HP iPAQ 4700 WM6.1 (kozhura Ediion)

Search This thread

rst789

Oct 26, 2008
Hello dpdurst,

Thank you a lot again.

Your HP4700 has 256 megs, RAM or ROM?

My HP4700 has standard 64megs ram and 128meg rom.

When I look at the roms form your web page, I see among others:

algasystems_6.1.zip
With its 130+ it is obviously not suitable for my HP

ceos_new_alkor_b3 - - Alkor beta 3 edition using HP 211 build and drivers - seems pretty stable
It has also 130+ it is obviously not suitable for my HP

pdav61kbd - by Sanjay.rar

rom_v2.61.24_hp4700_b19581 - by PhamQuang

ceos_wm6.1_r5_kozhura_edition_mod_ramsses_v1a_.zip
This one has 50+ and should be suitable

So, only the last one with 50+ (ceos_wm6.1_r5_kozhura_edition_mod_ramsses) would run in my standard HP 4700. Is that right?

It is striking to note that the compressed files are all nearly the same size. It seems that the 130+ are more compressed than the 50+.

I would appreciate if you can clarify this point.

Does anybody have an idea?

dpdurst

Hello dpdurst,

Thank you a lot again.

Your HP4700 has 256 megs, RAM or ROM?

My HP4700 has standard 64megs ram and 128meg rom.

When I look at the roms form your web page, I see among others:

algasystems_6.1.zip
With its 130+ it is obviously not suitable for my HP

ceos_new_alkor_b3 - - Alkor beta 3 edition using HP 211 build and drivers - seems pretty stable

pdav61kbd - by Sanjay.rar

rom_v2.61.24_hp4700_b19581 - by PhamQuang

This one has 50+ and should be suitable

So, only the last one with 50+ (ceos_wm6.1_r5_kozhura_edition_mod_ramsses) would run in my standard HP 4700. Is that right?

It is striking to note that the compressed files are all nearly the same size. It seems that the 130+ are more compressed than the 50+.

I would appreciate if you can clarify this point.

Again, my 4700 has 128 megs ram and 128 megs rom. The Rom that is 130+ megs appears to work in the 128 meg ram 4700 only from what I understand.

I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers from there, however I can assure you that all the roms on MY page are only 38megs at the most. There are NO 130+ meg roms on my page.

As for the difference in the roms you mentioned, I explained in a previous reply, those are roms created by lets say Kozhura or Alkor and then modded by another user. They have more tweaks, cleaned up registry etc. All the ROMS on my page I have personally tested and they loaded fine on my PPC. thus the reason I am hosting those roms.

Last edited:

dpdurst

finally, after 27 resets ..... i've discovered that in the first second after pluging in the power pressing CONTACTS + INBOX + RESET i have first reponse fm ppc "to perform a clean reset which will clear all data in memory" asking me to press calender to confirm. victory (at least i thought)............ but it goes into the "clearing data, please wait" for more than 3 hrs - i've repeated the procedure over and over (even pulling the battery off for 15 mins or more) always leading me to non responsive "clearing data, please wait" .........

the comb of CONTACTS + INBOX + RESET works only inthe first second after pulling the power cord fm dc adapter. - if i press later its not working

i have tried to choose canceling the request choosing ITASK it went into another nonresponsive "keep all data in memory"

any further ideea ..........

please.........:(

Your PPC has a problem its not the software. I'm out of ideas.

rst789

Oct 26, 2008
Again, my 4700 has 128 megs ram and 128 megs rom. The Rom that is 130+ megs appears to work in the 128 meg ram 4700 only from what I understand.

I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers from there, however I can assure you that all the roms on MY page are only 38megs at the most. There are NO 130+ meg roms on my page.

As for the difference in the roms you mentioned, I explained in a previous reply, those are roms created by lets say Kozhura or Alkor and then modded by another user. They have more tweaks, cleaned up registry etc. All the ROMS on my page I have personally tested and they loaded fine on my PPC. thus the reason I am hosting those roms.

Thank you, dpdurst.
I got the file sizes by unpacking those compressed files. Most of them are 130+ after uncompressing.

Only the
has 50+

I find this a littel bit confusing. If you unpack for exxample
"ceos_new_alkor_b3 - - Alkor beta 3 edition using HP 211 build and drivers" than you see, that it has 133.958.183 Bytes
It is from your site. Try it and unpack the files from your site.

dpdurst

Thank you, dpdurst.
I got the file sizes by unpacking those compressed files. Most of them are 130+ after uncompressing.

Only the
has 50+

I find this a littel bit confusing. If you unpack for exxample
"ceos_new_alkor_b3 - - Alkor beta 3 edition using HP 211 build and drivers" than you see, that it has 133.958.183 Bytes
It is from your site. Try it and unpack the files from your site.

This was the only file that had an issue and its been removed - CEOS_WM6.1(kozhura_Edition)_R5

The other files should fine, they have been loaded on mine with no issue.
I am thinking of the hx2000 series roms, been working with those alot and they are only about 38 megs.

Last edited:

Hackashaq

Dec 17, 2007
I would like to get my hands on this http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/48015/FIX_CONNECT_BT_GPRS.cab to pull apart and examine. Unfortunately, I do not have a 4pda.ru account and I am unable to register as a new user on the site. My problem with the registration appears to be an issue with the Accept-Language encoding within my browser, however I am unsure... every time I try to copy and paste russian character set matching the captchya the HTTP post request doesn't match?

Anyhow, I would be sincerely greatful if someone could shed some more light on this issue or better yet, provide a mirror on rapidshare or something. Maybe another person could post the FIX_CONNECT_BT_GPRS.cab file to this thread?

Thanks in advance!

Hopefully this attaches OK.

Attachments

• FIX_CONNECT_BT_GPRS.cab
    19 KB · Views: 76

Hackashaq

Dec 17, 2007
I tested the Alkor with bluetooth activesync, could not make it work. I tried a few others and same issue.

I appreciate you taking the time to confirm this. It looks like I stay with Sanjay's SL61V3 ROM. It may not be the fastest but it seems to be the most stable with all functions working.

It looks like Alkor may be preparing a new ROM now, I'll check that out when it's available.

dpdurst

I appreciate you taking the time to confirm this. It looks like I stay with Sanjay's SL61V3 ROM. It may not be the fastest but it seems to be the most stable with all functions working.

It looks like Alkor may be preparing a new ROM now, I'll check that out when it's available.

Your welcome, you may want to check out the PhamQuanq build on my site, it appears to be a newer 6.1 and it seems that its pretty stable and everything works on it.

haagie

Nov 10, 2008
hi all,

i am new here.

and i got a question.

My dad bought yesterdag a hp4700.

I installed tomtom 7 for him and i getted a bleuthoot error when i want to start bleuthoot for tomtom.

Does some one know how i can fix this?

( after i have installed wm 5 and then i have no problems with tomtom ( tomtom is on sdcard full installed ) but then we always have to search for the tomtom file to start it.

- i reinstalled tomtom and the problem came back....

this topic is to big to search al pages.

so if someone can PM/react me a sollution or something.

thank you!

michiel

dpdurst

hi all,

i am new here.

and i got a question.

My dad bought yesterdag a hp4700.

I installed tomtom 7 for him and i getted a bleuthoot error when i want to start bleuthoot for tomtom.

Does some one know how i can fix this?

( after i have installed wm 5 and then i have no problems with tomtom ( tomtom is on sdcard full installed ) but then we always have to search for the tomtom file to start it.

- i reinstalled tomtom and the problem came back....

this topic is to big to search al pages.

so if someone can PM/react me a sollution or something.

thank you!

michiel

Search on TOMTOM in this thread came up with this for every answer, try it.

Yes you install Tomtom and tomtom install outdated version of bluetooth driver. remove these 2 file BtCoreIf.dll et BtSdkCE30.dll in /Windows (rename, reset, delete)

###a

Nov 12, 2008
Hi,

it seems that Alkor B2 Ramsses Kozhura v1g writes wrong values
to extended third party batteries which should not happen with WM6.1
(See #656 in HX4700 WM6.1 ROMs).
Any ideas?

Thanks

###a

Nov 12, 2008
Are you able to use Wifi with Alkor release candidate. While
connecting it loses the wlan (it should no be available anymore)

Thanks

###a

Nov 12, 2008
So there seems to be an issue with WPA, because the problem occurs while establishing
a WPA connection.

###a

Nov 12, 2008
#886 from Thread HX4700 WM6.1 ROMs is a solution (wzcsvc.zip), not perfect but working.

clifordunique

Nov 11, 2006
How to solve your problem

Hi
I have got a problem with my HP 4700, it works absoutely fine. But if i do not use it for long time. then next day, it looks dead and nothing happens at all, until i perform a "soft reset", then it starts working fine. And it works fine afterwards as well, its only when i do not use it for long, i have to soft reset, can someone please help me what the problem is?

Thanks

You will have to do a hard reset:D. Had reset will remove all data stored in you ppc and this will work well.

Julian_Satran

Sep 18, 2007
Alkor RC - doesn't have Media Player

I just installed Alkor RC - seems pretty stable and swift. Doesn't have WM. Is there a version available somewhere for download (I used to have WM10)?

TIA