[htc cruise 2009] Wired Remote Control RC E100 not recognized

Search This thread

kamelus

May 6, 2008
hi
i've bought some months a wired remote control RC E100

here is the product description http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=154771

The first time i've connected this to my touch cruise 2 iolite, the audio worked well but not the music control button

is it a soft problem or a hard problem ?

after contacting the HTC support team they told me that the touch cruise IOLITE is not compatible with this remote Control, for me this answer is curious

any one have a solution ?

thanks for you help

torrentonly

Jan 25, 2008
kamelus: It depends, how it works. If it is using some builtin drivers, which are present in some HTC devices and not in Iolite, it will not work on Iolite by default. Anyway, on that page you linked is possible to download drivers for that remote control. Did you try to install them?

kamelus

May 6, 2008
kamelus: It depends, how it works. If it is using some builtin drivers, which are present in some HTC devices and not in Iolite, it will not work on Iolite by default. Anyway, on that page you linked is possible to download drivers for that remote control. Did you try to install them?

Hi Torrentonly
thanks for your answer

yes i've downloaded the file found on the expansys web page
but i found many cabs in this file i ve tried to install them without success

it's so curious for me that some htc accessories work only with previous version of phone and are not compatible with the recent produc

torrentonly

Jan 25, 2008
kamelus: Well, it is because they are using their ExtUSB connector for everything. It has limited amount of pins, so usually classic USB pins and audio/microphone pins are same all the time. Rest of them are used for other stuff like video, remote control, etc.

Btw. Many CABs in that file? I downloaded and extracted it to the bones and only four CABs are in it. Three for Artemis (DOPOD, TMO, OTHER) and one for Trinity device. Personally I might try Trinity driver, soft reset and look, if it will work.

kamelus

May 6, 2008
kamelus: Well, it is because they are using their ExtUSB connector for everything. It has limited amount of pins, so usually classic USB pins and audio/microphone pins are same all the time. Rest of them are used for other stuff like video, remote control, etc.

Btw. Many CABs in that file? I downloaded and extracted it to the bones and only four CABs are in it. Three for Artemis (DOPOD, TMO, OTHER) and one for Trinity device. Personally I might try Trinity driver, soft reset and look, if it will work.

thanks for your answer
i will try it

kamelus

May 6, 2008
dont work

hi torrentnly

i've tried what yu said with trinity drivers but nothing changed the remote still dont work

torrentonly

Jan 25, 2008
I've made some googling and found, that there are more problems with this remote control than anyone might accept. It might work with TF3D devices only. You also should try to assing remote buttons to some actions in your favourite player.

I can't help you more with that, because I don't have possibility to try that remote control on my device. Sorry.

kamelus

May 6, 2008
thanks for your help torrentonly

I've made some googling and found, that there are more problems with this remote control than anyone might accept. It might work with TF3D devices only. You also should try to assing remote buttons to some actions in your favourite player.

I can't help you more with that, because I don't have possibility to try that remote control on my device. Sorry.

thank you guy for your help i know that you can't help me more than that

i will try to find a solution in an other way
if i find it i will post it to share

thks