HTC 10 Reviews

Search This thread

mosincredible

Feb 21, 2011
Dallas, TX.
That's correct. Can't imagine why others disable such a helpful core feature. In addition it comes with native AirPlay support for music streaming. Those are at least two features that could influence a buyers decision.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA Labs

LG & Samsung both opted for faster internal storage so I'm sure they were against integrating a much slower sdcard storage with UFS 2.0. It would kind of ruin the point of putting the UFS in there. I appreciate the option HTC has given us but I will most certainly not be using it as it will slow down some things and I like to switch out my sd cards sometimes.

Reactions: gie62001 and c4llum

richteralan

Aug 3, 2010
Hong Kong
LG & Samsung both opted for faster internal storage so I'm sure they were against integrating a much slower sdcard storage with UFS 2.0. It would kind of ruin the point of putting the UFS in there. I appreciate the option HTC has given us but I will most certainly not be using it as it will slow down some things and I like to switch out my sd cards sometimes.
It's OPTIONAL. I don't get this mentality. HTC is giving you the option. You surely don't HAVE TO use it. Since when giving customer more option is frowned upon?

Sent from my HTC One_M8

mosincredible

Feb 21, 2011
Dallas, TX.
It's OPTIONAL. I don't get this mentality. HTC is giving you the option. You surely don't HAVE TO use it. Since when giving customer more option is frowned upon?

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Hey, I'm not frowning upon It. I'm always for extra options. That's why I'm with Android and buying unlocked. I just understand why they didn't. With adaptive storage, you could definitely run into some issues with the "average consumer" if you allow them to get into things they don't know about. Apps not working when they pull the card out thinking they can still swap, slower loading times, failing sd cards ruining installed apps, etc.

habs101

Dec 9, 2007
There are a lot of other reviews putting up very different results. I would take that with a grain of salt.
Usually gsmarena's reviews are regarded as reviews that real day to day users experience.

I was waiting for this review as most of their reviews are spot on.

To say this review wasn't bad, nor was it the best. the battery life is the concern on this phone.

Reactions: bhagiratha

Illmatic662

Jul 24, 2012
Every single phone I've owned in my life (15) have all been a result of GSMArena reviews. I literally go to this site everyday and have been waiting. one thing to note, is whoever reviewed this phone is new to the team. I know because I live in Florida and there is FIU in many of these pictures. They always do these reviews typically in the same place. Some aspects of this review are not complete, like when you go to the display section there is normally a chart that shows you contrast ratio and screen brightness this is nowhere to be found, also where is the loud speaker chart? The review incomplete and seems like they tried to rush to get this out.

Reactions: nebulaoperator
Apr 26, 2016
Usually gsmarena's reviews are regarded as reviews that real day to day users experience.

I was waiting for this review as most of their reviews are spot on.

To say this review wasn't bad, nor was it the best. the battery life is the concern on this phone.

Well, every other review has saying battery life is good with around 4.5-6 hours SoT. You also have people on this forum with the device reporting 4.5-6 hours of SoT.

They also were incorrect about some other little things. For example, the device has Gorilla Glass 3, not 4.

edit: also lol

Still, the HTC 10 is hard to choose over the S7 because of its better battery scores, water resistance certification, multi-window multi-tasking, and Samsung's TouchWiz software suite.

Really?

Last edited:

pedodroid

Oct 19, 2013
Well, every other review has saying battery life is good with around 4.5-6 hours SoT. You also have people on this forum with the device reporting 4.5-6 hours of SoT.

They also were incorrect about some other little things. For example, the device has Gorilla Glass 3, not 4.

edit: also lol

Really?

Touchwiz actually is quite good. Despite the "bloat" the Snapdragon S7 still has equal or better battery life than the HTC 10 and it also uses the same amount of system memory as the 10.
S-Health, S-Note and the Touchwiz screen capture are better than what you get competitor phone. To me Touchwiz is one the most feature complete Android skins. I don't use all the features in Touchwiz but alot of them are very useful (to me).

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
My personal review after playing with demo units (twice) is it is a well built phone. The display on both units didn't get that bright which is alarming but this was the verizon unit. But the screen looked decent but does get warmer if you look at it from an angle... even if you have it on the coolest setting. THe camera lens seems to get bury if there is any sort of finger print on it. I'd like to see smaller bezels. All in all I think it will be the best phone for me but understand this is a simple phone with basic features. You won't get all the eye popping features as a sammy device but it work and it works well. I don't think you will find a more premium feeling phone out there. I'm excited to get my unit and put it through its paces. Only time will tell if this is a keeper. Ironically I prefer the display on my m7 to this lol.

Emerald Core

Dec 22, 2015
Abu Dhabi
My personal review after playing with demo units (twice) is it is a well built phone. The display on both units didn't get that bright which is alarming but this was the verizon unit. But the screen looked decent but does get warmer if you look at it from an angle... even if you have it on the coolest setting. THe camera lens seems to get bury if there is any sort of finger print on it. I'd like to see smaller bezels. All in all I think it will be the best phone for me but understand this is a simple phone with basic features. You won't get all the eye popping features as a sammy device but it work and it works well. I don't think you will find a more premium feeling phone out there. I'm excited to get my unit and put it through its paces. Only time will tell if this is a keeper. Ironically I prefer the display on my m7 to this lol.
We were informed that htc 10 demo has lower specs to the production line. For example processor speed and ram is half.

I have been playing heavy games like vainglory. For your info this game drains the battery and heats up my iPad pro. My iPhone 6s plus and Samsung s7 edge heat up too. This htc 10 that I received yesterday, remained the least heating out of the bunch.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: browneyeee

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
Touchwiz actually is quite good. Despite the "bloat" the Snapdragon S7 still has equal or better battery life than the HTC 10 and it also uses the same amount of system memory as the 10.
S-Health, S-Note and the Touchwiz screen capture are better than what you get competitor phone. To me Touchwiz is one the most feature complete Android skins. I don't use all the features in Touchwiz but alot of them are very useful (to me).

I loathe touchwiz. However, my exynos S7 Edge is an absolute TANK. I get about 3hrs SOT with 60% battery left after a 13 hour day. Camera is great, screen is great, size is great, and water resistance is just awesome to have. Im excited to try the HTC 10 but im already expecting battery to be much worse.

pedodroid

Oct 19, 2013
I loathe touchwiz. However, my exynos S7 Edge is an absolute TANK. I get about 3hrs SOT with 60% battery left after a 13 hour day. Camera is great, screen is great, size is great, and water resistance is just awesome to have. Im excited to try the HTC 10 but im already expecting battery to be much worse.

I like Touchwiz. Stock Android, to me, is highly overated. Having to swipe down with 2 fingers to access quick toggles seems absolutely stupid (can't be done with one hand), also no matter the screen size the experience is the same accross the board with no added functionality for larger screens i.e split window/ multi window which is just now going to be added in Android N. If I bought the HTC 10 the first thing i would do is to change the launcher because of the black background in the app drawer which is so ugly and plain that google itself had to change it post Ice Cream Sandwich. Also knowing HTC, the 10 is going to be stupidly expensive when compared to other flagship phones here in Nigeria. Also 4×4 grid on a 5.2" screen? Really?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my HTC 10 - First Impressions

Hey guys,

So I received my HTC 10 in Glacial Silver color with white front today. I was expecting a black front unit, and was pretty pissed at first. Was going to sell it and get a black one, but after a few hours of internal struggles I said F it and went with the white. Cant be bothered to wait for delivery again! Looks similar to an iPhone in the white color by the way!

I am switching over from my S7 Edge, which i purely bought to entertain myself until the 10 was released. But I do have to say that the S7E was the best phone I have used to date (HTC 10 withstanding as I just got it today and cant form an opinion yet). The screen, Design, Battery and camera were top notch.

After unboxing and and setting it up and etc, I am pretty excited to dive in and see what the 10 is about. The design is absoultely flawless , like no other phone. You see, every phone has that one flaw, that one design choice that ruins it. Previous htc phones nearly always had some sort of loose piece or wobbling upper grill or something. the iPhone has those ugly antenna lines. The S7E is a fingerprint magnet. But the 10, it is just pure perfection in design. Granted that i wasnt given the color I expected , but the white front bezel doesnt take anything away from the design and is actually growing on me. I know heaps of people love that white/silver combo.

From my intial imrpessions and minutes on the phone, I can tell everyone here on XDA to STOP worrying about the display. It is very good, with iPhone-like accuracy and colors. The sharpness is very high as expected, and the overall quality is top notch. Basically an iPhone display with a QHD resolution (which in my opinion is as good as it gets). So yeah, just stop worrying about that.

The speaker has just as much quality and even more than the M8/M9. It is a tad quieter that those since it isnt Stereo front facing, but it is still dual speakers. It is MUCH better than I expected initially.

I have had the phone for only a couple of hours now. So i will update this post as I get along. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

P.S. Photos are attached. All taken with S7 Edge by the way :D
    HTC 10 vs. Huawei P9 vs. LG G5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Some Guy's Review

PURPOSE
    So 1st and foremost, the plan here is to give you my experience with these 4 phones. Granted, I have only used the HTC 10 for about 5 days now and can say I have yet to fully break it in to find everything that may or may not be right / wrong with it. However, this will be a unbiased look and comparison. I'm neither a fanboy or sheep. No brand affiliation. Not a programmer either, just a pro-sumer Senior Member of XDA willing to get trolled, flamed, etc. for sharing a look at these 4 phones. Hopefully, I can give "the everyday guy / gal look" without getting bogged down in stats, variables or benchmarks. You can see my other reviews in the XDA Forums for the LG G5 & Huawei P9. Here goes...

MY BACKGROUND
    No one special. Just a guy that likes the latest tech... phones being at the top of the list. I am a nerd. No doubt about that. I think anyone that knows about XDA probably is to some extent. No brand loyalty. Like to share what I find out with my friends and co-workers... some call me a "know-it-all" others a smart-butt (substitute a name for a donkey for "butt") however its always (at least I think so) for the betterment of mankind.... hahahaha. Recently, I have had the privilege to try out the following phones:

1. HTC 10
    2. Huawei P9
    3. LG G5
    4. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    5. Huawei Mate 8
    6. Huawei Nexus 6P
    7. LG Nexus 5X
    8. Samsung Note 5
    9. Apple iPhone 6s+

And probably some more, but these are the most recent. Does that make me qualified to make a review... Maybe. It does make me an idiot that likes new phones, though. So much an idiot that likes new phones that recently I got warned by Google that they cannot authorized phones from my account anymore because 14 phones in a year is excessive... Well, Google.... yeah alright, it's excessive but can't blame a person for trying to find the best phone. It's my quest. To break it down, I am always looking for something that meets my needs but also is a good phone. Currently with TMobile but have been with ATT, Verizon & Sprint at some point 20 years of using cell phones.

MY NEEDS
    I drive about 40 miles everyday to work (yes, my work week is currently 7 days a week with a few occasional days off). So, with this in mind and where I drive, I need the minimum requirements:
    1. Can Stream Music
    2. Bluetooth is fully compatible with my 2016 vehicle
    3. An equalizer of some sort since I have only switch out my new cars speakers for better ones and don't plan on changing or adding a better sound system.
    4. Decent pictures when needed
    5. As a nerd, I like to "mesmerize" people with a pay with your phone app like Apple Pay or Android Pay
    6. Works with my Huawei Watch
    7. Relatively not laggy - will sometimes do some ROM-ing or some customization but since I tend to get rid of the phones quickly I try not to void warranties or make it too non-stock

THE COMPARISON
    I am looking at my experience with the HTC 10, Huawei P9, LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge under/around these requirements and some normal stuff like battery, screen, snappiness, heat, speakers, etc. Here goes:

SOUND OVERALL
    So it seems looking at 4 phones overall that Google and the OEMs for the part have worked out weird differences across different phones from different companies when it comes to bluetooth compatibility & Android M. All 4 phones hook up to my 2016 HR-V without any issues although the Huawei P9 had one little quirk. After the first time the P9 connected to my car, it only connected for bluetooth music and not phone calls, this however was fixed quickly and never happened again after I toggle my car to connect to the P9 for phone calls. All 4 phones worked equally as well too connected my car as far as volume with the LG G5 having the loudest output after my equalizer app applied its effects (gain fidelity but lowers volume). The S7 does self close the equalizer app on its own sometimes randomly and is the only phone that does so. This is a little annoying since it causes the volume to blast when it does because I listen to my Hard Rock and Heavy Metal LOUD!!! Honestly, if you don't listen to that kind of music loud then why bother... don't be the guy at the hard rock concert with earplugs in... not cool man not cool. I digress. The LG G5 occasionally and more so since the last update makes the sound go bonkers (real glitchy and staticy) while running the equalizer app. Both the P9 & HTC 10 behave normally with no problems. Although being not being the loudest of the bunch, the HTC 10 has the best bass reproduction. P9 best overall sound. All have single internal speaker setups with the BoomSound of the HTC 10 wining out with best overall non-tinny sound. P9 is second followed by the LG G5 then a tin can with string, then a paper dixie cup with tape then the S7 (Sorry Samsung but damn your speakers blow and not in the good way). This is a tough call and I promised myself no ties this review. Calling a tie in a review is as worthless as a screen door on a submarine... here goes....

WINNER: HUAWEI P9 - Good Volume, Great Sound Overall & Decent Internal Speaker
    RUNNER-UP: HTC 10 - BoomSound is awesome but you would have won with dual speakers... plus the HTC 7 allowed BoomSound to work over bluetooth, now magically it can't??!!

BATTERY
    OK... A lot can be said about batteries on all these phones... but I'm going to break it down as simply I can without turning this into a preference war.
    1. LG G5 Battery is definitely smaller and does not last as long as the P9, S7 & HTC 10
    2. LG G5 has a removable battery, the others do not.
    I hate battery talk since it has so many variables to deal with other than just testing a phone by leaving apps running with the screen on until it goes dead. That's not a real test for daily usage... From my extensive testing of using a phone like a normal human being, the P9 wins on battery-on time... but is the slowest to charge. Closely behind is the S7 then HTC 10. With the LG G5 in last place. With that said, the LG G5 gets some points for replaceable battery and QC 3.0.. The S7 gets some geek points because it has wireless fast charging as well as standard fast charging, although not as fast as QC 3.0. All things being equal in this section and totally based on preference... here's the short and curlies of it: :eek:

1. P9 has the Longest battery life but slowest charging
    2. LG G5 shortest battery life and good fast charging
    3. S7 has a decent battery life, fast charging, wireless fast charging just not as fast as the LG G5 & HTC 10.
    4. HTC 10 has decent battery life and charges just as fast as the LG G5 as both have QC 3.0

WINNER: S7 - Geek at heart, love having to not force it into a stand which you still have to do even with USB-C or fumbling for a cable somewhere on the floor (why do they give everyone midget cables? no offense to midgets)
    RUNNER-UP: HTC 10 - good battery and super fast charge almost makes it #1 in this section
    To note here, If you end up getting a 64GB/4GB P9 Plus, it would probably take this section... however, its larger and untested at this point... the only thing known is that it will have Huawei's FastCharge Tech.

HEAT
    I know somehow heat generated under load is a big deal to people even though it is a real big deal for me. The only time I come up into worrying about the heat thing is when I am at some concert or some event where I use my camera a lot. I either then put it in my pocket with the camera running or some background camera thing causes extra processor load. If I can feel it in my pocket trying to cook my nads then I have a problem with it. So getting away from the nads argument, the only time I really "push" a phone is either a long conversation on the actual phone (which never happens nowadays as the art of conversation is dead, thanks texting!), during initial phone setup or while I am playing a game. My game playing isn't drastic either, currently Clash Royale. With that out of the way, here's my findings. All 3 phones with a certain processor heat up from time to time... no duh, they all have the same processor. One with a homegrown processor does not. My S7 during initial setup gave me at one point a heat warning, don't know if this is just TouchJerk doing it or it actually got too hot. My LG G5 gets super nads scorching hot a recent concert and this is my 2nd LG G5. The 1st was replaced because I think it got too hot and formed a cold solder point on the board somewhere. HTC 10 heats up too, not as much as the other 2 SnapDragon fire breathers but it does. I am sure when I use it this week at the GHOST concert I am going to it will show off it mini-furnace potential. P9 barely heats up ever with the Kirin 955 in tow.
    WINNER: Hands Down & Not Close... HUAWEI P9
    RUNNER-UP: HTC 10 - Currently the smallest dragon Game of Thrones and Snapdragon has to offer.

SNAPPINESS
    This is going to be a hard one for me to be impartial, but it's my review so screw it. I also setup any phone I get the HTC Sense Launcher that Xpirt made here in the XDA-Forums. So I already like the HTC 10 since I don't have to install it and it work natively. With that said and Samsung / LG / Huawei you can learn something here, the fact that HTC took a big leap of faith and did not double down this time with duplicate apps for Google Apps serves the HTC 10 very well. No slow down, smooth, just beautiful :good: The P9 is nice too albeit if you can get passed EMUI hang ups and somewhat tiring setup. I think what makes a winner in this section for me with all similar running speed phones is: no glickiness during normal operation that is noticeable, least amount of setup to get everything to work like I want it to and lastly an acceptable amount of bloat. With that, G5 and S7 take a back seat. Why does Samsung do it to such an awesome piece of hardware then they turnaround and won't let you use certain things like SamsungPay if you dare root the phone to get the bloat off? The G5 does a little better but falls into the same trappings a little... I don't have no damn "Friends" add-on thingy whatsywhoseit, don't steal resources with the software pre-installed if I don't need it. Lastly, I clump the need for Android Pay here, which I thought I can live without but my geek inside just keeps me going back to it. Damn Google, even if the P9 had NFC, which it doesn't (before someone tries to flame me, my version didn't) , they won't let international phones run Android Pay... I understand their reasoning but can't they resolve it. Whatever, shut you geek :laugh:

WINNER: HTC 10 - Love you Sense 8 and without Bloat Dupy Apps / Android Pay Works great with great NFC sensor placement
    RUNNER-UP: HUAWEI P9 - I like EMUI too. Dig the (And don't kill me for mentioning the dread "A" word) Apple-like slide up from the bottom menu for quick access

DISPLAY
    Oh, boy The display section. Really not going to spend a lot of time here. Just going to rock some bullet points:
    1. The HTC 10 is hard to see if you wear Polarized sunglasses. I do and have to pull them up to see my screen. With that said, resolution & color temp is nice. I also give big ups for semi-controllable led notifications. Keep me from having to constantly open the phone to see what is up (now if I can only remember what color is what hahaha :confused:) If only you had some type of always-on display deal you would be superb. (adding a app to that isn't the same as built in)
    2. LG G5 Always-on display is the bee's knees. Why can't other phones steal this stuff? :good: Screen is decent but not as good as HTC 10. No Problems with sunglasses on!
    3. S7 Always on display is like a Band-Aid on a bullet wound. Worthless. Next. You do however have the best display tech going. How can something normally so pretty have such an ugly always on display feature. Damn Samsung Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde display. You almost had me. No Sunglasses issue either
    4. P9. Huawei. It's 2016. 1080p is great. Last year. Step up, although you do make the battery last longer, its just not a great competitive choice. Like a Mercedes putting a Garmin Dash mount GPS unit in it, just not enchufe . :cool:
    WINNER: S7 - Still can't beat the King of Displays... even though not as functional as the LG G5
    RUNNER-UP WITHOUT SHADES ON: HTC 10 - Is it a coating on the front glass or digitizer, I don't know. 2 Polarized Sunglasses both make it impossible to see in my car.
    RUNNER UP W/ SHADES ON: LG G5 - Can you just sell everyone your always-on display programming and make a bunch of dough? Please LG!!! Please!

PHONE DESIGN
    Another hard section. To start, LG G5 just go sit this one out and when you do punch the designer that has a stiffy for Klaatu right in the face. LG really you could have made the phone a little more appealing visually. This leaves the P9, S7 & HTC 10. Well, anyone can tell you that the S7 is a pretty phone and glass back gives it the advantage of wireless charging... but I am a man so I like an all metal phone. Like the music I listen to, METAL RULES!!! This leads to color and overall design shape. I do like the ripped from Sony straight Candy Bar Rectangle design of the P9, that is, unless pitted against Batman's bad-shut your mouth looking HTC 10. Not to mentioned, Carbon Grey which just make it look even more slick. Sorry and I know this is a China thing, gold looks tacky in the USA. Button placement is awesome on both the P9 & HTC 10. The P9 & G5 do get big ups for the rear finger print scanner which I dig now having used it, however, the finger print scanner on the HTC 10 is super fast like its A9 cousin. TouchSwamp lags out the fingerprint scanner on the S7. Dual cameras look cool on the P9 but the not really Lecia Camera Tramp Stamp does nothing for me. Granted I have the HTC 10 unlocked version... I'm sure that Verizon will tramp stamp that bi-atch as well but hopefully not too bad, plus they and TMobile will only have Glacial "It Blows" Silver, so buyer beware from carrrier. :crying:

WINNER: HTC 10 - "I said God Damn..." - Major Vic "Deak" Deakins, Broken Arrow 1996
    RUNNER-UP IF YOU ARE A GIRL: S7 - Just not "manly" even in black or platinum

CAMERA
    As in all my Other Guy's Reviews, I am going to say that I'm not a fan of phone cameras yet. Physics make it impossible to compete with real DSLRs and real film cameras. So with that said, most manufacturers through a gimmick in and then try to say they have the best camera. Blind tests are done but you can't take the exact same picture across multiple phones as the same time to ensure "like" conditions, so these types of reviews are inherently flawed no matter how impartial they maybe. SO, gimmicks lets look at them shall we:
    1. P9 - Dual Lenses that assemble a picture using the same megapixels for each camera, but one takes Black and white, the other color. Great Gamma Representation and Dynamic Range
    2. S7 - 1.7 F-STOP lens, good low light camera, has ULTRAPIXELS!!!! :confused:
    3. Klaatu Rising! - Cool Ultra (there's that word again) wide angle shot with 2 lens setup
    4. HTC 10 - S7 Strikes Back F1.7 Lens, OIS Front and Back Cameras
    There's your gimmicks. None really set the other apart. To note, I have used the S7, LG G5 & P9 in low light. The G5 & P9 suck at focusing in low light situations and it hard to get a simple AF Lock (or I'm just dumb). HTC 10 has AF LOCK by holding the focus ring at your focus point until it locks. S7 is similar. I am not going to call this one and never do. A camera phone that could do all the gimmicks above would be the winner, but alone none win hands down
    WINNER: NO WINNER, YOUR THE BIG WINNER AS LONG AS THESE COMPANIES KEEP TRYING TO INNOVATE!!! :highfive:

CONCLUSION
    So, what can I conclude? That all 4 phones are awesome... all 4 have plus and minuses. I think for me from a day-to-day usability standpoint, the HTC 10 wins out although being the Runner-up in many sections above. Much like a Vanilla Nexus Google Phone, the lack of bloat is encouraging. While keeping what makes HTC uniqueness of Sense 8, Blinkfeed, great widgets etc., it just works for me. Plus, it is just a slick manly looking phone, a phone that screams don't cage me in an ugly case. Would I like some tweaks to make it even better, sure. HTC has come a long way back from the M9 fiasco. I'd say closely behind is the P9... if Huawei would wise up and make a USA version of it and the P9 Plus in non-tacky any other colors then gold and pink gold, they could possibly rule the roost. Samsung quit shooting yourself in the foot and kill TouchJizz, throw it away, hide it to never see the light of day, while doing that bury your bloat apps. You have great cameras, displays, design, you name it... but you suck at usability. LG G5 you get a pass on the design since you tried to be innovating, you get some credit there, there's a lot to love with the G5 five but also a lot to hate... DAMN YOU KLAATU!!!! Lastly and as always, this is just Some Guy's Opinion... :D

As always please comment, thanks again! :good:
    Quick review after 1-2 days of use, in bullet points. Mostly comparing it to my M8. Note that I'm a M8 fanboy, I love that phone. I also used the S7 for 2 weeks.

1. The speakers are great. The crispiness of the sound and the loudness are as good as M8. In Theather Mode it has more bass, and it's loader compared to Music Mode. Music Mode sounds more like M8 speakers. A small negative is when you accidentally put your finger on the bottom speaker which reduces the volume. It's less noticeable when Music Mode is on.

2. The front top speaker can collect dust. It did in the first minute I opened the box.

3. Call quality is good. As good as M8. Much better than S7.

4. UI experience is good. It's smooth overall but (I know this will sound crazy) it's not as smooth as my M8 running ICE custom rom. You have to have very sensitive eyes to see it (which I do), but the scrolling in apps like Youtube, Facebook, Twitter or even Settings Menu is smoother with my M8. Not saying that HTC 10 is stuttery, it's uber smooth compared to S7.
    If I could rate how smooth the M8, 10 and S7 are, 1-10:
    - M8 gets a 9
    - HTC 10 gets a 8.5
    - S7 gets a 5
    However, the HTC 10 is smoother in Chrome compared to M8.

4.1 side note: Youtube app crashes everytime I scroll through my subscriptions list. I installed different versions, same result. Also when you minimize a video in youtube and scroll through your lists, sometimes when doing that, it gets really laggy. Sometimes it's just smooth. Not sure what this is. The S7 was also like this. No such problem with M8.

5. HTC 10 is a fraction faster with opening apps compared to M8. We are talking about milliseconds, almost not noticeable. Also heavy websites load bit faster, maybe a second or so.

6. Ram management is awesome. I can use 7-10 normal apps, then go back to chrome without it reloading the page. In settings it says average ram usage after 1 day is 54%, with 2GB used, and 1,7GB available. I haven't installed any games.

7. Fingerprint scanner is really good. Maybe too good. When holding the phone in my hands the scanner accidently touches my skin, which turns on the screen and gives annoying vibration.

8. Talking about vibration, I don't like the feel of it. I'm talking about touch vibration for the buttons and keyboard. It feels much better on the M8, which has soft and gentle vibration. However, HTC 10's vibration much better than the S7 which felt like something was broken inside the phone.

9. The device gets quite warm under normal usage (using wifi) like browsing and youtube. Much warmer than M8. My M8 gets that warm when I use the device outside in sunlight, or when browsing or watching youtube with data instead of wifi.

10. You have to get used to the screen if you're coming from M8. HTC 10's screen is warmer and red-ish (no matter which config you use in display color settings), while M8's screen is colder and blue-ish. Looking at the screens from an angle, 10's screen gets a warmer red-ish tint, M8's screen gets darker. Is it bad or good? I don't know. I think it's a matter of getting used to it.
    I personally prefer LCD screens over AMOLED (I own Galaxy S2, S3, Tab S2, and I've used S6). When there was a rumor that HTC 10 would get AMOLED, I was not happy. But comparing HTC 10's screen to S7's screen I must admit S7's screen is much much better. Much brighter and very good viewing angles, no color shift (other amoled screens I have seen change to rainbow colors when viewing from an angle).

11. Notification led is really bright.

12. (VERSION 1.21) Camera :crying: so disappointed. I constantly get "something is blocking the sensors" message and not being able to auto focus. So I found out the lens and the laser have to be PERFECTLY clean. Otherwise it has problem with auto focus, but it does focus when you tap on the screen. I mean I did the "Smudge test" on the S7, it had no problem at all taking in the perfect smudgy picture ever. I mean even with dirty lens, the S7 takes good pictures. With a clean lens, it's just unbelievable.
    And what the hell video recording is even worse. It's stuttery as hell, it's skips frames, the OIS has a hard time, it has issues keeping light exposure in balance.
    I mean I just want snap a quick pic and record a short video. I just want to take it out of my pocket and quick launch the camera and go. I don't have time to clean the lens and the laser everytime I want to use the camera. And why the hell can't a record in 60 fps.
    I used the s7 for a week, every picture I took (WITHOUT cleaning lenses or whatsoever) was perfect. Every video I recorded was smooth and bright, OIS worked perfect. Damn.

13. Wifi reception is good. I checked with Wifi analyzer, it's about the same compared to M8. Speed is also the same. But I have to use it more and on more locations to make a better comparison.

14. Coming soon (normal and Bluetooth) headphone experience and GPS. Did I forget something else?
    How is great not good enough?

I'd love a great device. Some reviewers are just downright picky, but that one made no sense.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone