HP 610c/612c/614c Wm6.1 5.2.20273

Search This thread

Zoltair Wright

Feb 18, 2006
Nashville, USA
EDIT: sorry about the wait! i've uploaded the new ROM here.

also available here. it's based on the newest HP OEM ROM, 1.01.04.

if you download from the original forum, you need to register first. password is pdaclan.com. i'd upload the file myself, but i'm at an internet cafe and have to go, sorry!

Last edited:

Zoltair Wright

Feb 18, 2006
Nashville, USA
to flash this ROM:

1) unrar the file flash.dio using pw "pdaclan.com"
2) copy the file to an micro sd card formatted to FAT 16. do NOT use an SDHC card, the bootloader can't read it!
3) insert the card into your 610/612/614. while it's still off, hold down the voice record (left side) and mute (top) buttons
4) still holding the buttons, hit the power button. hold them until you see the bootloader start up
5) sit back and relax! i'd recommend that you don't touch anything until it's totally finished and the screen comes up telling you to calibrate the touchscreen. enjoy windows mobile 6.1!

as usual, you use this at your own risk. don't come crying to me if you brick your phone. for the record, i've flashed this and it's working fine so far.

Last edited:

saxxon

Jul 29, 2007
i wouldnt mind to test it if i would be able to login to that funny chineese website.
asks for some code.

ok managed to login....

look like it has chineese programs on it. nor really useful

Last edited:

mlst1

Feb 23, 2006
Austria
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
it HAS chines progs on it and is a mixture of the newest Samsung I908 WM 6.1 ported for the ipaq 61x in english with chinese parts in it.....not so usefull yet.
Installed it for testing - absolutely stable and FAST!

jacket1982

Sep 3, 2008
I have checked the link given by Zoltair
It is actually "HP612_WM6.1_OS 5.2.20273 EN ROM"
I wonder it has driver and software for camera. I think the difference of 612/614 and 612c/614c is the camera, isn't it ?

BTW the pw is "PDAclan.com" not "pdaclan.com"

dylas

Nov 23, 2005
to flash this ROM:

2) copy the file to an micro sd card formatted to FAT 16. do NOT use an SDHC card, the bootloader can't read it!
3) insert the card into your 610/612/614. while it's still off, hold down the voice record (left side) and mute (top) buttons
4) still holding the buttons, hit the power button. hold them until you see the bootloader start up
5) sit back and relax! i'd recommend that you don't touch anything until it's totally finished and the screen comes up telling you to calibrate the touchscreen. enjoy windows mobile 6.1!

as usual, you use this at your own risk. don't come crying to me if you brick your phone. for the record, i've flashed this and it's working fine so far.

anyone knows if the smart navigation wheel still works after flashing to this rom ?

Grga001

Jan 9, 2008

if you download from the original forum, you need to register first. password is pdaclan.com. i'd upload the file myself, but i'm at an internet cafe and have to go, sorry!

Can you post other new roms from this site.
http://pdaclan.com/thread-18056-1-1.html for example
Im not good with babelfish.

Currently using Yveg001s rom http://forum.israpda.com/viewtopic.php?p=63406#p63406 big diffrence in speed and battery life from old stock version of wm6.0
Also flashed radio with rom from HP site that is become unavailable at this time. (whole system flash with "official" HP update WM6 an then with 20270.1.3.1)

Zoltair Wright

Feb 18, 2006
Nashville, USA
@Grga001: Do you want links to the English ROMs or all of them? The one you linked to is in Chinese. It's the newest, but the English version for 20737 isn't out yet.

Last edited:

analyzer.x

Jul 19, 2008
Hi,

I really think a clean web page that translated in English should be created for all the roms developed by the israpda.com or pdaclan guys. but that's just my opinion.

Even if its not translated it would be easier to translate a page as oppose to a forum.

It would be nice to understand which is the latest rom and which one is better or what the differences are between the one from PDAclan.com and israpda.com

Thanks

Zoltair Wright

Feb 18, 2006
Nashville, USA
Okay, I'm going to get started downloading all the ROMs from PDAclan. I'll post the translations and rapidshare links in a seperate thread when I get back home and can upload files a little faster. I can do the Chinese part but I don't speak Russian. Any Russian speakers willing to do the same for israpda?

analyzer.x

Jul 19, 2008
Okay, I'm going to get started downloading all the ROMs from PDAclan. I'll post the translations and rapidshare links in a seperate thread when I get back home and can upload files a little faster. I can do the Chinese part but I don't speak Russian. Any Russian speakers willing to do the same for israpda?

Thank you so much for your help with this.

cristi_ninca

Jul 4, 2008
Can you post other new roms from this site.
http://pdaclan.com/thread-18056-1-1.html for example
Im not good with babelfish.

Currently using Yveg001s rom http://forum.israpda.com/viewtopic.php?p=63406#p63406 big diffrence in speed and battery life from old stock version of wm6.0
Also flashed radio with rom from HP site that is become unavailable at this time. (whole system flash with "official" HP update WM6 an then with 20270.1.3.1)

Hi Grga001,

Can you post a link where I can download the Yveg001's release? I tried looking arround that forum but couldn't find any.

Thanks

jpmatrix972

Oct 26, 2008
matrixmen.free.fr

can you explain the difference between this 20270-20273 and the one found here which has a bigger version number (20757):
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=446243

(i have to admit that i m a little lost with all these versionings ;)

benng02

Feb 12, 2008
I found the program GPS QK Position cannot be worked in this ROM. it said the download is sucessfully but it keeps the status said the GPS data file is expried. Any idea of it?

analyzer.x

Jul 19, 2008
can you explain the difference between this 20270-20273 and the one found here which has a bigger version number (20757):
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=446243

(i have to admit that i m a little lost with all these versionings ;)

yes same here I am a bit confused between the 20270 and the OS 5.2.20757 (Build 20757.1.4.0) Ver 1.5 which I cannot longer find on forum.israpda.com !

1- could you also please tell me where you got the 20273 you mentioned from?

I downloaded 20270 from

http://translate.google.com/transla...k=t&sd=a&sid=47c44ebcfa24db968d8c81d874f177c8

2- Is this the absolute latest?

Thanks

Last edited:

emiliano73

Mar 12, 2008
to flash this ROM:

I can not open the compressed file is corrupt
can be downloaded from another party?