• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HOWTO] Unlock TF700T in 2020

Search This thread

OnkiTomm

Jul 2, 2021
I'm in the same situation "network connection error" but native web browser is working, I can access https://www.asus.com
Mine is TF300T JOP40D.WW_epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902
Running out of idea...waiting for some help...
same here ... and the same model TF300T.
I can browse asus.com and any other site with native browser, but get that "network connection error" with the unlock v7 and v8.
Did someone solve this?

Stealth75

Feb 22, 2021
Hi , Im trying to run Kingoroot and I keep getting "download error". Anyone else encountered this?
My internet connection is fine.

Stealth75

Feb 22, 2021
After haveing some troubles I managed to unlock the bootloader on my TF201. I am going to post the full procedure that worked for me in case anyone needs it.

You are going to need:
-DMClient.apk for TF201 (download from the original poster link)
-Unlocker_app_v7_update.apk for TF700T (download from original poster link)
-KingoRoot.apk 4.4.3 (can download here https://kingo-root.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1804910)
-EsExplorer.apk (this version is compatible with android 4 https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/es-gl...s-file-explorer-4-0-4-2-android-apk-download/)
-MitMproxy (I used the one for windows).

1) install kingoroot, open it and root the tablet.

2) install EsExplorer, open it, click on the 3 lines on the up-left, expand the "tools" section end enable "root explorer". When asked for root permission click "allow".

3) on EsExplorer:
  1. copy the DMClient.apk inside /system/app (click on replace when asked).
  2. copy the Unlocker_app_v7_update.apk inside /system/app as well.
  3. rename the file "DMClient.odex" in /system/app to "old_DMClient.odex".
  4. change permisson of DMClient.apk AND Unlocker_app_v7_update.apk. This is done by long pressing the apk -> click on "more" -> "properties" -> Permissions "Change" -> check "read" and "write" for owner. check "read" for group and other. uncheck the rest.
4) restart the tablet. (this willl automatically install the unlocker app).

5) setup mitmproxy as explained here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/howto-unlock-tf700t-in-2020.4157143/post-85097463 . Mitmproxy can be setup the same way on windows (without using VB). Additionaly on the "Edit options" uncheck "block_global" option.
If done without VB remember to set the pc ip as the "hostname" (step 4 of "Setting up your tablet"). To get the pc ip run "ipconfig" on windows powershell.

6) open the unlocker app and unlock the device.
Thanks very much for the post but I'm not sure how this is supposed to work. I can't root my TF201 because the bootloader's locked and I can't access the system drive through ES Explorer to try and unlock it because I'm not rooted.
Any ideas?

Stealth75

Feb 22, 2021
After haveing some troubles I managed to unlock the bootloader on my TF201. I am going to post the full procedure that worked for me in case anyone needs it.

You are going to need:
-DMClient.apk for TF201 (download from the original poster link)
-Unlocker_app_v7_update.apk for TF700T (download from original poster link)
-KingoRoot.apk 4.4.3 (can download here https://kingo-root.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1804910)
-EsExplorer.apk (this version is compatible with android 4 https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/es-gl...s-file-explorer-4-0-4-2-android-apk-download/)
-MitMproxy (I used the one for windows).

1) install kingoroot, open it and root the tablet.

2) install EsExplorer, open it, click on the 3 lines on the up-left, expand the "tools" section end enable "root explorer". When asked for root permission click "allow".

3) on EsExplorer:
  1. copy the DMClient.apk inside /system/app (click on replace when asked).
  2. copy the Unlocker_app_v7_update.apk inside /system/app as well.
  3. rename the file "DMClient.odex" in /system/app to "old_DMClient.odex".
  4. change permisson of DMClient.apk AND Unlocker_app_v7_update.apk. This is done by long pressing the apk -> click on "more" -> "properties" -> Permissions "Change" -> check "read" and "write" for owner. check "read" for group and other. uncheck the rest.
4) restart the tablet. (this willl automatically install the unlocker app).

5) setup mitmproxy as explained here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/howto-unlock-tf700t-in-2020.4157143/post-85097463 . Mitmproxy can be setup the same way on windows (without using VB). Additionaly on the "Edit options" uncheck "block_global" option.
If done without VB remember to set the pc ip as the "hostname" (step 4 of "Setting up your tablet"). To get the pc ip run "ipconfig" on windows powershell.

6) open the unlocker app and unlock the device.
Hi, I'm a total newbie here but I was wondering if I could bother you for one thing? I've got mitmproxy set up on Windows (with no VB as you suggested). It seems to be working fine on windows but I cannot get the rrpoxy to work in any way, shape or form on my tf201. (I've tried connecting through my phone as well but no luck)
I feel like I'm putting a hostname in the wrong place or not putting one somewhere, coudl you please show me a screenshot of your proxy settings on your android device?
I feel like I'm so close!
Thanks in advance
Stealth

maisomenos

Jan 20, 2021
Hi, I'm a total newbie here but I was wondering if I could bother you for one thing? I've got mitmproxy set up on Windows (with no VB as you suggested). It seems to be working fine on windows but I cannot get the rrpoxy to work in any way, shape or form on my tf201. (I've tried connecting through my phone as well but no luck)
I feel like I'm putting a hostname in the wrong place or not putting one somewhere, coudl you please show me a screenshot of your proxy settings on your android device?
I feel like I'm so close!
Thanks in advance
Stealth
Hello. If you are at mitmproxy stage I guess you managed to root the tablet with kingoroot app, but Just to be clear: you can root with kingoroot right away without unlocked bootloader. You will need root to use ES explorer.

Regarding mitmproxy: the concept of the proxy is to reroute the connection from the tablet to the computer running mitmproxy, the computer will than foreward your requests. For this to work you need both devices to be connected to the same wifi, and you need to explicitly tell your tablet to use your computer as a proxy, by specifing the hostname on the tablet wifi settings. In this case the hostname will be the Local IP of the computer running mitmproxy.

To get the IP you need to open powershell on your pc where mitmproxy is running, run the command ipconfig and scroll down untill you find the section about LAN/Wi-Fi and copy "address ipv4". It will be in the form of 192.168.1.x (this is the LOCAL ip assigned to your computer). Note that the local IP is not always the same and may change as soon as you disconnect the pc from the wifi and connect it back again, so double check it.
Screenshot 2021-07-30 120905_LI.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-30 121003.png

That said, try to follow again the link https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/howto-unlock-tf700t-in-2020.4157143/post-85097463.

You can skip the whole first section (importing an image into vb), since we are using mitmproxy directly from windows.

Skip the first 4 images of the second section (preparing and running mitmproxy), since it explains how to get the IPv4 of the Virtual Machine. Instead you get the IP with "ipconfig" command as I explained. Open mitmproxy web interface on windows and edit the settings as shown in the images. Additionaly on the "Edit options" uncheck "block_global" option.

For the third section (Setting up your tablet) follow all the steps. The only difference is on step 4, where you need to type the IPV4 that we found with ipconfig as the hostname. Install the certificates on the tablet as explaind on step 6 and 7 and you should be good to go.
Screenshot_2021-07-30-12-14-19_LI.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-30 123902.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-30 123902.png
    293.5 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: Stealth75

Ice_83

Nov 28, 2010
i could set up the mitmproxy and it seems to show logs when i access websites from the tablet. I downloaded the certificate on the tablet, but https websites dont open. It would say in the logs for e.g. asus.com:

"Client TSL handshake failed. The client may not trust the proxy's certificate for asus.com:443 (OpenSSL Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_early_post_process_client_hello'. 'version too low')]))"

@maisomenos , anything you could perhaps help with advice? appreciate your help, Im stuck.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Stealth75

Feb 22, 2021
Hello. If you are at mitmproxy stage I guess you managed to root the tablet with kingoroot app, but Just to be clear: you can root with kingoroot right away without unlocked bootloader. You will need root to use ES explorer.

Regarding mitmproxy: the concept of the proxy is to reroute the connection from the tablet to the computer running mitmproxy, the computer will than foreward your requests. For this to work you need both devices to be connected to the same wifi, and you need to explicitly tell your tablet to use your computer as a proxy, by specifing the hostname on the tablet wifi settings. In this case the hostname will be the Local IP of the computer running mitmproxy.

To get the IP you need to open powershell on your pc where mitmproxy is running, run the command ipconfig and scroll down untill you find the section about LAN/Wi-Fi and copy "address ipv4". It will be in the form of 192.168.1.x (this is the LOCAL ip assigned to your computer). Note that the local IP is not always the same and may change as soon as you disconnect the pc from the wifi and connect it back again, so double check it.
View attachment 5374203
View attachment 5374205

That said, try to follow again the link https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/howto-unlock-tf700t-in-2020.4157143/post-85097463.

You can skip the whole first section (importing an image into vb), since we are using mitmproxy directly from windows.

Skip the first 4 images of the second section (preparing and running mitmproxy), since it explains how to get the IPv4 of the Virtual Machine. Instead you get the IP with "ipconfig" command as I explained. Open mitmproxy web interface on windows and edit the settings as shown in the images. Additionaly on the "Edit options" uncheck "block_global" option.

For the third section (Setting up your tablet) follow all the steps. The only difference is on step 4, where you need to type the IPV4 that we found with ipconfig as the hostname. Install the certificates on the tablet as explaind on step 6 and 7 and you should be good to go.
View attachment 5374207
Thanks so much for your response and all yoru advice.
I did finally get rooted but I had to use dr. fone, Kingo Root just wouldn't work for me.
The above looks the same as what I was doing but I'll give it the old college try again. Although I may have totally stuffed up. I'm not sure what I've done but I ried to uninstall/reinstall mitmproxy and now every time I run "mitmweb" in the terminal it just tells me it's an unrecognised command.
Oh well, I'll keep playing today and see how I go. :)

maisomenos

Jan 20, 2021
i could set up the mitmproxy and it seems to show logs when i access websites from the tablet. I downloaded the certificate on the tablet, but https websites dont open. It would say in the logs for e.g. asus.com:

"Client TSL handshake failed. The client may not trust the proxy's certificate for asus.com:443 (OpenSSL Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_early_post_process_client_hello'. 'version too low')]))"

@maisomenos , anything you could perhaps help with advice? appreciate your help, Im stuck.

Thanks!!
I'm not sure what is the problem. Did you follow the whole procedure?

maisomenos

Jan 20, 2021
Thanks so much for your response and all yoru advice.
I did finally get rooted but I had to use dr. fone, Kingo Root just wouldn't work for me.
The above looks the same as what I was doing but I'll give it the old college try again. Although I may have totally stuffed up. I'm not sure what I've done but I ried to uninstall/reinstall mitmproxy and now every time I run "mitmweb" in the terminal it just tells me it's an unrecognised command.
Oh well, I'll keep playing today and see how I go. :)
No problem. Just look for mitmproxy on the windows search bar.

On my PC mitmproxy is located here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\mitmproxy\bin\mitmweb.exe".

Reactions: Stealth75

Stealth75

Feb 22, 2021
No problem. Just look for mitmproxy on the windows search bar.

On my PC mitmproxy is located here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\mitmproxy\bin\mitmweb.exe".
I was having other issues with work apps trying to WFH so I got annoyed and reset my llaptop. I'll see how it goes Thursday when I'm back at "work".
Cheers☺️

Ice_83

Nov 28, 2010
I'm not sure what is the problem. Did you follow the whole procedure?
I did.
1. As instructed, I adjusted the wifi settings on the tablet to go through the mitmproxy, it seems to work. Mitmproxy settings is running with settings adjusted per instructions. Also unticked "block global".
2. I then downloaded as instructed the android certificate on the tablet by typing mitm.it in the browser.
3. After that if I try to go to any https site from the tablet I get the error I quoted (it is shown in the logs of mitmweb), it seems the certificate is not recognized properly. The non-https sites work ok.

What could that be? Any ideas? Of course the unlocking tool is not working because of this.

I did.
1. As instructed, I adjusted the wifi settings on the tablet to go through the mitmproxy, it seems to work. Mitmproxy settings is running with settings adjusted per instructions. Also unticked "block global".
2. I then downloaded as instructed the android certificate on the tablet by typing mitm.it in the browser.
3. After that if I try to go to any https site from the tablet I get the error I quoted (it is shown in the logs of mitmweb), it seems the certificate is not recognized properly. The non-https sites work ok.

What could that be? Any ideas? Of course the unlocking tool is not working because of this.
If this can help you I sucessfully unlocked my tf201 yesterday using the virtualbox image shared in this thread. I had already used mitmproxy in the past and considered myself in control with my mitmproxy setup but I was not. I lost soooooo many time trying to workaround this.. I suspect I had a problem with the certificate I generated a while ago so here's my suggestion.

If you don't already tried with the virtualbox image, try it, don't be like me! :p

Ice_83

Nov 28, 2010
If this can help you I sucessfully unlocked my tf201 yesterday using the virtualbox image shared in this thread. I had already used mitmproxy in the past and considered myself in control with my mitmproxy setup but I was not. I lost soooooo many time trying to workaround this.. I suspect I had a problem with the certificate I generated a while ago so here's my suggestion.

If you don't already tried with the virtualbox image, try it, don't be like me! :p
Hi. Thank you. I did try the VB, it has issues with my LAN, so it doesn't work Out of the (V) box lol. I didn't try troubleshoot like change lan drivers etc, don't deal with Linux normally. Thought windows mitmproxy might be easier as the guide said one can use either. But thanks!!

Hi. Thank you. I did try the VB, it has issues with my LAN, so it doesn't work Out of the (V) box lol. I didn't try troubleshoot like change lan drivers etc, don't deal with Linux normally. Thought windows mitmproxy might be easier as the guide said one can use either. But thanks!!
If I recall I had to change/update the nic settings on the vm if this can help. Good luck!!

Reactions: Ice_83

Stealth75

Feb 22, 2021

Thanks!!
Hi @maisomenos , have you had any luck with this yet? I'm getting the same error. :(
Thanks
Stealth

maisomenos

Jan 20, 2021
@Stealth75 @Ice_83

Just for you to know I didn't come up the full procedure, I just tried to unlock my device and gathered info through the whole thread. After some troubleshooting I succeeded and decided to post a summary of how I managed to do it. Most of the info come from this thread, a few things I managed by myself.

I think the whole point of all this steps (and someone correct me if i'm wrong), is that to unlock the device you need the app to "asks" permission to asus servers. The problem is that since the device is old, the security protocols for the network are not up to date (while the servers protocols are up to date), and without any sort of external solution you won't be able to contact the severs.
That seems exactly the problem that you are having: "version is too low".

Unfortunately mitmproxy alone is not enough,. First time I tried to unlock I didn't care about rooting and changing the DMClient, I thought it was unnecessary, but it didn't work. When I tried the whole thing It worked.

That said, sorry if I sound redundant but I will ask you again: Did you follow the whole procedure? https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/howto-unlock-tf700t-in-2020.4157143/post-85255809 . Did you download the right DMClient for your device? What device are you trying to unlock?

If you need I can make a zip with the apks that I used: KingoRoot, DMClient, Unlocker_app, EsExplorer.

Keep in mind that I tested with the TF201. I beleive is the same for the others but I didn't test them by myself. Maybe is something related to your device...

I would love to help you but I'm not sure I am capable of helping any further.

I beleive @Beeble1983 managed to unlock following my comment. Did you find any difficulty or something was not clear? Did you have to find some workaround in addition to what I wrote? I am trying to gather as much infos as possible to help.

Last edited:

Ice_83

Nov 28, 2010
@Stealth75 @Ice_83

Just for you to know I didn't come up the full procedure, I just tried to unlock my device and gathered info through the whole thread. After some troubleshooting I succeeded and decided to post a summary of how I managed to do it. Most of the info come from this thread, a few things I managed by myself.
Yes, i followed exactly the procedure you summarized. All steps worked smoothly till i had this issue on the step 5 with mitmweb. I am not able to open any httpS websites from the tablet (and yes, i also have TF201). I can open http sites ok. I think there is some issue in the mitmweb set up since the certificate seems to be fresh.

I tried to use the VB with Ubuntu and mitmweb but it didnt recognize my LAN, so i may need to try some things there or try to use another PC. I thought someone can recommend the fix as Im not an expert user and the solution could be trivial for a knowing person. But i did try to follow the instructions precisely.

Thank you for your work by the way summarizing your success, please dont take me wrong, i appreciate this and your help. If you cant help further, thats totally fine. the worst which can happen is that old tablet of mine will go to garbage which would be a pity but fine. It is amazing how perfectly fine hardware becomes trash after a few years as it depends on the standards of everything else around it! :)

maisomenos

Jan 20, 2021
Thank you for your work by the way summarizing your success, please dont take me wrong, i appreciate this and your help.
Dont worry. I know what you mean.

I was just trying to say that my help might be limited😅 but I am still going to try. I guess that's how this community works :)

I tried to use the VB with Ubuntu and mitmweb but it didnt recognize my LAN, so i may need to try some things there or try to use another PC. I thought someone can recommend the fix as Im not an expert user and the solution could be trivial for a knowing person. But i did try to follow the instructions precisely.
Since the error is about the certificates, I am not sure that the problem is with the PC or VB, but you can give it a try with a different PC.
To me it looks like a problem with the mitmproxy certificate on the tablet. I remember I had some troubles installing it. I don't have the tablet with me right now so I can't verify. Tonight I will try to uninstall and install the certificate on the tablet and try again.
For the moment I tried with my phone (its a new redmi) just to make mitmproxy work, and I notice that clicking on the "install certificates" on mitm.it wasn't enough, even if the phone said "certificate installed". I had to manually install the .cer file from settings.

I will let you know if I have news.

maisomenos

Jan 20, 2021
@Ice_83 I am doing some more digging regarding the TLS handshake based on the error message that you posted. I am going to quote from a website:

During the course of a TLS handshake, the client and server together will do the following:
  • Specify which version of TLS (TLS 1.0, 1.2, 1.3, etc.) they will use
The 'client hello' message: The client initiates the handshake by sending a "hello" message to the server. The message will include which TLS version the client supports, the cipher suites supported, and a string of random bytes known as the "client random."

The client in this case is the tablet and the server asus.com.
That means that the version of TLS installed in the tablet must match the one supported from the site

I found this site that tells you which version of TLS a specified sever uses. https://www.cdn77.com/tls-test/result?domain=https://www.asus.com/ . As you can see asus.com accept connection from TLS 1.2

I then checked in which version of android TLS 1.2 was introduced and I found it came with android 4.1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history#Android_4.1_Jelly_Bean

Fortunately the latest firmware update for the TF201 is V10.4.2.18 and is based on android 4.1

Is it possible that your tablet is not updated to the latest available firmware?

Ice_83

Nov 28, 2010
@Ice_83 ..............................

Fortunately the latest firmware update for the TF201 is V10.4.2.18 and is based on android 4.1

Is it possible that your tablet is not updated to the latest available firmware?

I DID IT!!!

What i did was:
1. used the VB image. Not sure if it is critical but it did have different options in settings. It didnt allow https files anyway though.
2. start mitmweb with the command "mitmweb --ssl-insecure"
now the https:// sites would be accessible from the tablet, the logs would show an error
"Certificate verification error for None: self signed certificate (errno: 18, depth: 0)" but the connection would still proceed, i guess this is not secure. :)
3. I verified all the files and steps and I noticed that the rights on the unlock app v.7 in system/apps were different to the instructions. When i changed them the app stopped installing after restart... I looked through ealier messages in this forum and someone had this issue already. It might happen if the apps were already installed. I (as he) did factory reset and repeated all the steps again clean and it worked.

I hope this might help someone. @Stealth75 FYI

@maisomenos , thanks!!!! Step 3 in the instructions https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...me-tf201-stock-to-android-7-1-nougat.3486237/ done, 7 more to go lol :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can confim that unlock works with mitmproxy on My tf701t and to unlock a p1801 i used THE tf701t unlock Tool but swaped out THE DMClient with THE me301t One.

Thanks
    UPDATE: Asus has updated the servers. Older protocols for HTTPS, which are required for older Android versions, are no longer supported. Unfortunately, some additional steps are needed for the unlock now. See this post for step by step instructions.

I recently got my hands on a Asus TF700T with a locked boot loader. The official unlock app did not work, so I took a closer look. What I found is that the Asus servers are still up and running, but connection fails due to certificate pinning. And that can be dealt with ;)

So here are the instructions:
    1. The device must be rooted. KingoRoot (the app) worked for me.

2. Download the unlock bundle from the link below. I didn't find a way to directly attach files here.

3. Copy both apks to /system/app, change the permission to 0644
      For this, a remount of the system partition may be needed:
      mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system

DMClient.apk replaces the original DMClient.apk and DMClient.odex (i.e. you have to rename/move/delete the .odex file)
      The modified unlock app cannot be installed like any other and must be installed that way

4. Reboot the device. On startup Android shows that one app is optimized (that's DMClient). The unlock app is now installed.

5. Use the unlock app. Google account does not matter.

Watch logcat to get some more information on what the unlock app does. On success the device immediately reboots, so redirect adb logcat to a file if you want to keep the log.

I only tested on a TF700T with WW SKU, V10.6.1.14.10. I assume that other firmware versions work as well.
    The unlock app for TF700T also supports TF201, TF300T, TF300TG, and TF300TL, but a modified DMClient is needed.

In case something goes wrong and your device gets stuck at the boot screen, this advice may be helpful:

(thanks @DieAbrissbirne)

Download links

Unlock app
    and DMClient for TF700T
    https://leo.pfweb.eu/dl/OaKdx
    • WW_epad-10.6.1.14.10
    • JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801

DMClient for TF300T
    https://leo.pfweb.eu/dl/vUHnp

DMClient for TF300TG
    https://leo.pfweb.eu/dl/xphHy

DMClient for TF201
    https://leo.pfweb.eu/dl/pKvEA
    • WW_epad_10.4.2.17

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlock app and DMClient for TF701T
    https://leo.pfweb.eu/dl/2AcpB

DMClient for ME301T (also seems to work for ME302KL)
    https://leo.pfweb.eu/dl/uiJPN
    Hello everyone!
    On our local forum, we came up with this option.
    I think you already know how to install the unlocker and how to prepare the tablet.
    I prepared an image for VirtualBox with Ubuntu and mitmproxy installed and configured.
    Install VirtualBox, download the image (size 3.88 GB) and import it into VB:
    vb_Screenshot_10.png

vb_Screenshot_11.png

vb_Screenshot_12.png

vb_Screenshot_13.png
    Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

We write down the IP address from the last screen, you will have your own. This will be the IP address of your proxy server.
    Open a terminal and enter the mitmweb command, press enter:
    Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Firefox will open and try to load the web terminal without success. Close your browser.
    Open again and go to 127.0.0.1:8081:
    Screenshot_7.png

The web terminal will open. Here we go to the Options tab, check the Display Event Log checkbox and click on Edit Options
    Screenshot_8.png

In the window that opens, put the checkboxes on showhost and ssl_insecure. Close the options window.
    Screenshot_9.png

Open any site in the browser - in the terminal you will see the logs.
    1. Set the pin code in advance to access the tablet Security -> Screen lock -> PIN
    2. Go to the WiFi settings, clamp your network, select Change network.
    3. In advanced settings Proxy server -> Manual.
    4. Hostname - your recorded IP address of the virtual machine, port 8080.
    5. Save.
    6. Open the browser on the tablet, go to mitm.it, download the certificate for Android.
    7. After downloading, a window for entering a pin code will open, followed by a certificate installation wizard. Enter the name of the certificate, for example mitmproxy and click OK.
    8. After installing the certificate, open any site in a browser on the tablet, you will see the connection of your device in the logs of the web terminal.
    9. Launch the unblocker and try it.
    P.S. The time is set to GMT on the proxy server, you may need to set it to local.
    Superuser login: mitm
    Password: mitmvb

UPD:
    It turned out that this image does not start on all systems due to Ubuntu version 20. In order for everyone to have this working, version 16 is needed. I will reload the image today with Ubuntu 16.
    Hey!
    I unlocked my Me302kl today via mitmproxy with standard settings. Later I will write how I did it.
    P.S. Sorry for my English :giggle:
    Oh boy.. Can't wait to see where I ****ed up in my tests... Thanks! Don't forget us :p
    My story.
    I installed mitmproxy on Windows 10, tried it via WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux), but it didn't work for me. In the terminal, I see that there is a connection and exchange, but in the tablet logs I see the answer 502.

But when connecting via mitmproxy, the unlocker began to respond for a long time, from which I concluded that I was moving in the right direction.

In the end, I took a very old laptop and installed the latest Ubuntu and mitmproxy on it. I installed the certificate into the system and made a proxy server out of the laptop.

The tablet was reset to factory settings. Google account did not connect after reboot. I got a root with KingoRoot. The first time did not work, the tablet rebooted, but the rights did not appear. The second time everything went well.

I used the unblocker that I attached to the post. The original DMClient has been renamed. I have set permission 0644 for copied files. I prepared a certificate for Android according to this instruction. I copied it to /system/etc/security of the tablet, set the rights to 0644 (in our case, the user certificate does not suit us, we need a system one). I turned on the proxy in the WiFi settings of the tablet, specifying the IP address of the laptop and port 8080. I rebooted the tablet.

I used mitmweb on a proxy server, it seemed more convenient to me. In the settings, I enabled the showhost and ssl_insecure options (sorry, in the previous post I said that the settings were by default, I was mistaken due to insomnia ☺️)

I launched the unlocker and everything worked right away.

If anyone needs details on preparing a proxy server, I am ready to describe my experience.
    As far as I remember, mitmproxy (mitmweb) worked in transparent mode with default settings back then when I tested the unlock for my device. I simply created a wifi hotspot and routed all traffic through mitmproxy.

I prepared a certificate for Android according to this instruction. I copied it to /system/etc/security of the tablet, set the rights to 0644 (in our case, the user certificate does not suit us, we need a system one). I turned on the proxy in the WiFi settings of the tablet, specifying the IP address of the laptop and port 8080. I rebooted the tablet.

I used mitmweb on a proxy server, it seemed more convenient to me. In the settings, I enabled the showhost and ssl_insecure options (sorry, in the previous post I said that the settings were by default, I was mistaken due to insomnia ☺️)

Oh yes. Certificate pinning is disabled, but the certificate itself is still checked. I forgot that I indeed had to add the MITM certificate to the system certificates.

If I read (and reconstruct) my notes correctly, this is what I did (Linux):

1. Install mitmproxy in venv
    Bash:
    python3 -m venv mitmproxy
    source mitmproxy-env/bin/activate

pip install --upgrade pip setuptools
    pip install mitmproxy

2. Start WIFI-Hotspot
    Bash:
    nmcli dev wifi hotspot ifname wlan0 ssid test password "12345678"

3. Configure iptables for wlan0
    Bash:
    sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
    sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding=1
    sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.send_redirects=0

iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o wlan0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A FORWARD -i wlan0 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wlan0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wlan0 -p tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080
    ip6tables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wlan0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080
    ip6tables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wlan0 -p tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080
    See https://docs.mitmproxy.org/stable/howto-transparent/

4. Start mitmproxy
    Bash:
    mitmweb --mode transparent

This procedure does not require setting the proxy on the tablet. At the time, I did not change any mitmproxy settings. The changes to the server now probably require ssl_insecure as mentioned by @GloGlorius .