I got from galaxy unlocker and some other app (all codes the same) but for some reason my galaxy will not accept the code and unlock :/

It is a Bell Mobility Galaxy S Vibrant GT-I9000M, running eclair

bobbytomorow

Jun 18, 2010
West Coast
Ok I got it

After I applied the 3 button combo fix, I rebooted into recovery and did a factory wipe, entered the code at the prompt and viola

3py0n

Nov 25, 2010
First off, thank you all for your hardwork and devotion to Android!!! Recently discovered this site (about a month ago) And have been following ever since :D

Just wondering if this unlock method is for Bell's Vibrant exclusive or is it possible with Roger's Captivate.

And I've been trying to find out how much of a difference there is between a locked and unlocked phone.

Examples:
being on Rogers and using the Roger's Captivate.
-any apps or features disabled due to it being locked?

being on Bell and using the Bell's Vibrant.
-any apps or features disabled due to it being locked?

Thanks in advance!

I'm planning to buy either the Captivate from Rogers or Vibrant from Bell, both second hand from people. Both are priced the same. I initially wanted the Vibrant but after researching and reading about horror stories like unable to enter Recovery mode, having interal SD corruptions, having a recovery mode locked by provider, etc...I'm getting a little nervous/scared about unlocking the Vibrant.

While as if I got the Captivate I could just use it as is OR unlock it. I researched and both phones are pretty much the same but the when it comes to the cameras, the Vibrant was better for some strange reason.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance! and love this forum/site :D

Hoping to get an answer soon as the sellers are waiting on me :(

Last edited:

crippenx

Dec 4, 2010
Montreal, QC
Just purchased a Galaxy Vibrant today and unlocked it without a hitch -- however once I plopped in my Rogers sim (which was on an iphone) noticed 3G doesn't work anymore .. it did with the prepaid Bell sim that came with the phone.

Could it be the iphone dataplan i have only works with an iphone ? or does the unlocking not unlock 3g?

CASz

Jan 10, 2009
I had unlocked my phone then relocked it to bell (302 610) when I was having some problems and thought I might have to take it in. Now it won't accept the unlock code when I put in a Rogers SIM. Suggestions?

SHIK1

Jan 17, 2009
7. Run CMD
CD (change directory ) to the folder where you have the files
execute/run sgux2.exe bml3.bak

done this but it says :
searching code block
found

searching codes......

then nothing????

after 8 hours of trying to unlock my 2.2 tmob uk i did it with this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=843323

Last edited:

ibeam

Dec 17, 2010
Asking for Assistance

Please, help to unlock...

I just bought my Samsung S Vibrant (GTI9000M) from Bell Canada. It runs Android 2.2 Froyo.

I have the root access on my phone. However, there is neither /efs folder nor nv_data.bin file when I go to Computer -> GT-I9000M -> Phone.

The Windows Unlock Generator says:
*Error: unable to find file <.\nv_data.bin>

Please, can someone assist me?

ciudadbonita

Oct 14, 2010
Im in the same boat, i cant get the old script that worked for 2.1 to work for froyo jk4, someone please help us, ill throw virtual beers at you.

Dec 23, 2010
help!!

I succesfuly unlocked my new galaxy vibrant ( Bell ) and am now using it with TELUS. Everything works fine for the voice and txt messages but i cant use data!!

The phone is not yet rooted and yes i do have a data plan..

What can i do to regain acces to my data??

SHIK1

Jan 17, 2009
should've used APN backup tool from the market.... backup restore APN settings...

You'll have to go to

settings
wireless and network
mobile networks
Acces point names (APNs)

and configure them yourself for mms and internet