HSTool for upgrading firmware of BL locked Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Search This thread

aventix

Mar 9, 2022
My Mate 20 pro is after 3,5 Years also in a bootloop. I tried eRecovery, factory reset etc.. unfortunately my bootloader is locked and so is my USB debugging.
Tomorror I try to update the firmware via OTG, but i dont know, if i have the right version.
With fastboot commands i got "lya-l29 11.0.0.138(c432e4r1p4)" but the latested version i can finde is "LYA-L29 hw eu Laya-L29C 10.1.0.328(C432E8R1P5)" - Doesn´t seems right .
Does this version works ? and if not could someone please send me a link with the right version ?

Thanks!
Greetings from Germany

Last edited:
My Mate 20 pro is after 3,5 Years also in a bootloop. I tried eRecovery, factory reset etc.. unfortunately my bootloader is locked and so is my USB debugging.
Tomorror I try to update the firmware via OTG, but i dont know, if i have the right version.
With fastboot commands i got "lya-l29 11.0.0.138(c432e4r1p4)" but the latested version i can finde is "LYA-L29 hw eu Laya-L29C 10.1.0.328(C432E8R1P5)" - Doesn´t seems right .
Does this version works ? and if not could someone please send me a link with the right version ?

Thanks!
Greetings from Germany
Contact me on telegram, I'll give you instructions

saqibkhan

Thanks!
Greetings from Germany
hi buddy. my bootloader is also locked. my USB debugging is not enabled. how did u log in fastboot .. i cannot use Fastboot or ADB.. when i type ADB Devices it does not return anything

saqibkhan

ADB does not see Mate 20 Pro. Or you forgot to install drivers for (install HiSuite, that's enough)
hi. what do you mean by ADB does not see Mate 20 Pro. do you mean Mate 20 pro doesnt recognise ADB at all. i have had installed HiSuite btw

Also can you confirm if by using this method my Data will be lost or wiped. or it will update the ROM and everything will be saved.

can someone guide me if i should use this method or the one i posted in another thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** SOFT BRICK RISK! Some people reported having soft bricked their devices by installing Android 10 update package. Huawei eRecovery will not work then in case that Huawei in your region did not yet publish Android 10 packages. It will try to recover to Android 9 instead, which the device will reject to do ***

For updating firmware of BL (bootloader) locked Mate 20 Pro an experimental method is available using HiSuite to latest firmwares. Windows only, no Mac.
    Purpose of this is to bring the device up-to-date even when OTA upgrade is not available at a given time for a given region/carrier.
    *** CAUTION: may break SafetyNet check, i.e. disable Google Pay, if firmware higher than intended for a given region is flashed ***
    Hope it helps you.
    Note that if your BL is unlocked, this method will lock it. Unlocking it again is possible, however full-wipe will occur.

Usage: unzip HSTool, run as standard user and follow prompts. No need to run HSTool under elevated Windows privileges, just the "hosts" file editing needs privileged access to the filesystem.

Successfully tested SafetyNet check passing firmware list (no longer maintained):

(All variants) 9.0.0.206 (Changelog) Note: February 2019 Security patch, Camera 9.0.0.305
    (All variants) 9.0.0.210 (Changelog) Note: March 2019 Security patch, Camera 9.0.0.305

Cust partition (region) will stay original based on device oeminfo. C432 wil stay C432 after upgrade and so forth. Also in case you previously used a different method which "soft rebranded" your device, e.g. from Europe C432 to Asia/Pacific C636, this method will fix it.

Test results (no longer maintained):
    2019/03/01: Own test: 9.0.0.206 - ctsProfile pass C432 Vodafone EU, camera 9.0.0.305 (likely designed for Europe, assumed because of working GPay on C432)
    2019/03/12: Own test: 9.0.0.211, 213 - ctsProfile mismatch C432 Vodafone EU, camera 9.0.0.305
    2019/03/13: Own test: 9.0.0.222, 225 - ctsProfile mismatch C432 Vodafone EU, camera 9.0.0.305
    2019/03/19: Own test: 9.0.0.178 - ctsProfile mismatch C432 Vodafone EU, camera 9.0.0.309 (likely a Huawei experiment/beta image)
    2019/03/27: Reported by dajumper: 9.0.0.228 - ctsProfile not reported, camera 9.0.0.312 (likely designed for Japan, assumed because of Japanese changelog, incl. Japanese KDDI VoLTE support added)
    2019/03/27: Own test + reported by KedrosNg: 9.0.0.232 - ctsProfile mismatch C432 Vodafone EU, camera 9.0.0.305
    2019/04/04: Own test: 9.0.0.235, ctsProfile pass status unknown (tested on rooted device), camera 9.0.0.312
    2019/04/06: Reported by Merewood bebox: 9.0.0.210 - ctsProfile pass C432, camera 9.0.0.305
    Hi Guys, this is how I've done the update. I followed the previously linked YouTube video, however that one doesn't mention that you should edit the hosts file, so update will not work (believe me, i've tried twice), however other parts of the video is really useful, that helped a lot for me to write this little guide:

1. Download HSTool zip from HERE, then unzip.
    2. Download the latest ROM (I've tried with the .206) from HERE then copy the zip into the same folder where you can find the HSTool.
    3. Download the FHHiSuiteInstaller, what you can find under the "HiSuite Method" menu HERE, then unzip this too.
    4. Uninstall the HiSuite from your PC, then download the 9.0.2.301 version from HERE and install.
    4. Run FHHiSutieInstaller as an administrator.
    5. When it's asking for your FunkyHuawei login details, you can close the script.
    6. Run HSTool and follow the instructions:
    7. Type "continue", this confirms you have done these steps above, it checks if the zip is copied in the same folder, then extracting (takes about 4-5 mins)
    8. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder and check if you have permission to write the "hosts" file (right click -> Properties ->Security). You need to have full control, otherwise windows won't let you save the modifies. After this open up "hosts" file with Notepad and edit these lines:
    - Original: 80.255.11.142 query.hicloud.com
    - New one: 127.0.0.1 query.hicloud.com
    I had 4-5 lines, I have modified all of them.
    9. Go back to HSTool and confirm that you've made these changes with a "y".
    10. Turn off your phone then press and hold the "volume down" button then connect your device to the PC with the USB Cable.
    11. Open HiSuite on your PC then click on System Recovery, then click on Continue.
    12. Confirm this step with an "y" again in HSTool.
    13. Go back to your modified hosts file and open it again with the Notepad and add "#" sign to the beginning of your lines what we have changed before. It should look like this:
    #127.0.0.1 query.hicloud.com
    14. Confirm this sep again in HSTool with an "y".
    15. Click on Recovery in HiSuit and the update will start.
    DO NOT close HSTool before HiSuite finishes the update.

I hope this helps a bit.
    Huawei changelogs are so boring nowadays so I decided to put something interesting into HSTool changelog. Currently testing new feature to let HiSuite skip download of original firmware. Sometimes it will do it anyway (on first use and every time new official OTA arrives, which is quite rare - bad for our phones, good for this hack).
    Much faster flashing process, less display burn-in caused by fastboot idling! Seems working quite reliably. Stay tuned.
    Huawei changelogs are so boring nowadays so I decided to put something interesting into HSTool changelog. Currently testing new feature to let HiSuite skip download of original firmware. Sometimes it will do it anyway (on first use and every time new official OTA arrives, which is quite rare - bad for our phones, good for this hack).
    Much faster flashing process, less display burn-in caused by fastboot idling! Seems working quite reliably. Stay tuned.

HSTool 1.3.0 (available for DL in OP) includes this acceleration. 1st run = no visible effect, 2nd+ runs will skip directly to 95% of HiSuite download phase completed in most cases.
    In case of issues HSTool 1.2.1 is best bet.
    Firmware hunters, 9.0.0.241 is out with April patch. I have no info about camera yet. No EMUI 9.1 for sure. Due to rich language list in the changelog, I think it could be a Global or EU distro. Let remind (already mentioned in the OP) that using HSTool on devices with unlocked bootloaders will lock the BL and unlocking process would need to be done again, i.e. full-wipe would be inevitable. For unlocked devices I recommend using rooted upgrade methods if you want to stay unlocked. Though unlocking is quick, even with backups it takes some time to fine tune the phone settings.
    DL (LGRP2-full 9.0.0.241): http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/...69/g1750/v248956/f1/full/update_full_base.zip
    Changelog: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G3469/g1750/v248956/f1/full/changelog_base.xml