• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC EVO LTE 3g hack. let me know if it works for you.

Search This thread

mykeyvee

Jun 21, 2010
Ok so I did this and it helped streaming a little bit.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1632687
Then I tried something else that doubled my internet speed it may not work on non sense Roms, but you can try it.
Open your dial pad, type in *#*#4636#*#*
Edit:tap on phone information,
then go towards the bottom of the page. Tap on "set preferred network type" then select CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, then your 3g should turn off then back on. Next go towards the very bottom of the screen and there is a button that says toggle dns I believe. (Sorry, I'm on my phone so I can't check) hit that so it says 0.0.0.0 allowed. Then all you have to do is tap your home key and it'll save by itself. I have noticed that this won't stay there if you restart your phone, but once you get used to it it's pretty quick to set. I don't reboot every five minutes so it doesn't bother me. It's a small price to pay for fast internet!. My internet speed used to be about 200-300 download, now I see up to 2200Kb download.
IF THIS HELPS YOU OUT PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!! THANKS! :D

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
42579120-78c6-d84b.jpg

Last edited:

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Have you tried making call, receiving calls, send text or mms? I believe there was a thread like this when the Evo 1st came out but it turned out that the trick killed some things that made a phone a phone.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

mykeyvee

Jun 21, 2010
Have you tried making call, receiving calls, send text or mms? I believe there was a thread like this when the Evo 1st came out but it turned out that the trick killed some things that made a phone a phone.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

It kills some if you pick the wrong one. ;) figured that out right away. Pick specifically the one I listed and you should be fine. I've been running like this for about 2-3 weeks. By the way I'm on ota, dev unlocked, rooted, on viper Rom, and awesome sauce kernel.

Sorry, to answer your question...I do send and receive text and picture mail, send and receive calls (regular number and Google voice number). Now I just have really fast internet. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianBaker

Rxpert

Sep 12, 2011
Like I posted in the other thread.....

One test is not definitive.

Do 3-4 with it off, 3-4 with it on, and a couple with it off

Results page from speedtest will report multiple scores.

mykeyvee

Jun 21, 2010
This is in response to Rxprt. I have. Every day all day, truthfully, it's fast until I reboot my phone then gets slow again. then I change the setting and it doubles as soon as 3g connects.

42579053-af04-72e5.jpg

42579053-af32-46e4.jpg

42579053-af4b-6397.jpg

42579053-af6d-f2d0.jpg
42579053-af80-3ca9.jpg

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
That sounds like that menu that you go to to mess up your phone from roaming on the 850 band.

It's all a myth to me. If I can get 2500 on a rural tower but go to another and get poor speeds then nothing I do to my phone is going to change that except for roaming of course or maybe toggling in hopes to get on another carrier if the tower has more than one active and it's the air interface congested not the backhaul.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Reactions: wileout and Rxpert

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
Though changing this could in theory improve speeds in specific scenarios, its unlikely (and proven when I did a similar test on androidforums.com) that the masses will gain little if anything from these changes.

What we have confirmed is that if you are experiencing slow speeds, the cdma only setting can drastically improve them. The LTE cdma evdo setting is trying to (in some areas) connect to the enhanced cdma technology that is not yet available in most areas, thus the phone ends up on evdo or 1x speeds.

Problem is, the average user has no way of accessing the tower information to even know what areas are complete, in progress, or not effected. Thus results will vary for literally everyone.

And as mentioned, some changes there will result in loss of voice, data, text and or mms

mykeyvee

Jun 21, 2010
42579104-d753-018a.jpg

Okay, sorry didn't reply for little bit I had to power wash the parking. :-\ Anyways, the first four were done after the MOD and the bottom four were done before the mod (holding down the power button for 10 seconds and letting the phone restart at factory settings). It definitely works for me, but like it was posted earlier it may not work for everybody.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-23-20-14-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-23-20-14-36.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 779
Last edited:

mykeyvee

Jun 21, 2010
42579104-d753-018a.jpg

Okay, sorry didn't reply for little bit I had to power wash the parking. :-\ Anyways, the first four were done after the MOD and the bottom four were done before the mod (holding down the power button for 10 seconds and letting the phone restart at factory settings). It definitely works for me, but like it was posted earlier it may not work for everybody.

ok, i finally got the pic to upload!

Reactions: Rxpert

mingo2120

May 20, 2009
Just download "Network" app from the play store and much easier to enter those settings.

mildlydisturbed

Oct 28, 2010
Nashville
My stats: 4 runs before a change, 3 runs after, phone placed in same general area on desk for each run.

Before change average:

646.25 down
565 up

After change average:

737 down
632.33 up

Improvement:
%14 down
%11 up

karmak

Dec 5, 2007
Ping - Down - Up

Before
120ms - 1993 - 596
128ms - 1951 - 856
112ms - 2052 - 850

After
132ms - 2118 - 680
130ms - 2246 - 580
135ms - 2267 - 586

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so I did this and it helped streaming a little bit.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1632687
    Then I tried something else that doubled my internet speed it may not work on non sense Roms, but you can try it.
    Open your dial pad, type in *#*#4636#*#*
    Edit:tap on phone information,
    then go towards the bottom of the page. Tap on "set preferred network type" then select CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, then your 3g should turn off then back on. Next go towards the very bottom of the screen and there is a button that says toggle dns I believe. (Sorry, I'm on my phone so I can't check) hit that so it says 0.0.0.0 allowed. Then all you have to do is tap your home key and it'll save by itself. I have noticed that this won't stay there if you restart your phone, but once you get used to it it's pretty quick to set. I don't reboot every five minutes so it doesn't bother me. It's a small price to pay for fast internet!. My internet speed used to be about 200-300 download, now I see up to 2200Kb download.
    IF THIS HELPS YOU OUT PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!! THANKS! :D

42579120-78c6-d84b.jpg
    Actually it usual better to connect to eHRPD... Leave it on Lte and let it eat. It doesn't use more battery since the same radio is always scanning around anyways.

Ehrpd upgrades are not running yet in most of the US though

Oddly enough my best speeds tonight at home are are when toggle is set to not allowed and network is set to evdo....eventually the speeds went back to garbage tho (within 30 mins)

Cont....

So speeds were still horrible so o toggled back to not allowed, then changed to CDMA only through the settings menu and rebooted, network shows to be connected to CDMA (auto prl) and speeds are phenomenally bettter.

2012-08-25_08-59-13-1.png

2012-08-25_09-00-39.png

2012-08-25_08-59-30.png
    That sounds like that menu that you go to to mess up your phone from roaming on the 850 band.

It's all a myth to me. If I can get 2500 on a rural tower but go to another and get poor speeds then nothing I do to my phone is going to change that except for roaming of course or maybe toggling in hopes to get on another carrier if the tower has more than one active and it's the air interface congested not the backhaul.

Though changing this could in theory improve speeds in specific scenarios, its unlikely (and proven when I did a similar test on androidforums.com) that the masses will gain little if anything from these changes.

What we have confirmed is that if you are experiencing slow speeds, the cdma only setting can drastically improve them. The LTE cdma evdo setting is trying to (in some areas) connect to the enhanced cdma technology that is not yet available in most areas, thus the phone ends up on evdo or 1x speeds.

Problem is, the average user has no way of accessing the tower information to even know what areas are complete, in progress, or not effected. Thus results will vary for literally everyone.

And as mentioned, some changes there will result in loss of voice, data, text and or mms

Searched and didn't see it. Do you have the APK?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mangelow.network

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app