HTC Desire cooked ROM based on WWE India 2.13.720.1

Search This thread

scienty

Nov 15, 2010
Bangalore
First of all, thanks to all the great modders and supportive forum members who shared knowledge to understand android and build this ROM.

This ROM is based on froyo 2.2, software version 2.12.720.1, which is the latest release in India with the hand set.

This is my first ROM cooked. Browsing lots of threads in this forum and understanding the great work done by lots of people in XDA. Please bare with me in case there are some in-convinces.

Note: As usual, I am not held responsible for any kind of damage caused due to this posing and it's applicability. Please do it on your own risk as I did myslef. You loose the warranty on your desire if you flash custom ROM.

Assumptions:

You have a rooted HTC desire phone. and this software version is most applicable for folks in India. Language supported is only EN_US

Mods:

-- please wipe data, cache, sd-ext before flashing this ROM from your recovery menu. take your backup data.

1. boot.img based on [ROM] [15/11] Pre-rooted Stock Froyo (2.10.405.2) [Optional mods]
thanks to teppic74 and he deserves the credit for letting us understand each mod.
2. software version 2.13.720.1 original Sense ROM.
3. Kernel Version 2.6.32.15 original HTC kernel and the name in software information in phone remains the same. (please don't ever do a OTA update even if it is possible)
4. powersave, interactive and conservative CPU governor's installed. Default is conservative. Please use CPU Tuner application from android market to make full use of this feature.
5. tun.ko patched for open vpn connectivity. please use either "open VPN Settings" or "VPN Connections" applications as it is suitable to your needs to exploit this application.
6. UI is HTC sense and patched with reboot option in power menu.
7. Superuser.apk is updated to latest and su is latest available
8. A2SD patch (not A2SD+) patched. you need to have ext3 partition to use this feature (ext4 is not supported), if you dont create ext3 partition in your SD card, this will not be applicable but the ROM should still work fine. only /data/app/*.apk are moved to SD card, dalvik-cache still remains at ROM
9. Applications in /data/app
com.adobe.flashplayer.apk
com.htc.rosiewidgets.quickrecord.apk
com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk
DSPManager.apk (system already patched, credits to author)
Facebook.apk
HtcFacebook.apk
HTC_IME_hi22.apk (modified keyboard, credits to the author)
Maps.apk
PDFViewer.apk (can be uninstalled and install Adobe reader)
Quickoffice.apk
Street.apk
Talk.apk
teeter.apk
10. Some of the social networking applications removed (sorry, my taste) you can still edit it using dsidxa kitchen and add your applications from original rom. Sorry, I forgot the exact names of applications. some, tweeter, app share, firendster, pulk(am I spelling it correctly :) etc..
11. UI is almost close to the official Sense
12. kernel module cifs.ko is included, install cifs manager application or any other file manager which supports Samba Share (cifs share) to use it. Personally cifs manager application worked well but not "linda file manager"
13. fuse.ko module included for dalvik cache optimisation
14. nls_utf8.ko module included for utf8 char support for cifs
15. undervolt.ko module included
16. perflock_disable3215.ko module included for CPU clock unlocking
17. cfq-iosched.ko module included for CFQ scheduling
18. boot animation is changed to "ANDROID" animation (I did not like changing this initially but later felt, what is wrong doing this after changing lots of other stuff)
19. /system/etc/hosts moved to /data/etc/hosts to use with "add block" application

many more which I forgot.

Some of the applications like ROMManager, DSP Manager, VPN Connections has to be installed separately from market.

I am just trying to share the my own taste with the community hoping it might be helpful to some one. Till now the ROM is working fine for me on my Desire. I might not be able to help you guys immediately as I occasionally visit the forum in my spare time. Please bare with me.

For complete information on how to root your phone and how to flash the ROM, please see the forum sticky threads(this is how I learnt, kudos to the moderators)

My desire details:

HBoot: 0.93
Recovery: Clockwork recovery rooted using unrevoked tool
Radio: 32.44.00.** and it also worked with 32.49.**.**( I guess )

Special applications I have:

AdFree
Adobe Reader
AnkiDroid
Call confirm
ColorDict
Compass
CPU tuner
DSPManager
Gggles
Google Sky Map
Linda Manager
Meebo IM
Open VPN Settings
RealPlayer
SayMyName
Spare Parts
Titanium Backup
VPN Connections
Voice Search

I will attach the file soon and share the link below.
Thanks and credits to all the modders and forum members who shared their knowledge to make this happen.

do +1 if you like my work.

once again special thanks to NeoPhyTe.x360 , paul and teppic74 (many more which I did not track)

Download link: http://www.multiupload.com/5291UMCKN5

Last edited:

scienty

Nov 15, 2010
Bangalore
Screen shots

Here you go. This rom was intended for best battery and the quadrant benchmark done when battery was well charged with no power cable connected. Well, I need to connect USB cable to take these screen shots after the benchmark is done.

Attachments

• appdraw.jpg
    appdraw.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 91
  • benchmark.jpg
    benchmark.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 90
  • home.jpg
    home.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 73
  • notif.jpg
    notif.jpg