HTC Evo 3D security update

Search This thread

Nitemar3

Jun 10, 2010
Sydney
Today i was checking if their was any new updates for my phone and this came up.

This new software contains an important security update. HTC strongly urges you to immediately download and install the update.
-System upgrade 1.23.862.4 (9.41MB)

Should i update ?

Febby

May 19, 2010
Nitemar3 said:
Today i was checking if their was any new updates for my phone and this came up.

This new software contains an important security update. HTC strongly urges you to immediately download and install the update.
-System upgrade 1.23.862.4 (9.41MB)

Should i update ?

If it is the new update just wait.. the devs will check it out :)

r0cky0790

Oct 1, 2010
Chicago
Why bother? Whatever update HTC pushes out im sure the developer for whatever rom your using will update it. You should know not to take system updates also. Especially if your on a root exploit cooked up by known developers.

私の"DU4L C0R3 SH00T3Rは"³Dであなたを撃墜!トゥパックをねじ込みます 。
"AOSPのBACK!" ┌П┐[◣_◢]┌П┐

empiire

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 15, 2011
CO
I'd let TrevE rip that security update apart first. I'm sure it's the android.permission.INTERNET security breach thing.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
I don't have any updates available. Could you download the update and post it here? Thanks.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

nihalvm

Hi, i also got the update. But after downloading when i Select install now, the phone reboots and goes into a screen which shows a blue android with an exlamation point on top.

I am have unlocked bootloader(htc method) and using revolutionary recovery.

For some reason its not installing.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA App

J

JohnM

Hi, i also got the update. But after downloading when i Select install now, the phone reboots and goes into a screen which shows a blue android with an exlamation point on top.

I am have unlocked bootloader(htc method) and using revolutionary recovery.

For some reason its not installing.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA App

Check out the link in my signature.

TrevE

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2007
androidsecuritytest.com
well this looks good - they deleted this crap
Code:
ui_print("Deleting specific files...");
delete_recursive("/data/data/com.htc.loggers/",
                 "/sdcard/htclog/");
   "/system/app/HtcLoggers.apk", "/system/app/HtcLoggers.odex",
       "/system/app/NetLogger.apk", "/system/app/NetLogger.odex",
       "/system/app/QXDM2SD.apk", "/system/app/QXDM2SD.odex",
       "/system/bin/androidvncserver", "/system/bin/usbnet",
       "/system/lib/libhtc_loggers.so", "/system/lib/libhtc_netlogger.so",
       "/system/lib/libhtcqxdm2sd.so",

Looks like sigs were changed and maybe a HtcLaputa update too. havent applied patches to see what else is done yet

J

JohnM

Nitemar,

I see you are trying to update with root. You can't apply updates with root. Instead, you will need to flash the updated ROM in your development section. (Evo 3D GSM development)

sacredabyss

Aug 7, 2010
Brisbane
will this patch update the hboot version as well? I'll have to ignore it if it does, I've been waiting so long for the Rev team to unlock the .00012 hboot.

Nitemar3

Jun 10, 2010
Sydney
will this patch update the hboot version as well? I'll have to ignore it if it does, I've been waiting so long for the Rev team to unlock the .00012 hboot.

i just gave up on waiting my hboot is .0013. i local rooted my evo 3d but couldnt do much. i even temp rooted it . but at the end i just used htc method and unlocked bootloader and installed custom rom. i dont think this update, updates your hboot i may be wrong but this update is to address the logger issue.

sacredabyss

Aug 7, 2010
Brisbane
i just gave up on waiting my hboot is .0013. i local rooted my evo 3d but couldnt do much. i even temp rooted it . but at the end i just used htc method and unlocked bootloader and installed custom rom. i dont think this update, updates your hboot i may be wrong but this update is to address the logger issue.

Does this update fix the friend stream widget issue? Mine friend stream always crash sense when refreshing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well this looks good - they deleted this crap
    Code:
    ui_print("Deleting specific files...");
    delete_recursive("/data/data/com.htc.loggers/",
                     "/sdcard/htclog/");
       "/system/app/HtcLoggers.apk", "/system/app/HtcLoggers.odex",
           "/system/app/NetLogger.apk", "/system/app/NetLogger.odex",
           "/system/app/QXDM2SD.apk", "/system/app/QXDM2SD.odex",
           "/system/bin/androidvncserver", "/system/bin/usbnet",
           "/system/lib/libhtc_loggers.so", "/system/lib/libhtc_netlogger.so",
           "/system/lib/libhtcqxdm2sd.so",

Looks like sigs were changed and maybe a HtcLaputa update too. havent applied patches to see what else is done yet