HTC accelerometer for tg01 is coming!

Search This thread

wangzhee

Apr 22, 2007
hi ,i made a dll that translates TG01 accelerometer data into HTC's,it works well in most game about accelerometer .
How to use it : put the dll file to windows folder.
Resco Bubbles is the test game!!

Attachments

• HTCSensorSDK.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 1,060
Last edited:

phillmydiamond

Mar 11, 2009
you sir are a genius, brilliant little mod. resco works good. just a little question though, is there any way to increase the sensitivity? i have calibrated it in-game and with windows 6.5 but it seem that if i tilit it left then right it takes a few seconds for the momentum to stop and the ball to turn back.

other than that, your .dll is great, good work

JoeHawkins609

Oct 1, 2009
Great :)

Works :) but as the last post said there is a minor delay going from left to right, im testing GLESBoing (doodle jump like game).

wangzhee

Apr 22, 2007
i have calibrated it in-game and with windows 6.5 but it seem that if i tilit it left then right it takes a few seconds for the momentum to stop and the ball to turn back.

i test this problem ,i find the TG01 G_sensor data have more fluctuation(or noise) than HTC diamond .when the mobile phone comes to a standstill,TG01 data fluctuation about 0.020g,but HTC diamond about 0.002g, i don't know what caused this problem,Toshiba's driver or TG01 accelerometer chip?

Zipu

Feb 26, 2010
Great work, but in Omnia (first version) HTCemu is much better. May be sensor in Omnia is better, but i don't think so. We have a lot of job...

phillmydiamond

Mar 11, 2009
i test this problem ,i find the TG01 G_sensor data have more fluctuation(or noise) than HTC diamond .when the mobile phone comes to a standstill,TG01 data fluctuation about 0.020g,but HTC diamond about 0.002g, i don't know what caused this problem,Toshiba's driver or TG01 accelerometer chip?

i just tried changing the .net from 3.5 to 2.0 and it seemed to have it made it more eratic in the menu display and i felt like it was less floppy in the game, may just have been me on my tg01 but it may lend itself to something .net is setup as to how fast the g-sensor gets processed?

if it was a htc one then its generally accepted code but if its a custom/unknown one then the commands would/might be different and may need interpreting before they even get close to doing something, causing a delay.
can we probe the chip to see what it actually accepts somehow? like you can on modems?

DavidStrange

May 16, 2009
It is rather good

Hello chaps,

So far the program seems very functional. The only thing I've tried that doesn't work is Sensormaze. Marble Worlds 2 and NFS have been transformed.

Many thanks once again.

Cheers,
David.

wangzhee

Apr 22, 2007
i just tried changing the .net from 3.5 to 2.0 and it seemed to have it made it more eratic in the menu display and i felt like it was less floppy in the game, may just have been me on my tg01 but it may lend itself to something .net is setup as to how fast the g-sensor gets processed?

if it was a htc one then its generally accepted code but if its a custom/unknown one then the commands would/might be different and may need interpreting before they even get close to doing something, causing a delay.
can we probe the chip to see what it actually accepts somehow? like you can on modems?

i think .net influences the game speed rather than my driver or tg01 driver,because my driver is based on win32 having nothing to do with .net,and tg01 driver can not work under the .net. But i will test it .

actually,it is not delay ,it's just a bit of out of control .
the next work is trying to bypass the Toshiba's own driver and read the chips data directly to see it ,but is hard for me.

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Good job...
i tried Gpad... works too...
G sensor is recignized... but Xtract.exe still doesn't work... maybe because version 2...

other keep it up !! Good Work...
Looks so gooodddd... :D

phillmydiamond

Mar 11, 2009
i think .net influences the game speed rather than my driver or tg01 driver,because my driver is based on win32 having nothing to do with .net,and tg01 driver can not work under the .net. But i will test it .

actually,it is not delay ,it's just a bit of out of control .
the next work is trying to bypass the Toshiba's own driver and read the chips data directly to see it ,but is hard for me.

not sure if this helps but i was looking at the qualcomm website and it said the hardware supports windows & linux so could we not pull a linux driver and wrap it up so it can be used by win32? or even comparing the different drivers against other snapdragon based devices to see if we can pull a nugget to help us?

also i remember seeing a reg setting for the g-sensor and the dword was 101,i increased it on my device to 200 a while ago and it did nothing but crash my tg01, im going to try again with smaller increments and see if there is any change in anything. is there any programs around to monitor the responsiveness of the sensor directly on the device in realtime?