"HQ" YouTube on NC

Search This thread

aludal

Aug 17, 2010
Capitola CA
fineoils.blogspot.com
I was fighting tons of bad video rendering and have discovered that so called "HQ Youtube" app for EVO works just fine for Droid. Tried it on my NC, works like a charm (preA2.2, pre Flash 10.1, of course). I can watch HD YouTube trailers just fine, smooth, and fluid now. This is the power of hardware overlay switched ON. I'm sure, a simple hack of Flash Player 10.1 spoofing an Android 2.2 response for it will work just fine too.

Looking for the best streaming TV (IP TV) player as all these yxPlayers are pure junk, both free and paid versions.

See snaps and links in my blog http://fineoils.blogspot.com

vap0rxt

Jun 17, 2010
I too am using the Evo HQ Youtube apk. I know there was a work around to fix Youtube from failing but I uninstalled it so had to search for an apk and found the one for 2.1 evo. Works like a charm.

I didn't read all of your blog, kinda skimmed it over, but I'm using "Button Savior" instead of "Soft Keys", It works much better.

And goto landscape mode when setting your wallpapers. :)

Reactions: jcrip and aludal

aludal

Aug 17, 2010
Capitola CA
fineoils.blogspot.com
I too am using the Evo HQ Youtube apk. I know there was a work around to fix Youtube from failing but I uninstalled it so had to search for an apk and found the one for 2.1 evo. Works like a charm.

I didn't read all of your blog, kinda skimmed it over, but I'm using "Button Savior" instead of "Soft Keys", It works much better.

There's no such requirement to read my whole blog if one chooses to use just one trick (and not to use DD-WRT router with NC, lol).

Yeah, the development goes fast and in all those diverse direction, so it took me awhile: it's easy to overlook some achievements for HTC EVO when one looks closely in Droid Forums, heh. But I have found it eventually. I guess the Auto-Nooter script should be upgraded (plus Button Savior, minus SoftKeys.)

I used to go nuts (and not "landscape") when choosing my wallpaper: there's way too many resource hogs in NC at this stage. All B&N stuff must go (maybe LendMe, and whatever in-shop app could be added -- later). Didn't do much on this path yet -- before a stable recovery. So I ended up with simplest, unmoving snap of my painting, plus MIUI's clock+weather.

aludal

Aug 17, 2010
Capitola CA
fineoils.blogspot.com
"Googel ist dein Freund!"
Seriously, if you look up for a better YouTube.apk, there's a lot of life outside Google Market.
But if you look for "increase volume for Droid X" you will find nothing yet.

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
i'm running a ported version of gingerbread youtube.
ported over for eclair.

here ya go
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=817528
Does that one handle the HD trailers just as well as the older Evo "HQ" version? If so, I may just have to uninstall yet again! lol...

[EDIT: That "ported gingerbread version" appears to be the same as the one installed as default by autonooter v.25, and the videos do not appear to work in HD... am I missing something?]

OP> Thanks for the link in your blog... it worked like a charm after side-loading using adb! :)

Last edited:

thereddog

Dec 4, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I was fighting tons of bad video rendering and have discovered that so called "HQ Youtube" app for EVO works just fine for Droid. Tried it on my NC, works like a charm (preA2.2, pre Flash 10.1, of course). I can watch HD YouTube trailers just fine, smooth, and fluid now. This is the power of hardware overlay switched ON. I'm sure, a simple hack of Flash Player 10.1 spoofing an Android 2.2 response for it will work just fine too.

Looking for the best streaming TV (IP TV) player as all these yxPlayers are pure junk, both free and paid versions.

Would you mind uploading that apk here? I don't have an account on that Android forum

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
OK, I installed the older EVO "HQ version", and it worked the first time I ran it. But now, it seems that my nook keeps reverting back to the (albeit newer) version included with autonooter (Youtube v2.0.26, or something). This appears to be the same "ginerbread ported" version that Darkman mentioned and linked to, but nothing I do now will allow me to revert back to the "HQ version" that aludal pointed us to...

Why does mine keep reverting back to the newer version every time I reboot, even after I "wipe data" and "uninstall" it with Titanium? Any ideas?

vap0rxt

Jun 17, 2010
The Evo HQ Youtube APK if that's what you were looking for.

http://www.vap0rxt.com/youtube.apk

Damn you beat me!
icon_evil.gif

Last edited:

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
ok, this is frustrating... no matter what I do, the system keeps reverting back to the newer autonooted version of Youtube after a reboot!

The HQ version worked once, but when I rebooted, it somehow went back to the nooted version.

I'm using titanium to wipe and uninstall youtube, then using adb to sideload the HQ version... anyone have any idea what step I'm missing?

vap0rxt

Jun 17, 2010
I uninstalled the nooter version from the home screen shortcut I made by long pressing. Installed the HQ version through "Appsinstaller" in the market. I put the APK in the Root Directory of the SD card when doing so. Been 2 days and no issues.

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
I uninstalled the nooter version from the home screen shortcut I made by long pressing. Installed the HQ version through "Appsinstaller" in the market. I put the APK in the Root Directory of the SD card when doing so. Been 2 days and no issues.

I tried to uninstall that way, but it says "Uninstall not successful"

I'm really stumped... I had it working, but now the autonooter version comes back every single time I reboot the device. The strange thing is that I can't find a Youtube.apk anywhere using Root Explorer. It's not in the /system/app directory, so I have no idea where the system keeps finding it after I uninstall it again and again with Titanium... :confused:

>DARKMAN<

Dec 31, 2010
Chisago City, MN
My video qaulity is great. Maybe has to do with unchecked compatibility in spare parts. I had to uncheck it, it works perfect for me. Use root explorer and delete the old apk from system/apps then move the new one to system/apps then install. Worked for me.

Sent from my HAXSUNG Moment

Last edited:

aludal

Aug 17, 2010
Capitola CA
fineoils.blogspot.com
Updated my FineOils post

There's no link to HQ YouTube.apk there, as you have it already.
But there are some explanations, and not just that. I'm asking a lot of questions and waiting for your comments here or there. Together, piece by piece, we may make NC a better tablet even at its present A2.1 level. I'm also sure that many "discoveries" of NC inner workings will be useful for the day when ROMs of A2.2...2.3, Cyanogens will be available and stable for NC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would you mind uploading that apk here? I don't have an account on that Android forum

Here ya go...

There's no such requirement to read my whole blog if one chooses to use just one trick (and not to use DD-WRT router with NC, lol).

Maybe this is why I have no problems on wifi with my NC; my router has been DD-WRT for years now. :)