HTC DLX Spec and Speculation Thread

ANDR0lD

Jun 14, 2011
Hey all,
As some of you may have heard, there are lots of leaks about an exciting new 5" HTC "phablet" coming to Verizon. This phone will have some wicked specs if the sources I have seen are correct. This thread will concern anything really to do with the DLX including specs, pros and cons, discussion about any of the aspects of the phone/ release date, news, and speculation of any of the previously mentioned topics (also including pricing). I will try my best to maintain this thread and update it daily as new information and leaks role out.

Note: the " press shot" above was originally said to be a rendering done by a fan however previous statements say otherwise

What we THINK we know so far:

[Name]: Droid Incredible X (DLX) In Verizon's system as HTC ADR6435LVW

~SPECS~
(remember, not all of these specs are set in stone...they are subject to change)
[Display]:
-1080 x 1920 Resolution
-5" diagonal display
-441 PPI

[Processor]:
-Qualcomm S4 Quad-Core 1.5Ghz

[RAM]:
-1.5GB

[Storage]:
-Up to 64GB Internal on board (if nexus 5 rumours are true)
-micro sd slot is probably a no go if it is a nexus

[Battery]:
-2,500 mah
-non-removability

[OS]
-4.1.2 JB

[Camera(s)]:
-12mp back facing
-2mp front facing

[Network]:
-Verizon 4G LTE
-Voice and Data

[GPU]:
-Adreno 320 GPU

[Misc]:
-LED on back and front of phone
-fingers crossed for more than two colors

~NEWS~
(News towards top is latest)

BREAKING:
HTC DLX Specs confirmed by Football

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...1080p-443-ppi-5-inch-smartphone-displays.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...droid-incredible-x-will-google-nexus-5-a.html
http://htcsource.com/2012/09/rumor-htc-using-droid-incredible-x-as-base-for-google-nexus-5/
Verizon Roadmap Shows HTC 8x and Droid Incredible X Scheduled for November Launch
Update: 5-inch HTC Phone Revealed in Press Shot as the HTC One X 5
Exclusive: 5-inch HTC DIx Phablet to Feature Quad-Core Processor, 1.5GB of RAM and 16GB of Internal Storage
Front Side of HTC's New Phablet Gets Leaked
HTC's 5-inch Phablet Device Makes an Appearance in Verizon's Inventory System
Two Leaked Images Reveal Mystery Android Powered HTC Phone

~PRICE~
Nothing is yet known about pricing.

~RELEASE DATE~
Supposedly in November however take this with a grain of salt. A user with a reliable inside source says late October.

Last edited:

ANDR0lD

Jun 14, 2011
Battery is my only question. That 1080p screen should be sipping juice like there's no tomorrow and I'll only get it if it has good battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
My thoughts exactly, sufficient battery life is really what I'm concerned about so far. Still excited about the overall awesomeness of the phone though :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Po1soNNN

Mar 18, 2012
Greater Hartford Area, CT
Well I'm concerned about no sd slot, really? That's a deal breaker. Along with no removable battery? Come on htc its not all about screen size and processor speed :/ not impressed.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
I personally don't give a crap about removable storage. Even with my music library my sd card isn't even 2gb but it is filled with old nandroid backups I should delete. -.-

ANDR0lD

Jun 14, 2011
Well I'm concerned about no sd slot, really? That's a deal breaker. Along with no removable battery? Come on htc its not all about screen size and processor speed :/ not impressed.

I was originally concerned too however I've never been able to use up 10GB on a device, that's with 100 albums of music, of 600 photos, 40 apps, and 2 or three roms, I'm not too concerned

Edit: My mentor Charlie also mentioned that you can use an OTG USB cable if your real concerned :) also these specs are not set in stone yet so anything can happen :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Po1soNNN

blestsol

Jul 24, 2010
Baltimore
No sd slot.. No removable battery, only 16 gb.. They're holding out. My old atrix had 16gb of space. And a sd slot. Pass sadly. I miss htcs build.

Gs3

ANDR0lD

Jun 14, 2011
No sd slot.. No removable battery, only 16 gb.. They're holding out. My old atrix had 16gb of space. And a sd slot. Pass sadly. I miss htcs build.

Gs3
I am a little concerned too about battery but I'm faithful they will put a good sized one in there if they don't make it removable

ANDR0lD

Jun 14, 2011
Added GPU type- courtesy of our awesome dev Joelz!

Edit: added correct PPI value- Joelz again!

Last edited:

retepdgp

Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
Hey, at least it will be able to do voice and data simultaneously, unlike the iPhone 5. Also, there's going to be a led notification light on the back, as well as front. Kind of cool.

Reactions: GrayBoltWolf

tehknics

Sep 17, 2010
I hope that it can also do voice and data on 3G like the Rezound and the Thunderbolt. I use it a lot for work.