• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HP TOUCHPAD DEBRICK Linux Live CD

Search This thread

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
Windos and Linux can´t recognise any of the two TPs. No reaction, no Qualcomm devices detected. I will try to carefully load the TP by usb bus... got the devices on charger now for days. Nothing changed the state.
You did not mentioned if you tried to do the hard-reset process.
The Tablet must turn on and be place in the WebOS recovery mode or Recovery TWRP to be detected by any PC.

ranjib

Nov 14, 2010
You did not mentioned if you tried to do the hard-reset process.
The Tablet must turn on and be place in the WebOS recovery mode or Recovery TWRP to be detected by any PC.
Off course I did the three button thing as recommended.... will wait a longer time to charche by pc usb port (at low-er current..).

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
Off course I did the three button thing as recommended.... will wait a longer time to charche by pc usb port (at low-er current..).
The Tablet must be charge with the original charger or wireless, it needs the proper amount of energy for a jump start.
After the Tablet boots, then a lower charger can be use, but not at first.
Did you tried the hard reset while connected to the original usb charger? ( all keys press until the home LED comes up )
For the battery to take charge, it must be in a warm environment, a temperature over 85 F.
Also interment charging can wake up the Tablet, can be done easier with the touchstone. Place it on the touchstone stand for about 10 seconds, then remove it, wait 5 seconds then place it back and repeat 10 times. Do the cycle as many times as you can.

ranjib

Nov 14, 2010
Ahh thank you. Again this is what I already thought....to put the charger on a smart wallplug and let google home blink it on and off....

Now there are two of my three faulty Touchpads definitely with broken batteries: there is a spot visible on the screen, caused by a swollen battery.
IMG_20211124_190158.jpg

Last edited:

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
Ahh thank you. Again this is what I already thought....to put the charger on a smart wallplug and let google home blink it on and off....
Every time the plug gets connected to the wall there is an extra burst of electricity that gets to the battery, eventually providing enough charge to wake up.
Now there are two of my three faulty Touchpads definitely with broken batteries: there is a spot visible on the screen, caused by a swollen battery.
I will not suggest to keep charging those Tablets, get a replacement battery:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154110698362?hash=item23e1b6a37a:g:AFkAAOSw0NNgr0SF
Also look at other Tablets for sale:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=hp+touchpad&_sacat=0&_sop=15
If you know your way around you can connect the Tablet permanent to the wall outlet, just like a PC. No need for a battery. The old battery connector is need it, so keep the old battery.

Reactions: ranjib

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
This is exactly what I did. Two new batteries are on the way, a second hand used Touchpad is bought via ebay....I´ll try to exchange the batteries.
Great, now you will open the Tablet and replace the battery.
Do not worry if the plastic/metal clips break or comes off, the screen will close with only a few intact.
Very important:
After installing the new batteries, check the battery health, just because is new does not mean it has 100% capacity.
Also check all the tablets, you will know the true remaining capacity of the batteries.
Look at this post on how to do it:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...prevents-battery-drain.4002265/#post-80993173

Good luck!

ranjib

Nov 14, 2010
Thank you. In the meantime there are good news from here. I managed to get the one with good battery to come back to life after the "pulse" charging method. Left it all the days on a charger cable, now it´s running flawlessly again. Booted afterwards with tptoolbox, flashed a6 firmware, checked all partitions. It now stands on the touchstone, working.

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
Thank you. In the meantime there are good news from here. I managed to get the one with good battery to come back to life after the "pulse" charging method. Left it all the days on a charger cable, now it´s running flawlessly again. Booted afterwards with tptoolbox, flashed a6 firmware, checked all partitions. It now stands on the touchstone, working.
The intermittent or pulse charging always works for me. Both of your tablets are fine and will work as before. Both of them froze with the display on and drained the battery to below the minimum to start taking charge again. Is up to you, but the other tablet will also boot if you do the pulse process, just do it when you are home and keep an eye on it. Thanks for the update and good luck!

Reactions: ranjib

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TP Debrick v005 by jcsullins
    Ubuntu-12.04.5-desktop-i386 Live CD with all the files to properly Debrick 16_GB 32_GB and 64_GB Models.
    No installation need it or internet access, all guarantee to work with just a click!
    Download the LIVE CD file 894MB and boot it on any PC.

Click HERE to Download from Google Drive
    Click HERE to Download from MediaFire
    Click HERE from a Youtube Video
    Do not RUN the LIVE CD from a Virtual Machine, the process will fail.
    The DeBrick process forces the Tablet to connect and disconnect many times from the USB connection.
    Making the Tablet to connect to the host machine and terminating the process with errors.
    Make a bootable LIVE CD using UNetbootin, it only requires a 1GB USB drive.
    Click HERE for UNetbootin Web Site
    Screenshot_01.png

Screenshot_02.png

Screenshot_03.png

Screenshot_04.png

Note: All credit and many thanks goes to jcsullins for all the great work that made it possible for the HP Touchpad to be alive.
    The HP Touchpad is UN_BRICKEABLE !
    Trying my luck to revive my HP TP but no luck so far. Plugged for almost 2 weeks but I push the power button +/- other buttons every few days. Should I just not touch it for weeks?
    Trying my luck to revive my HP TP but no luck so far. Plugged for almost 2 weeks but I push the power button +/- other buttons every few days. Should I just not touch it for weeks?
    How is the Tablet been charge?
    Is it using the original HP charger?
    Is the room temperature around 80 F? ( warm )
    When was the last time it was on?
    Has been 4+ years since it was last on. Was working fine and running Lineage OS then blacked out and never turned on again.

It's winter here so condo isn't that warm. May try again in summer if nothing happens. Still have original charger but use it for my phone since it charges slowly with every other charger.
    The Tablet must be charge with the original charger or equivalent.
    When charging try to keep it warm, wrap it ( dress it up ) with a towel or some fabric.
    If after a week nothing shows up on the screen, then you can try to debrick it and see if there is any communication going on.
    The debrick process does not required the tablet to have any charge and still will update the bootie.
    Thanks for the tips. Will give it a try. Need to learn more about the debrick process. Not sure how it works with a Win 10 computer, if at all.
    The debrick can only be done using Ubuntu 11-12. The live CD posted on here has all the necessary files built into the Live CD that you can burn to a USB drive. Boot the PC with the USB drive and do the debrick process and more, read the first post and there is also a youtube video.