HTC Dot View w/o case possible?

Search This thread

droid_legacy

Feb 16, 2012
Trier
Hey guys,

somehow I actually don't like the Dot View Case but woudl really like to take advantage of the Dot View functionality.
So my question here is (since I could not find a topic related to this) wheter it is possible to add the ability to use Dot View screen (by e.g. double tapping screen)
without the case. Since this is done by some kind of magnetic detection should it be possible to do this by software or kernel modification.

Any ideas about this by people how got some knowledge about this is highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

U

UniversalKID

Hey guys,

somehow I actually don't like the Dot View Case but woudl really like to take advantage of the Dot View functionality.
So my question here is (since I could not find a topic related to this) wheter it is possible to add the ability to use Dot View screen (by e.g. double tapping screen)
without the case. Since this is done by some kind of magnetic detection should it be possible to do this by software or kernel modification.

Any ideas about this by people how got some knowledge about this is highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Not yet. Limited features for DotView. Basics for now, no such mods.

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 5, 2006
Bavaria, close to Munich
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Well, you can at least use the features with ANOTHER case than the dotview. You can take the magnet from dotview-case and fix it to some other case that has a cover for the screen.
I guess that is not what you intended. Additionally a dotview display watched without the cover is ugly, to say the least.

loonatik78

Feb 20, 2011
Well, you can at least use the features with ANOTHER case than the dotview. You can take the magnet from dotview-case and fix it to some other case that has a cover for the screen.
I guess that is not what you intended. Additionally a dotview display watched without the cover is ugly, to say the least.

Yeah... I'll agree with this. It's NOT dots. It's giant colored squares designed to shine through the holes in the case.

xFajitas

Nov 3, 2012
I'd like to have a 8bit screen ,can't find a way to have it activated without using a dotview case (don't like how they look) .I just want it as my lockscreen ,looks cool [emoji14]

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
I'd like to have a 8bit screen ,can't find a way to have it activated without using a dotview case (don't like how they look) .I just want it as my lockscreen ,looks cool [emoji14]

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Turn on dotview, and activate it with a magnet, I suppose.