HTC First Discontinued

Search This thread

edxmon

Mar 20, 2011
I just hope we get updated to 4.2, there are a few issues with this phone and it would be unacceptable if it died just after a month of release

sportsinger75

Aug 4, 2010
Wisconsin, USA
Just read through all of your posts. I'm loving the First so far, just picked up a red one for $110. Great deal for a basically brand new device from a dude in Green Bay. Anyone working on a CM 10.1 port yet?

ccrowe3

Dec 25, 2010
Clarksville, TN
Is this phone still available through AT&T online? I ordered one yesterday and now they say it might be up to seven days before it ships. That is a little unnerving since I have read reports that they have sold out and won't be ordering any more.

ccrowe3

Dec 25, 2010
Clarksville, TN
I have my answer. I just got a shipping notification an hour ago. I can't wait to get this phone. It is rare that such a new phone with decent specs gets this heavily discounted.

Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app

AuxLV

Apr 30, 2009
Riga
If only anyone started official CM support... I'd bought two of these! Because I don't like how big my HTC One X is. But without CM it is a no go for me.

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If only anyone started official CM support... I'd bought two of these! Because I don't like how big my HTC One X is. But without CM it is a no go for me.

It's not for lack of want on developer's part. No one can get the required kernels and whatnot from HTC right now. Once they've got a hold of that, you'll see stuff like CM. It's just a waiting game at this point.

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
I just got my HTC First yesterday. Paid $175 shipped for it from eBay, new store demo in mint condition with original box and accessories. I might have paid too much, because I had found one for quite a bit less on Swappa, but really wanted a cosmetically flawless phone because I have OCD issues and this was the only new one I could find for under $200.

Anyway, I really LOVE the screen on this thing. It's like the retina display on my iPhone 4S, but bigger. So crisp and beautiful, and amazingly readable in sunlight! I can't hardly see my Motorola Droid RAZR M's screen in sunlight. Its shape and flatness also feels more comfortable in my pocket than the RAZR M. I also like its minimalist design, and rounded edge of the touchscreen glass is a nice touch. It feels plenty fast and smooth. Only disappointment for me is the camera only being 5-megapixels. I can't help but wonder why more people don't know about this phone!

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
I just got my HTC First yesterday. Paid $175 shipped for it from eBay, new store demo in mint condition with original box and accessories. I might have paid too much, because I had found one for quite a bit less on Swappa, but really wanted a cosmetically flawless phone because I have OCD issues and this was the only new one I could find for under $200.

Anyway, I really LOVE the screen on this thing. It's like the retina display on my iPhone 4S, but bigger. So crisp and beautiful, and amazingly readable in sunlight! I can't hardly see my Motorola Droid RAZR M's screen in sunlight. Its shape and flatness also feels more comfortable in my pocket than the RAZR M. I also like its minimalist design, and rounded edge of the touchscreen glass is a nice touch. It feels plenty fast and smooth. Only disappointment for me is the camera only being 5-megapixels. I can't help but wonder why more people don't know about this phone!

In my opinion it wasn't advertised right... and the facebook skin really sux. The normal user who doesn't know how to root would consider this awful because of facebook. Facebook really does skiw it down.

Sent from my HTC first using xda premium

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
In my opinion it wasn't advertised right... and the facebook skin really sux. The normal user who doesn't know how to root would consider this awful because of facebook. Facebook really does skiw it down.

Yeah, I turned it off after maybe 5-minutes because I found it highly annoying, if I even gave it that long. However, you can turn it off even without rooting since it's just an easy menu option from the home screen. I guess the average person doesn't bother to research on the interwebs first though, they just walk into the store, play with the displays a few minutes, and make their choice on the spot.

Reactions: El-Gato

jroseborough

Jan 28, 2012
My wife and I just got HTCs First from a local ATT store. We originally wanted to upgrade to an IPhone 4 but they had the First for the same price. It also uses a faster processor and a different Cell network standard. The salesman turned off the Facebook skin for us - said most people do that right away anyway. I use a Nook tablet with android 4.1.2 and so this wasn't a big switch for me.

Overall this was a great experience so far. Price out the door for the 2 phones - $5.63! We got $29 apiece for our old IPhone 3gs. That covered most of the upgrade cost. Phone was listed at only $.99.

Reactions: teonagode

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
So is Cyanogenmod for the HTC First a no-go? I want one of these as an iPod Touch replacement. I <3 Android

Well, I'm not going to say much but a high profile HTC maintainer is bringing up CM for a device that is very similar to ours. Specifically the cpu. Once that comes up then this device should be easily brought up with cm. But unfortunately it probably won't be me. It's about time for me to move on and pass this phone to another dev. Most likely the CM maintainer

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
Not sure that being end-of-life matters much since hardly anyone was buying it anyway, but it is definitely my favorite in looks, feel, screen, and clean, minimalist design. I like the largely AOSP experience as well. Only real dislike is the camera being mediocre. I would really like to see a 4.3 ROM on this someday, but with so few enthusiasts, guess if I want it, I will have to learn how to build ROMs myself. :(

Top Liked Posts