HTC First Discontinued

Search This thread

bigkevbosky

Apr 13, 2012
How is Sense running on this hardware in terms of performance? I know how bogged down it can get, and the First runs stock fine, but I wonder about lag with Sense.

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Just went on a hunch after looking through the First stock rom. Looks like i can do a apk port much easier than a full rom port. Have rosie, keyboard, settings and sysui ported over to stock First rom. Looks like this way is going to be so much easier.

Sent from my HTC first using xda premium

Reactions: chrisliphart

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
Just went on a hunch after looking through the First stock rom. Looks like i can do a apk port much easier than a full rom port. Have rosie, keyboard, settings and sysui ported over to stock First rom. Looks like this way is going to be so much easier.

i just can't wait to get some flashing on

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Oh man, can't wait!

RCon227

Jul 17, 2012
Not sure if anyone else has read into it, but it appears that the story about the HTC First being discontinued is not yet true.

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370801591648.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370801591648.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 176

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It's from a site called Geek. They ran a story about the First being discontinued but now claim that a reliable source says otherwise.

http://www.geek.com/android/htc-first-discontinued-as-facebook-home-continues-to-fail-1554965/

I'd also like to point out that no one has claimed it's stated fact from HTC, AT&T, or Facebook in any past articles. It's all been rumors. Strong rumors, but rumors nonetheless. All three entities involved with the phone have declined to release any official statements or sales figures.

Reactions: RCon227

RCon227

Jul 17, 2012
I'd also like to point out that no one has claimed it's stated fact from HTC, AT&T, or Facebook in any past articles. It's all been rumors. Strong rumors, but rumors nonetheless. All three entities involved with the phone have declined to release any official statements or sales figures.

I didn't say any of the 3 did, but yes, that is correct.

Although I will say, the day I picked up my HTC First from AT&T, I went to 3 different stores just to see what phones each one had to offer. It just so happens that all 3 had a big HTC First set up. It had all 4 color variants on it, below it was a rack with accessories, and above it was a display running through the ins and outs of Facebook Home on the HTC First.

And while AT&T Corporate hasn't said anything about it, the people in the stores told me they hadnt heard anything about it being discontinued. However, they did tell me they were pulling the Pantech Discover. But, that's neither here nor there. Just an example that if they knew, they'd have mentioned it.

Last edited:

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I didn't say any of the 3 did, but yes, that is correct.

Although I will say, the day I picked up my HTC First from AT&T, I went to 3 different stores just to see what phones each one had to offer. It just so happens that all 3 had a big HTC First set up. It had all 4 color variants on it, below it was a rack with accessories, and above it was a display running through the ins and outs of Facebook Home on the HTC First.

And while AT&T Corporate hasn't said anything about it, the people in the stores told me they hadnt heard anything about it being discontinued. However, they did tell me they were pulling the Pantech Discover. But, that's neither here nor there. Just an example that if they knew, they'd have mentioned it.

I know you didn't say any did. I was just offering up some facts to support your point. :)

Reactions: RCon227

flatline403

Sep 10, 2010
Lots of price changes too

It's also interesting that the off-contract price of the phone has gone back up.

When it was released, the phone was $450 off contract, $100 with 2 year.
Less than a month later, the price dropped to $350 off contract, $0.99 with 2 year.
At the same time as the cancelation rumors, the price changed to $430 off contract (still 99 cents with 2 year).

Now it's showing on AT&T's website for $440. Almost back where it started.

I don't think I've ever seen the price of a phone fluctuate that much.

Top Liked Posts