• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HP Touchpad CM7 Alpha][Guide] Android Market

Search This thread

dsaem

Dec 9, 2008
Socorro, New Mexico
There is an update out that will fix the market as well as getting facebook. Thanks to joshts0 to bring it to my attention.

New:

"Anyone fix the many apps hidden in the market? Do we just need to modify the build.prop? What should we identify as.... guess I could just try some...

edit: Maybe if I were to look it up I would have found the answer, durr. But also, I just happened to refresh this morning, and I see 9 minutes ago there was a fix. http://code.google.com/p/cmtouchpad/issues/detail?id=65 . Is it okay to quote from there?
TS can you update the OP?
---
Fixed: Get update here: http://www.multiupload.com/5MKAKAKUM6
(tested)
To flash in cwm.
Cheers. "

Old:
For those who do not know how to get the google apps on the Touchpad including the market place Here is what you need to do:

Assuming you already have CM7 installed (I followed "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XDmKGmn4vs" and got the files from the Youtube description) and have it all up and running all happy:

1) Download "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip".

2) Be running android on your Touchpad.

3) Connect the USB to your computer and Touchpad.

4) "Turn on USB storage" on your Touchpad.

5) Copy "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip" to your root directory of your Touchpad.

6) Turn off "USB Storage", hold down the power the button and hit reboot, select recovery.

7) Screen should say "CMW-based Recovery v5.0.2.6. Use the volume buttons to navigate to "install zip from sdcard" (the sdcard is the memory built into the touchpad that is shared between android and webOS, NOT a REAL SD card) and press the home button on the bottom of the screen.

8) Now select "choose zip from sdcard", press home button.

9) Navigate to "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip" and press home.

10)Navigate to "Yes - Install gapps-gb.........zip. Should install.

11)Press power button and select "reboot system now", hit home.

Reboot into android and setup your google account. If the google account setup doesn't come up right try restating your Touchpad and see if it comes up. If nothing try to reinstall gapps again.

Sorry for being long winded but I wanted to make sure that my steps are clear.

Once you get the market place working you can get Netflix and many other app but remember that the CM7 is in Alpha. Most apps are not likely to work but some just might. Try it out.

Attachments

• gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 24,132
Last edited:

Padillla

Sep 29, 2010
Heredia
I am experienced in android from 2 prevoius devices, but this never happened to me before.
Market is there, works perfectly, but once I try to install any app, it keeps Downloading the app forever and ever, I know this is not a CM issue, its Market or google issue, just wanna know if some of you guys have been in the same situation and did you find a solution.

After google I tried:

Deleting the market cache and data.
Reinstalling gapps via CWM.
Moving apps in SD to internal data then deleting .android secure folder
Uninstalling Market from Titaniumbackup and then re installing from it.
deleting cache/ dalvik cache.
Fixing permissions

None of those things worked...

rei165

Mar 7, 2008
Garden Grove
From what I've seen, add "update-" directly in front of gapps, or whatever zip you wanna flash to the touchpad for that matter, works well.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using XDA Premium App

Surfy89

Nov 3, 2010
I don't know what's wrong with your setup guys, but mine went flawlessly. I mean in 10mins I already had android on my tablet, incl CWM recovery + working gapps. Been playing with it for a few hours, had no problems, installed a few themes (honeycomb colors) and tried different launchers, overclocked it..
It's an amazing port, there are some bits and pieces that need to be fixed of course, but other than that i havent had any serious problems.

Just follow the instructions correctly and you should have any problems :)

Reactions: scrizz

vasmi

Jan 9, 2011
I believe we forgot to install moboot, could someone explain how to install after cm7 install thanks

sent from 3d greatness......

Padillla

Sep 29, 2010
Heredia
just put the moboot file, the gapps and CWM zips in the cminstall folder
then run again ACME installer.
It will skip everything already installed and will go directly to your new packages.
Enjoy....

PD: nobody has an idea how to fix the never ending downloading from market...? I cant download anything... so frustrating... :(

Daps

Jun 2, 2006
It will skip everything already installed and will go directly to your new packages.
Enjoy....

PD: nobody has an idea how to fix the never ending downloading from market...? I cant download anything... so frustrating... :(

I had the downloading problem too. At first things were downloading fine. I think made the setting in the Market to ask for a PIN and after that things wouldn't download. It didn't hit me it may be the PIN I rebooted and still no dice, then went into the Market settings and turned my PIN off to download and install things and it downloaded apps. I didn't turn it back on to test because heck didn't want to rock the boat

vasmi

Jan 9, 2011
I can boot cm7 I works great but I cannot go into cwm to install gapps. I just need to know where I move moboot in cm7 to make it install. Sorry for asking so much I just cannot understand how to do it. Thanks

kongming

Feb 16, 2005
Singapore
I can boot cm7 I works great but I cannot go into cwm to install gapps. I just need to know where I move moboot in cm7 to make it install. Sorry for asking so much I just cannot understand how to do it. Thanks

you can do this way, boot to webos, enable disk mode, copy the moboot into cminstall folder. reboot, and you are able to go to cmw and install gapps.

Komodo Rogue

Oct 30, 2010
DC
Everytime I restart and hit recovery it just reboots into cm7 what am I doing wrong thanks

when you reboot hold down the volume up to get into the boot loader. Did you use the same guide I used?

Doing so brings me to the large USB icon used to install CM7, but we need to get to either CWM recovery, or first go back to webOS to add gapps to the cminstall folder and then redo the install of the novaterm cminstall (at which point)

I am having the same issue..

Well just use USB drive in android, and move the files, if you cant boot CM7, you better go to webos doctor and start everything from zero.
http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm
http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/How_To_Recover

When I connect to USB mass storage while running CM7 do I just make a new cminstall folder at the root of android, and then proceed like before? I cannot find the cminstall folder I made for webOS when looking through the files while running Android.

Thanks!

EDIT: Followed nemosomen's instructions, fixed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1302433

Last edited:

gwaki

Oct 6, 2007
Boulder, CO
Enjoy....

All I had to do was reboot the touchpad and the never ending downloading issue was solved. Once you reboot go in search for the app and redownload it, even if it shows it is downloading in the my apps section

joshts0

Oct 25, 2006
Anyone fix the many apps hidden in the market? Do we just need to modify the build.prop? What should we identify as.... guess I could just try some...

edit: Maybe if I were to look it up I would have found the answer, durr. But also, I just happened to refresh this morning, and I see 9 minutes ago there was a fix. http://code.google.com/p/cmtouchpad/issues/detail?id=65 . Is it okay to quote from there?
---
(tested)
To flash in cwm.
Cheers.
---

Last edited:

freakpunker

Jan 6, 2011
Isabela
I have installed it, and it's working. But, when I try to buy an application, this message appears: "The item you were attempting to purchase could not be found". Honestly, I don't know if it's happening because of this fix. Is there someone with the same issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is an update out that will fix the market as well as getting facebook. Thanks to joshts0 to bring it to my attention.

New:

"Anyone fix the many apps hidden in the market? Do we just need to modify the build.prop? What should we identify as.... guess I could just try some...

---
    (tested)
    To flash in cwm.
    Cheers. "

Old:
    For those who do not know how to get the google apps on the Touchpad including the market place Here is what you need to do:

Assuming you already have CM7 installed (I followed "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XDmKGmn4vs" and got the files from the Youtube description) and have it all up and running all happy:

1) Download "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip".

2) Be running android on your Touchpad.

3) Connect the USB to your computer and Touchpad.

4) "Turn on USB storage" on your Touchpad.

5) Copy "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip" to your root directory of your Touchpad.

6) Turn off "USB Storage", hold down the power the button and hit reboot, select recovery.

7) Screen should say "CMW-based Recovery v5.0.2.6. Use the volume buttons to navigate to "install zip from sdcard" (the sdcard is the memory built into the touchpad that is shared between android and webOS, NOT a REAL SD card) and press the home button on the bottom of the screen.

8) Now select "choose zip from sdcard", press home button.

9) Navigate to "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip" and press home.

10)Navigate to "Yes - Install gapps-gb.........zip. Should install.

11)Press power button and select "reboot system now", hit home.

Reboot into android and setup your google account. If the google account setup doesn't come up right try restating your Touchpad and see if it comes up. If nothing try to reinstall gapps again.

Sorry for being long winded but I wanted to make sure that my steps are clear.

Once you get the market place working you can get Netflix and many other app but remember that the CM7 is in Alpha. Most apps are not likely to work but some just might. Try it out.
    Anyone fix the many apps hidden in the market? Do we just need to modify the build.prop? What should we identify as.... guess I could just try some...

---
    (tested)
    To flash in cwm.
    Cheers.
    ---

I don't know what's wrong with your setup guys, but mine went flawlessly. I mean in 10mins I already had android on my tablet, incl CWM recovery + working gapps. Been playing with it for a few hours, had no problems, installed a few themes (honeycomb colors) and tried different launchers, overclocked it..
    It's an amazing port, there are some bits and pieces that need to be fixed of course, but other than that i havent had any serious problems.

Just follow the instructions correctly and you should have any problems :)
    What is the best way to update, trough CW recovery?

Yes. That's what I did
    I need some help:
    I just installed CM7 into touchpad and everything seem okay after followed the guide.

After I flash the gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip in CMW, and reboot system, I am now got stuck in booting cycle during CM7 logo.

I tried reflash the Gapps, same issue (checked the hash, no corruption)
    I tried to reflash the CM7 alpha2, but it immediate quit.
    I tried fixed permission, wipe cache...etc, same issue
    I tried re-run ACMEinstaller again, same issue.

Currently I ran ACMEuninstaller, and rerun ACMEinstaller again.

This time I put all the zip files in CMinstall folder, CMW, the CM7 alpha2, Gapps, Gapps fix, and the Moboot 3.0.3

Now market is working fine now. I still have major issue with "sleep of death" anyone can point me the best solution to aviod this issue?
    finger crossed.