• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

HTC 10 updates thread

Search This thread

10rdan

Sep 3, 2013
so although i'm on 2.41.401.3 I can flash 2.41.401.4?
Have a read in the "updates" thread, I'm sure there were folk in there saying they were on 401.4 and were able to take today's ota.

I think the update is bigger if you're on 401.3, I presume it's so everyone on 401 is then on the same base.

Last edited:

Rotten Ross

Aug 11, 2011
Have a read in the "updates" thread, I'm sure there were folk in there saying they were on 401.4 and were able to take today's ota.

I think the update is bigger if you're on 401.3, I presume it's so everyone on 401 is then on the same base.

ruu keeps saying usb isn't connected

10rdan

Sep 3, 2013
ruu keeps saying usb isn't connected
Is the ruu a "zip" ?

If so, rename it "2PS6IMG.zip" without quotation marks. Put it on root of external sd and boot into download mode.

Follow instructions.... remember to remove file from external storage. Also, when the phone powers down it WON'T reboot by itself, you need to use power button to reboot.

Edit.... make sure the file only has one "zip" in file name.

Rotten Ross

Aug 11, 2011
Is the ruu a "zip" ?

If so, rename it "2PS6IMG.zip" without quotation marks. Put it on root of external sd and boot into download mode.

Follow instructions.... remember to remove file from external storage. Also, when the phone powers down it WON'T reboot by itself, you need to use power button to reboot.

Edit.... make sure the file only has one "zip" in file name.

I'm using the exe ruu as I couldn't find a zip as the links in the post you shared didn't work

Kisakuku

Oct 31, 2011
WWE 2.41.401.41
PERFUME_UHL | CID: HTC__001 / HTC__002 / HTC__016 / HTC__034 / HTC__A07 / HTC__J15 / HTC__M27 | MID: 2PS620000

Rotten Ross

Aug 11, 2011
Guys, this is not a thread about "where can I find a RUU, how to use it and how to back to stock".

thanks for your input but you reply is far more not suitable for this thread than the ones you are moaning about, I'm really grateful for everyone who has helped me solve this problem and I get that this might not be the thread for that but i'd googled to get the answers first and found no help even the Stock backup thread was no help as I flashed the recovery from that thread and it didn't work, so I came here asked for help and got what I needed to sort the problem, if that's not what these forums are for then what the hell are they for?

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
thanks for your input but you reply is far more not suitable for this thread than the ones you are moaning about, I'm really grateful for everyone who has helped me solve this problem and I get that this might not be the thread for that but i'd googled to get the answers first and found no help even the Stock backup thread was no help as I flashed the recovery from that thread and it didn't work, so I came here asked for help and got what I needed to sort the problem, if that's not what these forums are for then what the hell are they for?

There is a dedicated Q&A section no?

Sent from a Glade Plugin. ;)

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Disruptor4

Dec 10, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
2.41.401.3 > 2.41.401.41 ~ 430MB
2.41.401.4 > 2.41.401.41 ~ 290MB

So update size depends on your previous firmware number, if anyone wonder why there are differences.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs
I assumed that, but personally am just curious how the 140MB is made up. Was the .3 to .4 update approx that? I guess maybe additional files had to be modified to bring them in line with each other which caused it. I'm not very knowledgeable with this stuff.
One thing I did notice when updating to 41 was that the whole process took longer than I expected from previous updates. It would sit at the HTC logo with powered by Android for several minutes without looking like it was doing much. It works now though so no complaints! Now to wait for further security updates and Android O! :)

Rotten Ross

Aug 11, 2011
There is a dedicated Q&A section no?

Sent from a Glade Plugin. ;)

Again more useless input. The q&a section on here is fairly useless like the search button. I used that feature and didn't get the answer then I asked in this thread and got the help i needed,. I get to some people it might be a pain in the ass but if someone gets the help they need why ***** an moan?

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
Again more useless input. The q&a section on here is fairly useless like the search button. I used that feature and didn't get the answer then I asked in this thread and got the help i needed,. I get to some people it might be a pain in the ass but if someone gets the help they need why ***** an moan?
I keep only ontopic stuff.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV

Ummm maybe because there is 200 pages of useless nonsense in the "update" thread which makes it a PITA for others to find what they are looking for...make sense? Probably not... lol

ced357

Feb 13, 2009
BZH
Why did HTC put new game in update ??? On 250 mb ... 90 mb is for final fantasy ? 1503639879198.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that I have everyones attention...

This thread has turned into a cesspool of nonsense, I own this device and it's getting old having to sift through 80 pages of BS to find what I'm looking for.

This IS the Update thread.. Please stay on topic only make posts relevant to updates.
    This IS NOT the complaint thread...please take those post elsewhere...maybe someone can open a Complaint thread in the General section.
    This IS NOT a Q&A/Help me thread, there is a whole Q&A section for those posts. Also there is an n00b Friendly Ask any question thread for those posts.
    This IS NOT an Off Topic thread, please take those posts elsewhere.

To be respectful to everyone please stay on topic.

From this post on, anything not update related will be removed.

Another option would be to leave this thread for the nonsense and have a new pristine Update thread opened...if we go this route I would like to ask @Kisakuku to undertake this as he/she is on top of all the update that come out almost immediately.

Thanks for understanding and carry on,
    Sloth
    Don't read it then. It's not bothering anyone is it.

Firstly, you're trolling... so your post does not belong here.
    Never getting a HTC ....

Secondly, unless earbuds have started getting OTA updates...your post does not belong here.

Thirdly, not only am I a Moderator but I am a owner/user of the HTC 10 and I know I can't be the only one that's tired of reading through 80 pages of BS just like the stuff you posted, to find something relevant.

Fourthly if you don't have anything relevant to this thread to contribute please move along.
    HTC US Unlocked Oreo RUU 3.16.617.2_R3

U.S. Unlocked HTC 10 Oreo
    3.16.617.2_R3

This is Full signed/Encrypted RUU Zip for 3.16.617.2 Revision 3

Download:
    2PS6IMG_PERFUME_WL_O80[email protected]60322_CNV_0.77_002_release_520336_combined_signed_2.zip

ENJOY!
    :good:

Lets not discuss the importance of updates here. People who spend over 500€/500$ should not be worried about getting the most essential support by their manufacturer - security patches. Not receiving any updates for over 6 months is just not understandable, when the US customers are receiving them - period! No problem when HTC communicates such problems with their paying customers. But just leaving them with chat-bot answers is not enough. I paid hundreds of € to be in the circle of top tier customers and not to feel like I bought a phone from a noname manufacturer from China.
    And one more question: those people who updated to official oreo have the same fused and production flags. Anyone knows something about that?

This keeps being asked, so I will go ahead and post here more information then you probably want. :p

Fused is simply the new emulated storage handler, instead of Vold/Vfat/Fat32
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    df
    As you'll see, Disk Free reveals this "new" entry: (available space will vary per device obviously)

/dev/fuse 192205824 29026176 163179648 16% /storage/0E14-125B

Google decided to use FUSE as a frontend to actual data stored on the non-volatile memory. (initially introduced in Android 4.4/AOSP)
    This kind of partition was needed because of compatibility reasons.
    The applications can store data no matter if it's internal or external flash.
    In case of storing data on external SD cards, system has to deal usually with FAT32 filesystem. FAT32 is quite different than EXT4 used by Android internally.
    For instance, it's not case sensitive and doesn't handle discretionary access control.
    Because of adding more Android specific permissions, Google decided to use FUSE to emulate FAT32.
    FUSE support is enabled in the kernel. Complementarily, there is a userspace daemon called "sdcard".
    On boot, the sdcard daemon mounts a /dev/fuse device to the emulated directory.
    After that, it polls the FUSE device waiting for messages from the kernel.

There is actually a lot happening with this emulation.
    This is because each file operation will now work in a following way:
    • Userspace application issues a system call that will be handled by the FUSE driver in kernel
    • FUSE driver in the kernel notifies the userspace daemon (sdcard) about the new request
    • Userspace daemon reads /dev/fuse
    • Userspace daemon parses command and recognizes file operation (ex. open)
    • Userspace daemon issues system call to the actual filesystem (EXT4)
    • Kernel handles physical data access and sends data back to the userspace
    • Userspace modifies (or not) data and passes it through /dev/fuse to kernel again
    • Kernel completes original system call and moves data to the actual userspace application

So, now seeing Fused in bootloader is completely normal for Oreo on the HTC 10.
    Hope that helps clear that up some. :good: