Screenshot_2014-05-04-08-00-14.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 323
  • Screenshot_2014-05-04-08-00-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-04-08-00-29.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 324

dsigman

Jan 5, 2010
Because we need you!!!

Many moons ago you had mentioned to be patient and that something big was just around the corner!

You have created some awesome work for this community!!!

If there is still life for this phone you will be the God of Godz to bring it to us. I hear the Chinese market has a demand for this phone??

Bring us your Power all mighty one!!!

the force is strong with you!

dramon

Aug 14, 2011
Yes yes yes!!
The HTC first lives again!
@jmz
Maybe because you're the only developer we got lol

sun_dream

Aug 28, 2007
WenZhou
I intend to release htc first sense5, I spent two hours to make it boot. (May 2 receive phone) Test three days to confirm its stability

Many moons ago you had mentioned to be patient and that something big was just around the corner!

If there is still life for this phone you will be the God of Godz to bring it to us. I hear the Chinese market has a demand for this phone??

new to hacking

Oct 20, 2012
New Delhi
works perfect, format system! wipe everything and install jmz kernel...
sorry got it to boot now by deleting hcheck in /system/bin

Only bug i found so far is when beats is turned on n headphones plugged in music player wont play songs... turn beats off and play songs then turn on beats and it works... so some kind of glitches in this.... rest all works good....

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
Yeah I found that out through trial and error lol. To install the ROM though, do you need S-OFF or can it stay S-ON? If it needs S-OFF, can you point me to a forum about getting S-OFF?

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
Oh, and can someone please post a different download link of the ROM? The Chinese server is unbearably slow, so can someone put it up on an American server?

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
Got it downloaded and installed, its amazing. Only problem is that I got a bootloop when I first loaded it, but that was fixed by clearing the cache, dalvik cache, and something else. Thanks!

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
For those of you that are going to use this ROM, if you install with S-ON, and then later decide that you want to S-OFF (like me), then you will need to reflash the ROM after you achieve S-OFF, otherwise the ROM freezes at the "Sense 5" startup screen and then begins a bootloop up to that point.

jmo742

Sep 20, 2013
Mobile
For those of you that are going to use this ROM, if you install with S-ON, and then later decide that you want to S-OFF (like me), then you will need to reflash the ROM after you achieve S-OFF, otherwise the ROM freezes at the "Sense 5" startup screen and then begins a bootloop up to that point.

I apologize if the answer's obvious, but how exactly do you achieve S-Off?

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
I used the rumrunner s-off tool, but I got stuck in the bootloop,so I had to stop it, but I still got s-off.

jmo742

Sep 20, 2013
Mobile
I used the rumrunner s-off tool, but I got stuck in the bootloop,so I had to stop it, but I still got s-off.

I'm in the same boat as you were in; mine's stuck in a bootloop; I don't know if I got s-off though. How did you manage to get yours to stop bootlooping?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I intend to release htc first sense5, I spent two hours to make it boot. (May 2 receive phone) Test three days to confirm its stability

Gotcha, I figured as much. I remember seeing "S-ON/S-OFF" on my previously owned One VX, but no, I don't see it on my First. I was running Rumrunner and it seemed to work, but it kept saying "Pouring........" and so forth. I'm gonna try what you did and see if I can get it to boot back up

Yeah mine was stuck at "Pouring (2)..............." and it got to about 4 lines of dots until I stopped it, and I guess it worked because I got it to say S-OFF in my bootloader. I also couldn't get it to get S-OFF with Moonshine or Firewater, only rumrunner worked for me. Good luck!
    Lol I only have access to my computer and no one else's. I believe my friends all have Windows 8 as well. But I meant any suggestions as in what can I do on my computer. (Side note: If it isn't too much trouble, if you respond, can you quote my reply so that I'll know whether you responded or not? I had no idea you had responded much earlier today. My apologies for my delayed response)

Yeah I forgot to quote you earlier lol. And suggestions for your computer would probably to set up a harddrive partition, about 20 GB, and then dual boot your computer with Windows 7 and Windows 8. But you would need to go back to stock ROM if possible, because I tried to use a different Windows 7 machine than what I had from the beginning of unlocking the bootloader to rooting it, and it didn't install all of the drivers. So basically, dual boot your machine with Windows 7/8, reflash stock ROM (if you are not on stock ROM), and install the drivers to Windows 7, and then do whatever you gotta do.