• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question HSBC App

Search This thread

m98221

Mar 27, 2013
I'm having similar issues with the HSBC channel Islands app. Seems to be an HSBC issue. The app cashes immediately. I'm also having problems adding cards to Google pay

mardum

Dec 14, 2009
Leics
For me, it's still showing Version 2.39.0, updated 12 May 2021.
Screenshot_20211201-100715 - Copy.jpg

bluegrass55

Sep 29, 2011
London
I ended up installing the app manually through APK. If anyone is interested in repeating that, here are the steps roughly:

1. Obtain APK of the app, ideally from your old phone. If that's not available, use some apk downloader website like https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

2. If you used any external website, it is VERY IMPORTANT to verify that you have downloaded legitimate application before you put any passwords in. You will need "Checkey" app installed on Pixel and any other android phone that has HSBC app installed. In Checkey, locate the HSBC app. It should show various details of Signing Certificate.

Install APK on Pixel, install Checkey and compare the information on both phones - it should be identical. In my case, the SHA256 checksum was `1f3c6481453dfc5f41edfee201ddce476aa0aa605f6d8e3259c252f46a0a092f` for
version 2.39.0 of the app.

3. Proceed with entering credentials only if you have verified the checksum in point 2. That's all.

I ended up installing the app manually through APK. If anyone is interested in repeating that, here are the steps roughly:

1. Obtain APK of the app, ideally from your old phone. If that's not available, use some apk downloader website like https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

2. If you used any external website, it is VERY IMPORTANT to verify that you have downloaded legitimate application before you put any passwords in. You will need "Checkey" app installed on Pixel and any other android phone that has HSBC app installed. In Checkey, locate the HSBC app. It should show various details of Signing Certificate.

Install APK on Pixel, install Checkey and compare the information on both phones - it should be identical. In my case, the SHA256 checksum was `1f3c6481453dfc5f41edfee201ddce476aa0aa605f6d8e3259c252f46a0a092f` for
version 2.39.0 of the app.

3. Proceed with entering credentials only if you have verified the checksum in point 2. That's all.

Could you please explain how to use this evozi website to download an app? I tried but get this. I know I'm doing something wrong. For example package name I used HSBC.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 11

skrobul

Sep 11, 2009
Could you please explain how to use this evozi website to download an app? I tried but get this. I know I'm doing something wrong. For example package name I used HSBC.

The screenshot shows how to get the package name ;) In this case, the exact package name is uk.co.hsbc.hsbcukmobilebanking

That's assuming you are in the UK, but I think they ducked up only the UK app so pretty fair assumption

Reactions: bluegrass55

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is anybody else having issues downloading the HSBC UK app.

I went on the play store and it says my device is not compatible

Spoke to HSBC and they said everything is fine from their side.

Could it be a setting on my phone which is blocking banking apps

Running pixel 6 Android 12 with no root

The screenshot shows how to get the package name ;) In this case, the exact package name is uk.co.hsbc.hsbcukmobilebanking

That's assuming you are in the UK, but I think they ducked up only the UK app so pretty fair assumption