HTC Cube OpenGL (SCLPC++ 0-051)(Coded from scratch in C++)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Chewbacca-66

Sep 19, 2008
Has anyone else tried this on a HTC Diamond?

It works, only the resolution is set to 320x240, where the diamond has a screen resolution of 640x480...so the cube appears very small in the top left corner...
(i think that's the problem)

does anyone have a solution for this?

Thnx

Last edited:

davemckelvey

Aug 30, 2007
Just wanted to say a big thank you

Fully understand the home life thing hey but u've made a whole load of peoples lifes better (and their phones last longer). I got my phone for free coz it was broken, so i had no quams about messing with the ROM. I run WM6.1 and now my apache looks and feels grreat thanks to u bro. I'm just a poor student so donating is a bit tough for me but one day I might just buy the app for when I buy a new phone in a few year's time

Cheers again

laverda

Jul 24, 2007
Cube v TouchFLO3D

Hi all,
I just upgraded from a Tytn II to a HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) and have to say that having now had a little time to play with the included TouchFLO3D on the Raphael I absolutley prefer Slithers Cube in functionality and simplicity.

Of course it doesn't run full screen on the Raphael due to the higher resolution but if ever the cube gets modified to run on VGA devices I will be making the switch back to the cube.

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
where the diamond has a screen resolution of 640x480

Firstly the diamond resolution is 480x640.

secondly

so the cube appears very small in the top left corner...
(i think that's the problem)

this isnt a problem, this shows that the app is working perfectly on the diamond only the graphics are sized incorrectly.

I am on diamond too, i was wondering if you have had anymore sucess getting this to work?

@ Slither2006 is there anything i could do to get this up to 480x640? i have read alot of this thread and the general concencus is that this is much better than touchflo 3d.

if there is anything i can do (inc donations if it takes it ;)) to get this to the diamond screen res

makingmesick

Aug 31, 2007
@ Slither2006 is there anything i could do to get this up to 480x640? i have read alot of this thread and the general concencus is that this is much better than touchflo 3d.

if there is anything i can do (inc donations if it takes it ;)) to get this to the diamond screen res

Here here. I second this motion. I just got a touch pro and after about 15 minutes, i killed tflo 3d. all eye candy, but not very useful. at least not for me.

I miss my touch cube. i installed your QVGA cube on my mogul and abolutely loved it. Would it be possible to get a VGA cube made for the pro / diamond? Pretty please?

Slither2006

May 19, 2007
The Outback
Re-Write coming this xmas!

Sorry for the HUUUUGGGEEEE delay. I'm back and will re-write the app AGAIN....lolol.

I'll be making two versions, one for VGA and one for QVGA users.

It'll start off basic and my aim is to make the code better written and designed so changes in the future can be made more easily.

Thanks for your support! :)

Regards,

Steve.

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Whohoooooo

Sorry for the HUUUUGGGEEEE delay. I'm back and will re-write the app AGAIN....lolol.

It'll start off basic and my aim is to make the code better written and designed so changes in the future can be made more easily.

Regards,

Steve.

Welcome back...
Hope all is well with you and your family.
Great news, been waiting for a stable rewrite with your latest improvements.
Keep up the good work!!!

Faher

Mar 13, 2008

Regards,

Steve.
Woooohoooow ! Welcome...Back here :)

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane

Regards,

Steve.

glad to see ur back, cant wait to try ur cube!

JAMILU007

Apr 1, 2007

Regards,

Steve.

Hi Esteve,
I am very glad that he is among us, this means that everything is solved at home, I hope will happen.
I want you to know who has my full support to rewrite the new chart SCLPC.
My most cordial greetings.

Slither2006

May 19, 2007
The Outback
Glad to be back

Thanks guys,

I'm glad to be able to dedicate myself once more on this project.

I'll be discussing coding & design with a top designer I know today hopefully and he might be able to give me some good insight as to how I can improve.

Just be aware that the UI will start off basic once more but this version will offer be more ui-modding friendly.

Regards,

Steve.

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Sounds good....

Thanks guys,

I'm glad to be able to dedicate myself once more on this project.

I'll be discussing coding & design with a top designer I know today hopefully and he might be able to give me some good insight as to how I can improve.

Just be aware that the UI will start off basic once more but this version will offer be more ui-modding friendly.

Regards,

Steve.

Know this is probably a long shot, but any e.t.a. on the first beta's?
Looking forward to using your cube again.
Gave it up because of the multiple instances, but really liked it.

Slither2006

May 19, 2007
The Outback
Hi p50kombi,

I'm hoping to have something for you guys to tinker with by xmas.

Just remember that since I'm re-writiting the code properly this time there will be less features than SCLPC++ 0.51.

Another thing is that I'll be renaming this version something more human readable...lol.

And to make things clear for all :

"All versions released on this thread are free! Everyone is a beta tester and there are no restrictions!"

Regards,

Steve.
YOU ALL

laverda

Jul 24, 2007
Welcome back Slither

Great to hear you are back on deck Slither.

Will you still be working on including the 'top' side of the cube as a 'Today' screen with clock, appointments, call log and sms notification etc?

For me, this is the only thing missing from the original cube.

Mick

Slither2006

May 19, 2007
The Outback
Hi laverda,

I have the code that provides those functions in my last proof of concept design from months ago but writing a nice class to make proper use of it can be tricky.

I'll definitely keep it in mind but will try and build a solid code foundation first before moving onto the bells & whistles.

Regards,

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd guess making graphical effects like 3D style animations or fading is far more easy with a library like edgelib.
    Doing the cube animation in the current MortButtons beta with simple BitBlt/StretchBlt commands took me some time and nerves, and the result is far from a real 3D animation...
    Well, and DirectX isn't quite easy, requires DevStudio 2005 for the developer and at least WM5 for the user...

There is no "3D animation", it's just blitting based on the big png file, and the fact that the FPS sucks (even if actually pseudo 3D should be decent on any device, and produce far better result, based on the flip effect I've made for PCM). And fade effect is as complicated a substracting two number.
    Hi!

Started reading this thread and read and read and read... until i realized that it was over 100 pages long ;)

Anyway, I saw that many people have requested/asked for/humbly begged for a VGA version... I join that choir and humbly ask you to create a Cube that will work for VGA-devices.

Best regards,
    Anders