• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC 10 Stock Oreo 8.0 Bugs & Issues Thread

Search This thread

anebo

Dec 26, 2018
Generally the best android version for the HTC 10 is Nougat, but oreo has better performance at the cost of battery life. They seem to have done some changes to pnp, so if you switch to Oreo, you might have to disable it depending on your usage.

Also you need to upgrade the firmware so, going back to nougat is not easy.

If I remember correctly fusion OS is an ASOP oreo based rom that works with nougat firmware, you can try that if you're interested.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-10/development/rom-official-pure-fusion-os-oreo-t3694203

I don't have the phone right now. Will receive in a few days. Doesn't it come with android 6? Is lineage os good?

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Generally the best android version for the HTC 10 is Nougat, but oreo has better performance at the cost of battery life. They seem to have done some changes to pnp, so if you switch to Oreo, you might have to disable it depending on your usage.

Also you need to upgrade the firmware so, going back to nougat is not easy.

If I remember correctly fusion OS is an ASOP oreo based rom that works with nougat firmware, you can try that if you're interested.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-10/development/rom-official-pure-fusion-os-oreo-t3694203

I did search for pnp and asop. But didn't find any answer. What are they? I am no software developer.

dsjiffry

Aug 20, 2014
I don't have the phone right now. Will receive in a few days. Doesn't it come with android 6? Is lineage os good?

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

I did search for pnp and asop. But didn't find any answer. What are they? I am no software developer.

Yeah it comes with android 6.0 and you can update all the way up to 8.0

ASOP means pure android, like what you get on a modern Google pixel or a nexus phone back in the day.

Pnp is HTC's power and performance manager, as long as it is running you cannot change the cpu governor settings since it will reset them.
In Nougat it was ok, but when the phone heats up it would throttle and cause lags. So in oreo I guess they removed that and I noticed better performance but worse battery life.

If you go for Lineage os you can get Android 9.0 and the latest security patches but they are still working out some bugs, I'm hoping to switch to it sometime next year.

P.S. - If you are going to flash any roms make sure to read properly and make backups always...... It's how I started out and you'll be glad for the backups in case things go wrong.

anebo

Dec 26, 2018
Yeah it comes with android 6.0 and you can update all the way up to 8.0

ASOP means pure android, like what you get on a modern Google pixel or a nexus phone back in the day.

Pnp is HTC's power and performance manager, as long as it is running you cannot change the cpu governor settings since it will reset them.
In Nougat it was ok, but when the phone heats up it would throttle and cause lags. So in oreo I guess they removed that and I noticed better performance but worse battery life.

If you go for Lineage os you can get Android 9.0 and the latest security patches but they are still working out some bugs, I'm hoping to switch to it sometime next year.

P.S. - If you are going to flash any roms make sure to read properly and make backups always...... It's how I started out and you'll be glad for the backups in case things go wrong.

Thank You.

mcmorariu

Nov 19, 2015
Mr Hofs,

What specific Oreo version / firmware are you running?

I noticed on my Verizon 10, firmware 3.18.605.13, any ROM, battery is pretty stable, lots of Doze time.

If I change to FW 3.16.617.2, any ROM, battery starts to go quick (many RILJ wakelocks, not much Doze time).

The only reason I don't use the 605 FW is because I'm on AT&T and only 617 FW/ROM combo let me use VoLTE.

Thanks.

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Mr Hofs,

What specific Oreo version / firmware are you running?

I noticed on my Verizon 10, firmware 3.18.605.13, any ROM, battery is pretty stable, lots of Doze time.

If I change to FW 3.16.617.2, any ROM, battery starts to go quick (many RILJ wakelocks, not much Doze time).

The only reason I don't use the 605 FW is because I'm on AT&T and only 617 FW/ROM combo let me use VoLTE.

Thanks.

I get double battery life on N compared to P, ATM
Naptime I use for quick deep doze, seems to be working well

What about 605 firmware and 617 radio? May give good doze + volte.

Last edited:

mcmorariu

Nov 19, 2015

You mean N vs O? I used Greenify on O, not Naptime but I understand Naptime may be better?

I expect I can probably load N 617 RUU, get good battery & VoLTE, but the 10 should be able to go so much further... now that I've experienced Oreo I don't want to go backwards.

I did 605 FW with 617 radio; 605 by itself only let me connect up to H+ on AT&T, flashing 617 radio unlocked LTE, but not VoLTE. And Doze kicks in very well w/ this combo.

Next I flashed 617 CRadio, Modemst1, Modemst2, Rfg_2, Rfg_3, but VoLTE just won't work.
I sort of gave up experimenting w/ mix & matching FW bits, for now...

Edit: the battery drain on 617 appears to be due to HTC Weather app. I froze com.htc.weather & com.htc.widget.weatherclock with TB and now my battery is solid in standby - Doze kicks in beautifully.
Hope this was it, will monitor...

Edit2: that was temporary... Wakelock came back.
New solution: used Tasker to kill Location w/ screen Off. Seems OK and survives reboot for now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Because the HTC 10 Updates Thread is getting hard to read and mainly about notifications for Updates i tought i'd create an extra Thread for know Bugs and bug searching.

There are currently two Updates out for Oreo. 3.16.xxx.3 and 3.18.xxx.1 but they're both about the same... or almost.

Known Bugs:
    • WiFi might activate Mobile Data and create huge Batterydrain in Standby (Post Nr4) Doesn't seem to happen frequently, most likely an exception.
    • Notifications are set Globally and not per App (Post Nr2) SOLUTION: Use U11 Settings.APK (You just have to set them correctly...)
    • HTCMode app is running in the Background for 30-120 Seconds after a reboot (HTC Support is useless....)
    • Battery Stats hamburger Menu shows duplications (Post Nr3, Hard to reproduce.)
    • Bluetooth doesn't show Media Info on all devices while music playback. some work, some dont
    • Some people seem to have huge standby drain from uncertain cause. Dialer app?

If you know anything else, report it here and i'll add it.
    Bad Batterylife on WiFi / Activation of Mobile Network while on WiFi

WiFi Standby on 2.4ghz Wlan 2.5%
    WiFi Standby on 5ghz Wlan 0.5%

Something is Off there right?

If you take a look at this graph here:
    BSLe1pL.png

Left side green line WiFi On looses about 0.6%/h with WiFi. Right side with WiFi on is about 2.5%/h and you can see the red "Mobile Radio Active" points a few lines above.
    I'm not entirely sure if it's tied to 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi or something else... i'm still investigating.

Edit:
    The Mobile Radio Active during WiFI Bug is NOT related to 2.4ghz WiFi! Or at least not happen every time.
    As you can see in this picture, after 3am - 9 am there was NO mobile activity during WiFi while it was in 2.4ghz WiFi and doze.
    biHQF1m.png
    Not yet. With so many bugs & issues making the phone genuinely a bit s#it now. I can see I'm pretty much being forced down this route in order to solve them.. :( I can;t really see any other option now.

My mums HTC 10, same update - Works perfectly!!

There is a fix, but it may require root and modifying the system partition, maybe not, but haven't tested on a stock rom.

Basically, taking the Settings.apk from the U11 will resolve this and after extensive testing there isn't any differences to be concerned about.

The attached Settings.apk is taken from a dump on the U11 2.33.401.10 UHL (single sim)

This is one of the many fixes in Leedroid thats been there for a while so sorry for the delay, so its simply in there, but you could try replacing /system/priv-app/Settings.apk (CHMOD 644 as well if needed) (it may also be necessary to delete /data/system/package_cache/1/Settings-* if that leads to odd behavior)

Or you might also have luck installing it directly so it exists as an update in /data/app/ - not sure there as I haven't tried it.

It is basically down to fix it, but good luck getting another HTC 10 update, I have been chasing them to acknowledge this bug on Twitter for a month and not had a single reply.

But once correctly updated or in place, the correct notifications selector will pop up and allow you to set different notification tones where available without changing the system default.
    I update my fone last week , not rooted ...just using openvpn connect and of course its drain the battery when i use mobile data ...the problem is after update this " extreme power saving mode " its drain the battery horribly without any explanation , more than 70% and its not happened before

is there any ideas or solutions for this problem ??

I am on Three uk and I resolved this problem by changing the preferred network type from "LTE/UMTS auto (PRL)" to "LTE/WCDMA" using using *#*#4636#*#*

Made a huge difference to the battery drain. I am now back decent battery times and extreme power saving mode does not feature anymore in my battery stats.

You mean N vs O? I used Greenify on O, not Naptime but I understand Naptime may be better?

I expect I can probably load N 617 RUU, get good battery & VoLTE, but the 10 should be able to go so much further... now that I've experienced Oreo I don't want to go backwards.

I did 605 FW with 617 radio; 605 by itself only let me connect up to H+ on AT&T, flashing 617 radio unlocked LTE, but not VoLTE. And Doze kicks in very well w/ this combo.

Next I flashed 617 CRadio, Modemst1, Modemst2, Rfg_2, Rfg_3, but VoLTE just won't work.
    I sort of gave up experimenting w/ mix & matching FW bits, for now...

Edit: the battery drain on 617 appears to be due to HTC Weather app. I froze com.htc.weather & com.htc.widget.weatherclock with TB and now my battery is solid in standby - Doze kicks in beautifully.
    Hope this was it, will monitor...

Edit2: that was temporary... Wakelock came back.
    New solution: used Tasker to kill Location w/ screen Off. Seems OK and survives reboot for now.