[HOWTO] Universal CSC & recover product code [ANY ROM] (I5801 supported)

Search This thread

bloodrider

Aug 17, 2010
Discontinued

As you should have noted I'm not supporting this topic anymore. Nowadays most ROMs have this integrated, you only have to change to your CSC of choice in case of need.
(My links were from "pre-Megaupload BOOM" era, so... Not really uploading them again as they aren't needed!)

rgxHost

May 6, 2014
Kaiserslautern
Dead Links

As you should have noted I'm not supporting this topic anymore. Nowadays most ROMs have this integrated, you only have to change to your CSC of choice in case of need.
(My links were from "pre-Megaupload BOOM" era, so... Not really uploading them again as they aren't needed!)

Before anything, I hope you have an /efs folder backup, you should have done it even before flashing!

NOTICE: This method does a reset, your SGS only maintains your personal files (sdcard & external sdcard). I'm not responsible at all for any problem that you get for following this procedure.

This procedure must bee done after flashing and before installing "anything" ("only" root and a program like Root Explorer are allowed :p). If you do this after you'll likely have problems!

You need root access so this can work! You may do this with commands via ADB or terminal, or else in a easy way with a program like Root Explorer (notice this is a paid app).

NOTICE: It seems this process, as it uses older CSC versions, disables the "voice input abilities", you may have to reinstall "voice apks" (if you use them...). I will confirm this today or during this weekend. (this issue was related to a problem on the French CSC)

MANUAL METHOD:
  1. First, get the right folder for your country (available at the bottom of this topic or else ask me) and copy it to /system/csc.*
  2. After, open an ADB shell, and use the following command:
    Code:
    am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/com.android.Preconfig.Preconfig
  3. After this, select on your SGS, your CSC country code. Then it'll reboot, you'll have to do the initial configuration, and it's done!

"AUTOMATIC" METHOD (firmwares dated to september (or newer)): (Thanks for Richthofen, for this info!)
  1. First, get the right folder for your country (available at the bottom of this topic or else ask me) and copy it to /system/csc.*
  2. After, check your IMEI with this code on the dialer, *#06#, and save it as you'll need.
  3. Then, type on the dialer, *#272*???????????????# (??????????????? it's your IMEI, it must have 15 digits), after you can chose your CSC, then it'll reboot (it may take some time, you'll see bootloader applying the changes), you'll have to do the initial configuration and it's done!

For your country you'll need a specific folder. If you don't find it were, give me an CSC file for your country (any firmware version, I just need the file "cache.rfs" or the "CSC_I9000------.tar.md5") and I will make the folder for your country available.

* If you're on JPK (probably on every new version of Froyo), you'll need the following commands to be able to copy the CSC folder to the /system/csc.
Code:
adb shell
su
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system

This process is fully functional, it changes your CSC and recover your original product code! (to have your product code recovered your nv_data.bak should be compatible with the CSC you apply)

PS: You can check your product code with SGS ToolBox.
PS2: I did some search and didn't see this method posted were on XDA. If I'm wrong, sorry!

OPS - Australia (YES OPTUS)
VAU - Australia (Vodafone) BRANDED
XSA - Australia (Telstra, YES OPTUS, Vodafone AU, Virgin Mobile, 3, Crazy Johns)
HUT - Australia (3) BRANDED
ATO - Austria
SEB - Baltic (LMT GSM, LV TELE2, LV BITE, LT Omnitel, LT Bite, LT TELE2, EE EMT, EE ELISA, EE TELE2)
ETR - Bangladesh
TML - Bangladesh (TML and ETR seem equal, same version, same network operators)
PRO - Belgium
VVT - Bulgaria (vivacom)
MTL - Bulgaria (MTEL)
BMC - Canada (Bell)
BWA - Canada (SaskTel)
BMF - Canada (Fido) UNBRANDED [provided by Idan73, not checked by me]
XEZ - Czech Republic
VIP - Croatia (HR VIP)
SFR - France (F SFR, SFR RU) BRANDED
XEF - France
DBT - Germany
CYO - Greece (MTN, CYTAVODA)
EUR - Greece (WIND GR, vodafone GR, COSMOTE)
TGY - Hong Kong [provided by rickylcp, not checked by me]
INS - India (CSCEdition > ED006)
INU - India (CSCEdition > ED009 | I think INU is an updated version of INS, as they seem to have the same network operators)
XSE - Indonesia
MET - Ireland (Meteor)
ITV - Italy [UPDATED 02/11]
XME - Malaysia
NPL - Nepal
XEE - Nordic (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden)
XTC - Philippines
XEO - Poland (Plus, Era, Heyah, Orange, Play)
ERA - Poland (ERA) BRANDED
TPH - Portugal
CNX - Romania (Vodafone RO)
COA - Romania (Cosmote)
ORO - Romania (RO Orange)
HAT - Romania (RO Orange, Vodafone RO, Cosmote)
SER - Russia (MTS, Beeline, Megafon, TELE2)
TOP - Serbia
XSP - Singapore
XSP - Singapore UNBRANDED
XSO - Singapore (Singtel)
MOT - Slovenia (Mobitel)
SIM - Slovenia (Si.mobil)
XEC - Spain (Movistar) BRANDED
FOP - Spain (Movistar, Vodafone ES, Orange, Yoigo, Mobil R, EUSKALTEL, TeleCable, Blau, Simyo)
SLK - Sri Lanka
AUT - Switzerland (Sunrise, Swisscom, Orange CH)
MOZ - Switzerland (Sunrise, Swisscom, Orange CH)
SWC - Switzerland (Swisscom) BRANDED
CPW - United Kingdom & Ireland
XEU - United Kingdom & Ireland

This process also works on the I5801, thanks to gazski!
~

Greetings;

All Links are Dead.
Can anyone activate or share a working mirror?
Specially for: German and Portuguese Devices?

Thanks in advance

Kowyim

Oct 18, 2014

Before anything, I hope you have an /efs folder backup, you should have done it even before flashing!

NOTICE: This method does a reset, your SGS only maintains your personal files (sdcard & external sdcard). I'm not responsible at all for any problem that you get for following this procedure.

This procedure must bee done after flashing and before installing "anything" ("only" root and a program like Root Explorer are allowed :p). If you do this after you'll likely have problems!

You need root access so this can work! You may do this with commands via ADB or terminal, or else in a easy way with a program like Root Explorer (notice this is a paid app).

NOTICE: It seems this process, as it uses older CSC versions, disables the "voice input abilities", you may have to reinstall "voice apks" (if you use them...). I will confirm this today or during this weekend. (this issue was related to a problem on the French CSC)

MANUAL METHOD:
    Code:
    am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/com.android.Preconfig.Preconfig
  3. After this, select on your SGS, your CSC country code. Then it'll reboot, you'll have to do the initial configuration, and it's done!

It seems like all of the link is broken... can you give me new for malaysia ?

"AUTOMATIC" METHOD (firmwares dated to september (or newer)): (Thanks for Richthofen, for this info!)
  2. After, check your IMEI with this code on the dialer, *#06#, and save it as you'll need.
  3. Then, type on the dialer, *#272*???????????????# (??????????????? it's your IMEI, it must have 15 digits), after you can chose your CSC, then it'll reboot (it may take some time, you'll see bootloader applying the changes), you'll have to do the initial configuration and it's done!

For your country you'll need a specific folder. If you don't find it were, give me an CSC file for your country (any firmware version, I just need the file "cache.rfs" or the "CSC_I9000------.tar.md5") and I will make the folder for your country available.

* If you're on JPK (probably on every new version of Froyo), you'll need the following commands to be able to copy the CSC folder to the /system/csc.
Code:
adb shell
su

This process is fully functional, it changes your CSC and recover your original product code! (to have your product code recovered your nv_data.bak should be compatible with the CSC you apply)

PS2: I did some search and didn't see this method posted were on XDA. If I'm wrong, sorry!

XSA - Australia (Telstra, YES OPTUS, Vodafone AU, Virgin Mobile, 3, Crazy Johns)
ATO - Austria
SEB - Baltic (LMT GSM, LV TELE2, LV BITE, LT Omnitel, LT Bite, LT TELE2, EE EMT, EE ELISA, EE TELE2)
ETR - Bangladesh
PRO - Belgium
VVT - Bulgaria (vivacom)
MTL - Bulgaria (MTEL)
BMC - Canada (Bell)
BWA - Canada (SaskTel)
XEZ - Czech Republic
VIP - Croatia (HR VIP)
XEF - France
DBT - Germany
INU - India (CSCEdition > ED009 | I think INU is an updated version of INS, as they seem to have the same network operators)
XSE - Indonesia
MET - Ireland (Meteor)
XME - Malaysia
NPL - Nepal
XTC - Philippines
TPH - Portugal
COA - Romania (Cosmote)
TOP - Serbia
XSP - Singapore
MOT - Slovenia (Mobitel)
FOP - Spain (Movistar, Vodafone ES, Orange, Yoigo, Mobil R, EUSKALTEL, TeleCable, Blau, Simyo)
SLK - Sri Lanka

It seems like all of the link is broken.. can you give me new link for malaysia (xme) ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MANUAL METHOD:
      Code:

Code:
    adb shell
    su

Universal CSC Pack said:
    EXPERIMENTAL (Tested on I9000 with JPA, but it should work on all ROMs)

Download the pack, put it on sdcard, go to ClockworkMod Recovery mode, choose "install zip from sdcard" and install the pack. Then reboot and follow steps 2 and 3 of "Automatic method" explained above! (check your CSC code on the list bellow)

I've to test this some more time and I also expect some feedback from you ;) After that I'll turn this pack the most "universal" possible.

Thanks to on.one on the info on this process.
    ATO - Austria
    ETR - Bangladesh
    PRO - Belgium
    VVT - Bulgaria (vivacom)
    MTL - Bulgaria (MTEL)
    BMC - Canada (Bell)
    BWA - Canada (SaskTel)
    XEZ - Czech Republic
    VIP - Croatia (HR VIP)
    XEF - France
    DBT - Germany
    XSE - Indonesia
    MET - Ireland (Meteor)
    XME - Malaysia
    NPL - Nepal
    XTC - Philippines
    TPH - Portugal
    COA - Romania (Cosmote)
    TOP - Serbia
    XSP - Singapore
    MOT - Slovenia (Mobitel)
    SLK - Sri Lanka

I5801 said:
    Hello mate,

I managed to change the csc on my GT-i5801.

I have the firmware I5800XWJH2 and is rooted.

I had to plug my external sd card into my laptop, i then downloaded the CPW csc and then transfered the zipped file to my sd card, i then unzipped the file in the sd card.
    I put the card back into the phone then used ROOT EXPLOYER and changed the permissions of the file to READ, WRITE, EXECUTE... i then followed your instructions on your thread and it worked..yippee

You are more than welcome to use this explanation.

Thanks for all your help and i hope you understand my explanation

Regards
    Gary
    No more need to access preconfing manually (via ADB).
    Managed to find the new access code for firmwares with compile date of >9/2010.

When using Multi CSCs the variant / product code will be set to a default value, which usually is "KOR" (Test).

Even when using the correct CSC the phone will not use correct settings (e.g APN) for your region until you set the correct variant / product code manually from Preconfiguration menu.

Previously Samsung used code *#272*HHMM# (HH being hour and MM minute, = current time) to access the Preconfiguration menu.

The access code was then changed and all firmwares dated to september (or newer) were using it. Since the new access code was unknown, the only way to chance the variant / product code was launching the Preconfiguration manually via ADB.

I finally found some time to take a look at it and now I managed to find the new access code:

You need to have your IMEI code in hand, so either take the sales package or type *#06# to the dialer (to check the IMEI, write it down).

Then type *#272*???????????????# to the dialer.

??????????????? is your IMEI code, it is always 15 digits long.

Select the desired variant / product code from the list and press install.

After the reboot you are all set.

THIS IS NOT REQUIRED WHEN USING A SINGLE CSC (I.E SINGLE VARIANT, E.G XEE).
    Hummmm, then maybe something changed (finally...) on the CSC files.
    I'll try to find some CSC files for 2.2.1, if anyone have them and can provide them to me, so I can analyze them, I would be thankful ;)

Do you want just any country? the JPU I've got has:
    CPW
    DBT
    KOR
    XEO
    XEU

Do you want the files from any of these? thanks
    Yes,
    I know it does a factory reset, but Titanium Back-up takes care of that. I copied back the 4 files that were safed when I used SGS Tools to check the product code, so .nv_data.bak, .nv_data.bak.md5, nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5.

Cheers,
    Speedstra
    And here is the CSC for the Netherlands ready to go ...See attachment