HTC 10 Verizon root thread

Search This thread

thumper_ss

Jan 7, 2011
just a quick question im in the process of ordering a htc 10 and was wondering the turn around time for the s-off if i mail it into the developers

bluedimensional123

Sep 4, 2011
nashville
hey all,

i just wanted to check in, before i root my 10. This thread is quite long, so i cannot read every page of it :p.

i just got a replacement 10, so it's stock. Is it still the best option to use sunshine apk, to S-OFF / unlock bootloader?

upon launching sunshine apk, i get the message "on encrypted HTC devices running 6.x or 7.x with encrypted userdata, unlocking the bootloader will corrupt the encryption key. (and so on...)" i just wanted to make sure this message still applies, as mine has 8.1 Oreo.

i just like to be totally sure as i have made massive mistakes in the past! Do i want to choose "S-OFF/LOCKED" option?
jUTxw3UW4jgeG3HAA

cheers!

Tarima

Mar 26, 2011
Montreal
hey all,

i just wanted to check in, before i root my 10. This thread is quite long, so i cannot read every page of it :p.

i just got a replacement 10, so it's stock. Is it still the best option to use sunshine apk, to S-OFF / unlock bootloader?

upon launching sunshine apk, i get the message "on encrypted HTC devices running 6.x or 7.x with encrypted userdata, unlocking the bootloader will corrupt the encryption key. (and so on...)" i just wanted to make sure this message still applies, as mine has 8.1 Oreo.

i just like to be totally sure as i have made massive mistakes in the past! Do i want to choose "S-OFF/LOCKED" option?

cheers!
If you have a Verizon 10 on Oreo you cannot use the apk to s-off. You have to mail it to the Sunshine team

bluedimensional123

Sep 4, 2011
nashville
If you have a Verizon 10 on Oreo you cannot use the apk to s-off. You have to mail it to the Sunshine team
ok, thanks! i am glad i asked, and definitely need to do that!

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

can you link me to that info?

dancerobot

Aug 14, 2009
Montreal
I have a verizon HTC 10 with 6.0.1, software version 1.19.605.22. I understand that if we are on nougat, the mail in option is the way to go. However, as I am still on Marshmallow, I am wondering if it is possible to downgrade to 1.85.605.8 ?

When trying to flash the RUU I get the error "error: cannot load..."

It seems like most of the instructions assume either 1.85.605.9 needs to be downgraded or nougat. Wondering if I should keep working on 1.19.605.22 :)

Edit: it seems to be working via physical SD card, it was just the fastboot push that was not working.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts