HTC Hero Digitizer Touch Screen

Search This thread

itjhie

Oct 11, 2008
Hi all,

I'm looking for HTC Hero digitizer touch screen (not LCD replacement) but no luck so far.. the device has a cracked outer screen but besides that everything is fine, touch operations works fine as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

zaman487

Apr 30, 2006
I needed one for a ppc a while back and managed to get a genuine one on ebay. Have a look on ebay and make sure you buy a genuine one. Some seller are selling dismantled parts like the digitizer even though they may be second hand, but still genuine.

good luck

jimmypee

Dec 16, 2010
Tampere
I need one too.

I can't post outside links yet but I found two shops that have touch screen digitizers for HTC Hero.

g-plushk dot com and repairsuniverse dot com

brijeshg

Oct 28, 2010
mumbai
try ebay. the best place to get all essential parts of hero. not only screen digitizers but i got myself complete housing for the phone:)

krustybaguette

Jun 22, 2012
Olde Stourbridge Village MA
digitizers and LCD screens

try ebay. the best place to get all essential parts of hero. not only screen digitizers but i got myself complete housing for the phone:)

They're available from a wide number of Amazon sellers as well. My dilemna is since there's no obvious physical damage, just one area that is always dead when I try to hang up a call:( However, if I switch to landscape mode with keyboard out, I can hang up, but that's kind of a pain.

My dilemna is How do I determine if the problem is caused by the digitizer or the LCD panel OR possibly both?:p

paraponzi

Feb 13, 2012
i repaired my hero just yesterday...had the same problem of you, changed the digitizer and now everything is working...the only reason i tried to repair the phone is because on ebay you can find the digitizer to just 10$, so even if it isn't the main reason of your problem, the cost is very limited and you can have fun disassemblying-reassembling your phone :D