• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

HTC 10 Camera Thread

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
@defcomg this maybe a "shot in the dark" (pun intended ;) ) but is it possible to port the HTC cam to the CM bases that we have now? Or are there any of these mods that can be used with a different operating system than Sense.

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
@defcomg this maybe a "shot in the dark" (pun intended ;) ) but is it possible to port the HTC cam to the CM bases that we have now? Or are there any of these mods that can be used with a different operating system than Sense.
As far as I can there are no framework Dependencies so it should work on cm As long as camera 2 is reachable and framework contains openLegacy in android /hardware/Camera.java

Sent from my NX503A using XDA Free mobile app

fmedrano1977

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, TX
There's a little speck, a glare in the picture, could this be from a scratch on the lense. Wiping it down doesn't get rid of it and I can see it in the screen before I take the picture.

Sent from my HTC 10

Last edited:

rizevnarastek

Apr 9, 2012
Is your lens scratched? It's sapphire so it should be very resistant to scratches. Haven't any on mine.

... But flares happen occasionally. It depends on light fracture on the lenses and glass. The sapphire is quite thick.

Sent from my HTC 10

Reactions: fmedrano1977

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
As far as I can there are no framework Dependencies so it should work on cm As long as camera 2 is reachable and framework contains openLegacy in android /hardware/Camera.java
So just install the sense camera APK like normal? Or do I need to push it to system? And do I need any other files?

TeLnEtEr

Aug 8, 2013
Just wanted to mention that Double press Power Switch to open Cam is a feature that the Viper 10 Rom offers.

Gesendet von meinem HTC 10 mit Tapatalk

DeadPotato

Mar 8, 2015
Grecia
Guys some off topic question: do you guys know anyone making some analysis like this but for the HTC 10 lens? This video got me thinking about how much of real sapphire the camera lens has
and what mobile app do you prefer: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom or Adobe Photoshop Express for editing raw files on your phone, and why? I used Photoshop Express in the past and it was nice but I just recently found lightroom and the controls look more precise so idk, what's your personal experience?

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
Try push to system you will need the libs folder
The WHOLE lib folder of sense -> CM13 /system/vendor/lib???

Or

Just the libmmcamera_imx377_htc.so???

And is the system/etc/res_contrl.conf needed as well?

Would be F'n EPIC if we could port the htc10 sense camera to the cm13 Roms for the htc10.

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
@defcomg got it working! Only thing is, camera FC on pro mode with raw turned on. Also no pro mode features are at the bottom of the screen to change, iso/shutter/wb/ etc.. see pics.. other than that everything works! Thanks for your help!

Pics are "black" because phone was face down on my desk.. nevermind the darkness..lol

Attachments

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
@defcomg got it working! Only thing is, camera FC on pro mode with raw turned on. Also no pro mode features are at the bottom of the screen to change, iso/shutter/wb/ etc.. see pics.. other than that everything works! Thanks for your help!

Pics are "black" because phone was face down on my desk.. nevermind the darkness..lol
Lol post the crashlog from pro mode

Reactions: lightninbug

allhill

Dec 23, 2009
Jakarta
and what mobile app do you prefer: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom or Adobe Photoshop Express for editing raw files on your phone, and why? I used Photoshop Express in the past and it was nice but I just recently found lightroom and the controls look more precise so idk, what's your personal experience?
I use Lightroom in mobile and also in computer for DNG editing.

Reactions: DeadPotato
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone