• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HP TOUCHPAD Optimize for All Android ROMs with Swap Partition

Search This thread

yeahman45

Dec 26, 2010
The HP Touchpad only has 1GB of ram of that 952 is usable if the memory allocation to camera is removed from the Kernel that is 12 MB extra free. Google services will slow down the Tablet as it has many background services running. Apps will work extremely fast install without using the google play store. Kodi ( 19 Matrix compiled 2-18-2021 ), works perfectly with no gapps and has a lot of memory available, over 700 MB.
I do not use VPN and I can not provide a solution, but it seems VPN apps does work on 9, I replied to your vpn on the other thread.
Is there a way to remove gms after having already installed it? Guess youtube app won't work ?

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
@HP_TOUCHPAD I currently have my touchpad with UNOFFICIAL 7.1.2 LineageOS 14.1 3.4 KERNEL Invisiblek.
do I have to reinstall everything to optimize the tablet and what is the procedure? is there a risk of crashing in android afterwards?

thanks for the help
If the Tablet has WebOS and Android ( dual boot ) then the only thing to do is flash the HpTp kernel for that ROM:
The WebOS swap partition can be use.
(MaXtreme) fastest
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/zadfhdbskoii1/HpTp_MaXtreme_Kernel
Optimize
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uecjn1dmraxk8/

If the Tablet only has Android and was install using the ToolBox then the swap partition got removed.
The swap partition could be created manually, but there are a lot of steps to take on a Tablet that already has data on it and it could be lost.
The best way is to do a full backup using TWRP and copy the backup files to PC. it is very simple and it can be restore quickly.
Once all the Tablet's data has been backup and files copy to PC, then the Automatic_Wipe_All can be flash.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/caibu8meh2qbd/Automatic_Wipe_All_and_Create_Android_with_Swap
Backup files from PC can be copy to tablet and it will be like before, then flash the optimize HpTp zip file.
No matter what you do, the Tablet will not get brick, there is always a fix if anything goes wrong.
The Tablet can be flash with any version of the listed ROMS, do a backup and then install another ROM.
The most important is knowing how to backup and restore using ( only ) TWRP, no other App.

olivi25

Jan 10, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
If the Tablet has WebOS and Android ( dual boot ) then the only thing to do is flash the HpTp kernel for that ROM:
The WebOS swap partition can be use.
(MaXtreme) fastest
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/zadfhdbskoii1/HpTp_MaXtreme_Kernel
Optimize
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uecjn1dmraxk8/

If the Tablet only has Android and was install using the ToolBox then the swap partition got removed.
The swap partition could be created manually, but there are a lot of steps to take on a Tablet that already has data on it and it could be lost.
The best way is to do a full backup using TWRP and copy the backup files to PC. it is very simple and it can be restore quickly.
Once all the Tablet's data has been backup and files copy to PC, then the Automatic_Wipe_All can be flash.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/caibu8meh2qbd/Automatic_Wipe_All_and_Create_Android_with_Swap
Backup files from PC can be copy to tablet and it will be like before, then flash the optimize HpTp zip file.
No matter what you do, the Tablet will not get brick, there is always a fix if anything goes wrong.
The Tablet can be flash with any version of the listed ROMS, do a backup and then install another ROM.
The most important is knowing how to backup and restore using ( only ) TWRP, no other App.
Hello, Thank you for the feedback, I have WebOS and Android (dual boot). So I have to flash (MaXtreme) fastest and Optimize. one after the other? Under TWRP I think? I have TWRP Recovery 3.1 by Flintman.

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
Hello, Thank you for the feedback,
You are very welcome!
I have WebOS and Android (dual boot).
WebOS has a 400 MB swap partition which Android can also use.
So I have to flash (MaXtreme) fastest and Optimize. one after the other?
You only need to select one and flash only the selected version. ( select the highest CPU your tablet can handle )
All the optimization are incorporated into the Ramdisk and Kernel which is copy into /boot.
Make sure that any optimization App is disable in Android before flashing the HpTp zip file.

Under TWRP I think? I have TWRP Recovery 3.1 by Flintman.
Yes the zip files needs to be flash using TWRP Recovery by @flintman.
Check the /boot partition for free space, if Android does not boot is due to the uImage not been able to be copy entirely.

Also wipe Dalvik /Art Cache and cache after flashing the optimized kernel in TWRP
Wipe --> Advanced Wipe

olivi25

Jan 10, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
You are very welcome!

WebOS has a 400 MB swap partition which Android can also use.

So I have to flash (MaXtreme) fastest and Optimize. one after the other?
You only need to select one and flash only the selected version. ( select the highest CPU your tablet can handle )
All the optimization are incorporated into the Ramdisk and Kernel which is copy into /boot.
Make sure that any optimization App is disable in Android before flashing the HpTp zip file.

Under TWRP I think? I have TWRP Recovery 3.1 by Flintman.
Yes the zip files needs to be flash using TWRP Recovery by @flintman.
Check the /boot partition for free space, if Android does not boot is due to the uImage not been able to be copy entirely.
Also wipe Dalvik /Art Cache and cache after flashing the optimized kernel in TWRP
Wipe --> Advanced Wipe

thank you.
which one is better?
(MaXtreme) fastest or Optimize?
How to know the highest CPU than my tablet can handle?

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
Your Welcome!
which one is better?
(MaXtreme) fastest or Optimize?
How to know the highest CPU than my tablet can handle?
MaXtreme is fastest, making it the fastest CPU on any mobile device at this moment on the Planet. " by the Mhz numbers display "
Not all Tablets were made by the same vendor and offers the same quality. This will determine by how much the CPU can be overclock. For the first RUN, flash the slowest and use it for a day, if all worked then flash the next up. If the tablet freeze or reboot then it can not handle that frequency.
To force reboot a frozen tablet:
Press and hold at the same time:
Power ( volume Key, closer to Home ) and Home button at the same time, until it re-boots.

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017

Pixou31

Sep 25, 2021
Hello.
I need some help.
I have installed Easy Automatic process to Wipe All and Create Android partitions with Swap 1GB and I'm trying to install Dirty Unicorns v13 Android PIE by Flintman with TWRP 3.2.1-0 but all I got is the following error :
"Updater process endend with ERROR : 7".

What could I do wrong ?

Thanks.

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
Hello.
I need some help.
I have installed Easy Automatic process to Wipe All and Create Android partitions with Swap 1GB and I'm trying to install Dirty Unicorns v13 Android PIE by Flintman with TWRP 3.2.1-0 but all I got is the following error :
"Updater process endend with ERROR : 7".

What could I do wrong ?

Thanks.
Error 7 when flashing a ROM could be that there is not enough room in the system partition to completely finish the installation.
My recommendation is to flash the Automatic process to Wipe All one more time to properly partition the internal storage,
It is possible that the process could not completely wipe the device at the first try.
Post back any issues if you get the any errors after the second Automatic Wipe All.
Good luck !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HP Touchpad Universal Optimize Swap Settings for All Android ROMs

MAX 1GB RAM - MAX 1836 Frequency

Click HERE for detail Memory and Frequency information for each ROM
    Click HERE to dual boot all listed Android ROMs and LuneOS
    Click HERE for PowerOFF - Prevents Battery Drain
    Upated: November 12, 2020: Added HP TOUCHPAD DEBRICK Linux Live CD
    Upated: November 12, 2019: Added PowerOFF
    Upated: November 07, 2019: Rom_Reducer to Evervolv, Kitkat by Milaq and LuneOS
    Upated: October 09, 2019: HpTp_MaXtreme (Max Extreme Kernel Settings for All ROMs)
    Upated: October 01, 2019: Added ROM: LineageOS 11 Kitkat by Milaq build October 01, 2019
    Upated: September 28, 2019: All_Files for Lollipop got updated to fix WiFi
    Upated: September 25, 2019: Added ROM LineageOS 14.1, HpTp_MAX_Settings, 1GB Swap
    Upated: September 2, 2019: Fix Evervolv 7.1.2 Frequencies, Created: Universal Authority, Added: Evervolv Pie, Posted: Universal Settings
    Upated: August 24, 2019: HP Touchpad Novacom Repair Android
    Upated: August 2, 2019: New Improved Settings: HpTp_Universal_Optimized_Swap
    Added ROM_Reducer; Removed support for Lineage 11
    Upated: July 12, 2019: Flash ToolBox v42 by jcsullins to /boot
    Upated: July 8, 2019: /System Partition is 2.2 GB:/ Improved Settings to All ROMs

Click HERE to Download ISO File
    Click HERE to Download ISO File
    But to use Android PIE, Oreo and Nougat the Android /system partition must be 1400 MB.
    There are two options to resize the Android /system partition.
    Inside webOS using Tailor:
    Click here for Tailor
    Using the ToolBox:
    Click here to download the ToolBox
    After the Android /system partition have been resize Flash any listed ROM.

Click here to download TWRP Recovery 3.1 by Flintman
    Click here to download TWRP Recovery 3.2 by Flintman

Easy Automatic process to Wipe All and Create Android partitions with Swap 1GB or 500MB

Click Here to Download Automatic_Wipe_All_and_Create_Android_with _Swap, choose 1GB or 500MB
    This file MUST BE FLASH to create the swap partition to be use by the listed ROMs
    A complete Data RESET of all the internal storage.
    All partitions are deleted, is a total fresh start as if the Tablet came from factory with only Android install.
    The Android partitions are created and formatted ready for use:
    /system 2.2 GB ( Allows to install any ROM plus the maximum size of Open Gapps Variant Super )
    /cache 200 MB ( Standard size )
    /media 1GB or 500MB ( USB Media in Android, use it to save the ROM, Gapps and Universal Settings to Flash )
    HpTp_MAX provides more RAM available and Android can use over 750 MB of swap space.
    /swap 1GB or 500MB
    ( It allows Android to store temporally Data from RAM to allocate more Memory for Apps. )
    /data depends on the model 16, 32 or 64 GB ( The free space available for Android Apps and user Data )
    /boot 32 MB ( Is a fixed sized ) Moboot will be created and also TWRP Recovey 3.2.
    The Tablet will boot as always, with Recovery in the Moboot Menu ready to Flash any ROM.
    All_Files (name of the ROM) zip contains everything. Uncompress on PC first then flash the selected frequency.
    2_A Optional -- HpTp_MaXtreme (Max Extreme Kernel for All ROMs)
    Click HERE to Download HpTp_MaXtreme for All ROMs
    If you do not know the maximum CPU speed of your Tablet flash 1674 first to set up.
    All Kernels are the same, the speed is preset to avoid installing any Kernel App in Android.
    Do not install any Apps in Android to make the Tablet work faster, it will be the opposite.
    It will use more RAM and cause reboots, there is nothing to change.
    This is a laptop with a touch screen keyboard not a phone.
    3. Optional -- ROM Reducer Click HERE for ROM Reducer
    4. Flash the Open Gapps according to the ROM version, is best to install Pico and build the system as need it.
    5. Optional -- All listed ROMs have /system Read and Write enabled, Click HERE for Root access using SuperSu v2.82
    6. Optional -- Universal Authority Click HERE for Universal Auhority
    7. Important: Read the section on this guide -- Flash the ToolBox 2015-01-08-v42 by jcsullins into /boot
    Flash the files in the listed order in TWRP all at one time.
    The Tablet will boot into the Welcome setup screen as a brand new Device.

Evervolv v9 Android PIE by Elginsk8r
    1. Click Here to Download the ROM
    2. Click Here to Download HpTp_MAX, select All Files for this ROM
    4. Click Here to download Google Open Apps
    Select Platform ARM, Android 9 and the Variant you want, Pico is recommended
    Click Here for detail information about the Pie ROM

Dirty Unicorns v13 Android PIE by Flintman
    Select Platform ARM, Android 9 and the Variant you want, Pico is recommended
    Click Here for detail information about the Pie ROM

Dirty Unicorns v8.1 Android Oreo by Flintman
    Select Platform ARM, Android 8.1 and the Variant you want, Pico is recommended
    Click Here for detail information about the Oreo ROM
    Select Platform ARM, Android 7.1 and the Variant you want, Pico is recommended
    Click Here for detail information about the Nougat ROM
    Select Platform ARM, Android 7.1 and the Variant you want, Pico is recommended
    Select Platform ARM, Android 5.1 and only Pico
    Click Here for detail information about the Lollipop ROM

Select Platform ARM, Android 4.4 and only Pico
    Click Here for detail information about the Kitkat ROM
    Select Platform ARM, Android 4.4 and only Pico
    Click Here for detail information about the Kitkat ROM
    Do NOT use the ToolBox to Resize or Repair Android Volumes.
    If done it will corrupt all the Volumes ( Partitions ) and a PC with the Novacom driver must be use.
    The ToolBox does not display the /swap partition, it was not created for that purpose.

Only after flashing all files from this guide the /boot partition has just enough space for the ToolBox.
    7. Click Here to download all the files to flash the ToolBox to boot/
    Flash_TPToolBox_v42_to_Boot.zip ( delete any splash *.tga images files and copy ToolBox into /boot )
    Remove_TPToolBox_v42_from_Boot.zip ( delete the ToolBox from /boot )
    If more than one ROM got flash and the ToolBox was not successfully copied to /boot then use this file:
    Clean_Boot_Remove_All_ROM_Files.zip
    It will create a back up of the boot files and clean /boot preserving the basic files, MoBoot and TWRP.
    Then the Flash_TPToolBox_v42_to_Boot.zip can be flash.
    Plus the Universal Optimize Swap Settings for the ROM installed in the Tablet.
    The Universal Optimize Swap Settings copies the boot uImage for the ROM into /boot.
    Keep all the downloaded files in the Micro SD card (USB Media) /external_sd ( it goes by all those names )
    Any of the listed files can be flash any time and a PC is not required to maintain the battery of the Tablet.
    Special Thanks to Jcsullins "The God Father of the HP Touchpad" for all the unique and great software that made it
    possible to transition easily from WebOS to Android.

Click Here for my guide on How to unpack and repack the ToolBox
    The boot partition was created with the basics to get everything working and provide
    enough storage to accommodate:
    TWRP/Recovery 3.2,  each of the listed ROMs from Kitkat to Pie and the ToolBox.
    The size of /boot is 32MB, is a fix size and can not be expanded.
    Boot partition details after Automatic_Wipe_All:

Directories:             size   file name
    bin                     647.5k busybox
    etc                      16.1k  lvm.conf
    lib
    lost+found
    usr                      1.2M   lvm.static

Files:                   size
    android.default.recovery  9 bytes
    uImage                  13 bytes (link to uImage.moboot )
    uImage.moboot           63.8 K
    uImage.Recovery         10.6 M

Total:
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p13     size     used    available Use %
                             32.0M     14.1M     17.9M  44% /boot

A clean /boot has 17.9M of free space

Free Space After Pie ROM
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
                             32.0M     20.8M     11.2M  65% /boot
    The ToolBox is 11.2M

After flashing the ToolBox
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
                             32.0M     31.6M    395.0K  99% /boot
    There is only 395.0k available.

All Developers have done a great job building the ROMs, if the same settings are apply then all performs very similar.
    The hardware does not change and the basic requirements must be apply to all Android version.
    There is nothing to add, but removed all the modules and only use the swap option.
    The following features must be disable and can not be use:
    Disable KSM, Low Memory Killer, CPU Boost, mpdecision

Changes in the Ramdisk:
    The changes can be permanently modified using:
    Click HERE to modify the Ramdisk
    Not Permanent, Inside Android:
    Click HERE to modify inside Android

File in the Ramdisk:fstab.tenderloin
    Code:
    /dev/store/swap                                none              swap    defaults                                              swapprio=0, 0    0

File in the Ramdisk:init.rc
    TCP Buffer increase to 6MB
    Code:
    on boot
    # Define TCP buffer sizes for various networks
    #   ReadMin, ReadInitial, ReadMax, WriteMin, WriteInitial, WriteMax,
        setprop net.tcp.buffersize.default 4194304,5242880,6291456,4194304,5242880,6291456
        setprop net.tcp.buffersize.wifi    4194304,5242880,6291456,4194304,5242880,6291456

# Assign TCP buffer thresholds to be ceiling value of technology maximums
    # Increased technology maximums should be reflected here.
            write /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max  6291456
            write /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max  6291456
    extra_free_kbytes 20480
    Code:
    # system server cannot write to /proc/sys files,
    # and chown/chmod does not work for /proc/sys/ entries.
    # So proxy writes through init.
    on property:sys.sysctl.extra_free_kbytes=*
        write /proc/sys/vm/extra_free_kbytes 20480
        # write /proc/sys/vm/extra_free_kbytes ${sys.sysctl.extra_free_kbytes}

File in the Ramdisk:Init.tenderloin.rc
    Code:
     on fs
        # Enable swap partition
        swapon_all /fstab.tenderloin

on property:sys.boot_completed=1
        # Swap Partition Settings
        write /proc/sys/vm/block_dump 0
        write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_bytes 0
        write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio 10
        write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_bytes 0
        write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs 600
        write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio 20
        write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs 600
        write /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches 3
        # change in ramdisk init.rc  write /proc/sys/vm/extra_free_kbytes 20480
        write /proc/sys/vm/highmem_is_dirtyable 0
        write /proc/sys/vm/laptop_mode 0
        write /proc/sys/vm/legacy_va_layout 0
        # write /proc/sys/vm/lowmem_reserve_ratio 32    32
        write /proc/sys/vm/max_map_count 65530
        write /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes 40960
        write /proc/sys/vm/min_free_order_shift 4
        write /proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr 32768
        write /proc/sys/vm/mmap_rnd_bits 16
        write /proc/sys/vm/nr_pdflush_threads 0
        write /proc/sys/vm/oom_dump_tasks 0
        write /proc/sys/vm/oom_kill_allocating_task 1
        write /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory 1
        write /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_ratio 50
        write /proc/sys/vm/page-cluster 8
        write /proc/sys/vm/panic_on_oom 0
        write /proc/sys/vm/percpu_pagelist_fraction 0
        write /proc/sys/vm/scan_unevictable_pages 0
        write /proc/sys/vm/stat_interval 1
        write /proc/sys/vm/swappiness 100
        write /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure 100

# Increase readahead buffers on MMC devices
        write /sys/block/mmcblk0/bdi/read_ahead_kb 0

# CPU Scaling
        write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq 384000
        write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq 384000
        write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq 1674000
        write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq 1674000

# Configure Performance
        write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor performance
        write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor performance

# Entropy
        write /proc/sys/kernel/random/write_wakeup_threshold 2048
        write /proc/sys/kernel/random/read_wakeup_threshold 1195

# I/O
        write /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/rq_affinity "0"
        write /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler "bfq"

I am not the creator of any ROM, Recovery or App mentioned or used. All credits goes to the developers than have worked and provided the best ROMs there is for our Tablet and there are way too many to mentioned, but everyone know who they are! Thanks a lot to all of YOU (Developers for the HP Touchpad)!
    Special Thanks:
    @flintman for all his work creating TWRP Recovery and the many customs ROMs with the latest PIE.
    @elginsk8r for developing and maintaining Evervolv ROMs, currently PIE.
    * The stock Kernel has been modified to provide more RAM and a higher frequency.
    Hey everyone so i tried both versions now 7.1 and 8.1 with every different skz including the stock ones.
    With the current settings Hearthstone will play on 8.1, updating the files.
    All versions crash when trying to play ff9 or hearthstone. I even underclocked and changed voltages literally every setting possible and nothing stops it from crashing. Having the swap file or not dosnt matter or stock kernel or skz kernel 1.7ghz. Ive underclocked the gpu to stock nothing works to keep either of these builds stable. I really need some help here as it seems only cm11 4.4 nightlies and jcsullivans works fine and does not crash on heavy load.
    I have done all those testing, but none of that are the issue and I just found out about 2 days ago by applying changes to Android 9.
    I actually think it is the 3.4 kernel in general that it causing this as no matter the overclock or settings it crashes. If anyone here has experienced this please lend a helping hand. Thanks everyone for your time.
    For the record, the Kernel is stable and solid and the ROM is not the problem. The issue is how Android is designed to work, as an operating system is the worse ever created and I will explain why.
    In my understanding the Operating System ( OS ) should give the best use of the hardware detected and provided by the Kernel. It should some how manage to accommodate the resources for an App to run. I use Hearthstone to test my settings, if I can play the game successfully then the settings are correct. Android is not designed to take in consideration the amount of RAM available, the system resources been use, the CPU utilization. It does not manage anything, everything is done with manual settings by applying KSM modules low memory killers. Everything is by killing process to make another one run and those settings the user must decide what to enter, is a mess.
    And the worse of all the settings that create lags and Apps not running, is the Dalvik Virtual Machine.
    Android Apps are written in Java and to get around the licensing with Oracle the codes run using the open source Dalvik Virtual Machine. Basically there is a Virtual Machine running the App codes than then uses the RAM to run. The settings for the Dalvik Virtual Machine are manually enter in the build.prop located in the /system partition.
    All settings are specifically enter for each specific Device, according to the screen size and RAM available, is preset from factory.
    By changing the following, the Apps will behave completely different or not work at all. It can have 8 GB or RAM, but if is set to minimum it will work as a low memory Device.
    dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=
    dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=
    If you do a search you will find all kind of settings by users claiming that the settings they have changed work better, but because is specifically to only the Device or amount of free RAM available it does not work for others. In the case of the HP Touchpad, it never came with a default Android and the numbers have been a guessing formula and it changes with every ROM and also the amount of install Apps.
    How does this affect the Apps?
    If after the ROM is install there is 350 MB of free RAM and the dalvik.vm.heapsize= is set to 350, then when the App that required more RAM try to run, the heapsize will grow to 350 MB , but that is the free RAM which is taken and then no actual RAM to be use and it crash or close.
    But if the Dalvik settings are set low then it will barely work, even if there is 8 GB free RAM.
    That is the reason that some Apps does not work for everyone as every user has different Apps installed providing a different amount of free RAM.
    Is very difficult to have the perfect Dalvik settings for a low device as Android process are working in the background and it only takes a 20 MB process to launch for an App to crash or not work at all.
    If Android will automatically detect the amount of RAM entered in the App manifest (settings) and adjust the Dalvik Virtual Machine size and dropped unnecessary process to free RAM then more apps will work on every device, but it does not work that way, all settings are manually enter per device.
    Hopefully I explained the issue correctly and attached are the screenshots taken using Android Pie (9) with open gapps Pico. Hearthstone plays perfectly as you can see I have progress on the game, I will provide all the flash files for everyone to achieved the same results, but I am testing and improving.
    Any news about settings for the lineage build ? Thanks.
    There is going to be big news for lineage build and all the listed ROMs from this guide.
    I have been optimizing the Kernel and found extra RAM (Memory) that has been excessively reserved for no use at all and settings that makes the Tablet run slower. All ROMs have it set up that way. I will provide the new setting as HpTp_MAX_ for all the ROM's that the Kernel can be properly re-compile.
    The Tablet will work even faster and smoother than now, with an average of 100 MB of extra RAM.
    That is the reason that I have not provided the settings for Lineage, I am redoing them all.
    The attached screenshot is from Evervolv 9 Pie flash with Super Open Gapps showing 931.9 MB of RAM, that is even more than the RAM available in WebOS.
    Well reasoned. Like I said, different strokes for different folks. I'm not going to debate. Use my kernel, don't use it, whatever.
    We are here to debate in a positive constructive way, to share our point of view and provide options. Nobody is right or wrong, but two brains think better than one and that is part of a debate. The Kernel and Ramdisk provides 90% of all the settings as you know I have posted guides on how to do it all, but is confusing and asking too much for a regular user to do, the best we can do is provide the users and easy way to use the Tablet to its maximum capabilities and at the same time is a learning challenge on how to get things working on a extremely low antiquated resource device by today's standard.
    Look I had to learned how to play this game, ( I am not a gamer) just to prove that Android 9 with a swap partition with my suggested and posted settings works.
    Click Here for How to Play HEARTHSTONE® by Blizzard Entertainment on HP Touchpad
    @HP_TOUCHPAD, thanks for your work.
    Think you could upload ev_tenderloin-7.1.2-nightly-2017.11.03.zip? The original link seems down.
    You are very welcome!
    I uploaded the ROM to MediaFire and also updated the link on this guide:
    Here is the link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/bgndwh8tywjzy1f/ev_tenderloin-7.1.2-nightly-2017.11.03.zip/file
    Thanks for the update of the original ROM source not working.