HOX no OS

Search This thread

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore
After unlocking my bootloader, I decided to flash ViperX and my phone got stuck in the white screen stating "HTC quietly Brilliant". I tried pressing the power button for a few seconds and it would go back to the same screen. I can only boot into Hboot and Fastboot USB. I tried botting into CWM recovery and realized that it it's gone. I've also tried using ADB but no use as it can't detect my device. Any help would be appreciated as I dont want to send the phone to HTC at the moment.

anks257

Sep 16, 2012
Thane
After unlocking my bootloader, I decided to flash ViperX and my phone got stuck in the white screen stating "HTC quietly Brilliant". I tried pressing the power button for a few seconds and it would go back to the same screen. I can only boot into Hboot and Fastboot USB. I tried botting into CWM recovery and realized that it it's gone. I've also tried using ADB but no use as it can't detect my device. Any help would be appreciated as I dont want to send the phone to HTC at the moment.

Boot into fastboot and type 'fastboot erase cache'.
Then boot into recovery (should work this time).

If it still doesnt work, then flash CWM again.

Last edited:

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore
Boot into fastboot and type 'fastboot erase cache'.
Then boot into recovery (should work this time).

If it still doesnt work, then flash CWM again.

Tried using fastboot erase cache but than it said something like waiting for device. I've tried pushing in CWM and TWRP and it was stated successful but when i tried to reboot into recovery, it goes back to the same htc quietly brilliant screen

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
Install CWM 5.8.4.0 with fastboot.

Mount SD card as USB from CWM. Flash the ROM, and also, flash the boot.img for the ROM.

elsworth1983

Mar 16, 2011
Lancaster,UK
Just thought I'd share this what I copied from a good source what helped me when I started flashing my hox but I use Linux so I don't have a clue about any window issues

.) Open the .zip file and copy 'boot.img' to your fastboot folder. Or the folder you use

.) Turn off your phone and enter the bootloader (Hold the Volume Down and Power Keys while off).

) Select 'Fastboot' by pushing the Power Key.

.) Plug your phone into your computer using a USB cable.

.)Now go to your computer and open a command window inside the fastboot folder (Hold SHIFT + Right Click on any white-space).

.) Type 'fastboot devices.'

) Type 'fastboot erase cache' and push enter. This can fix problems with bootloops or bootfailures.

.) Type 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' and push enter. It should say 'OKAY' if successful.

.) On your phone, select 'HBOOT' using the Power Key and scroll down to 'Recovery' using the Volume Down Key. Push to Power Key again to select it.

Once in recovery you can navigate by tapping the screen or by using the Power and Volume Up/Down Keys.

.) Select 'wipe data/factory reset' and accept the warning screen.

) Now select 'advanced' and select 'wipe dalvik cache.'

) Select 'mounts and storage' and then 'mount USB storage.'

.) Copy the .zip file you downloaded (Don't unzip it!) onto the SD card of your phone.

.) Unmount USB Storage on your phone and navigate back to the Recovery Homescreen.

.) Now select 'install zip from sdcard' followed by 'choose zip from sdcard.'

.) Select the .zip file and let it install.

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app