HTC Desire HD - Froyo - 2.6.32 kernel source released

bartieboy

Jan 24, 2010
Great news. New challenges for the guys, my guess is that they will love this.

And we all love/appreciate the work they doing. It´s a Win - Win : )

MrDroopy

Feb 1, 2010
Theoretically it should be not much more than finding the references to the HD camera sensor (S5K3H1GX) and make sure that the HD2 sensor (s5k3e2fx) is referenced there. The source for the HD2 sensor is available in the published kernel source. Now we only need a cook to do it. ;)

Veldmuus

Mar 23, 2010
raalte
www.scsalland.nl
:) first want to see that they have published whole kernel and not everything except the camera ( i know they are watching us ) and ofcourse they dont like it if we finish the build :D.

waiting patiently for :p the devs and hope they fix it soon :D

GL

steve austin

Feb 6, 2009
ok, a noob question, but with this release can developers now make a ROM that can replace windows mobile on the device memory or does this just fix minor glitches like the camera? if this relese does NOT do this wht will it take for us to have a rom that no longer has to be used from the memory card? thanks in advance.

MrDroopy

Feb 1, 2010
:) first want to see that they have published whole kernel and not everything except the camera ( i know they are watching us ) and ofcourse they dont like it if we finish the build :D.

waiting patiently for :p the devs and hope they fix it soon :D

GL
Camera stuff seems in there allright. I already had a quick peek.

ok, a noob question, but with this release can developers now make a ROM that can replace windows mobile on the device memory or does this just fix minor glitches like the camera? if this relese does NOT do this wht will it take for us to have a rom that no longer has to be used from the memory card? thanks in advance.
No, this will not enable the NAND procedure. Actually, what gain do you expect from that except faster booting? The current SD version is a bit slower on startup but changing and upgrading is a breeze compared to NAND and you can have multiple versions installed and even the option to boot WM if you really feel the urge. With a fast SD card I doubt that Android will run much faster in flash mem.

So if you really prefer Android in firmware you will have to wait until the chefs are ready cooking this version (which probably should happen in the next month or so)

taddzio

Sep 27, 2010
Warsaw
No, this will not enable the NAND procedure. Actually, what gain do you expect from that except faster booting? The current SD version is a bit slower on startup but changing and upgrading is a breeze compared to NAND and you can have multiple versions installed and even the option to boot WM if you really feel the urge. With a fast SD card I doubt that Android will run much faster in flash mem.
I do not fully understand what is the difference between NAND and SD boot. Is it really the case that after the boot system is sitting in the NAND... or maybe simpler Yes/No question:
After the NAND boot system is in THE SAME STATE as after the SD boot. The ONLY difference is that I have Android folder on SD card? (YES/NO)

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone