• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC Home Plugin for WM5 (3 and 6 tab).. finally !!

Search This thread

umesh

Oct 16, 2006
6 Tab HTC Home Plugin for Windows Mobile 5. Tried and working well on O2 Neo (HTC Prophet).
To install this app on your prophet, unzip the HtcHome6_WM5_comp_sdkcert.zip on your pc, copy the cab files onto your device and -

1. Run the SDK_Cert.cab on your device.
2. Run the HtcHome6_WM5_comp_sdkcert.cab on your device.
3. Reset your prophet and enjoy the app.

3 tab HTC Home Plugin for Windows Mobile 5. I have tried and it works on my O2 Neo.
To install this app on your prophet, unzip the HTCHomeWM5.zip on your pc and -

1. Copy the cab files onto your device.
2. Run the HTC Home Plug Today Plugin.cab on device (Not Storage Card).
3. Run the SDK Test Certs.cab on device.
4. Copy HtcHome.dll and HTCHome.dll.0409.mui files from the PPC Phone folder to the /windows folder on device.
Use Activesync to copy these two files since they might not be visible in your device File Explorer.
5. Restart your Prophet.

Enjoy !!

~ contribution by kram3r ~
And for Prophet users with a non English ROM, please take note to change the following before you reset your prophet,

- Rename the following files in /windows folder on device
1. HTC HDlg.exe.0409.mui to HTC HDlg.exe.xxxx.mui where xxxx is your international language code
2. HTCHome.dll.0409.mui to HTCHome.dll.xxxx.mui where xxxx is your internatinal language code

* The value for xxxx can also be found in the attached txt file (ROMlang.txt) extracted from the above link.
SPL 2.15.0001
GSM 02.19.21
OS 2.15.13.27

Attachments

• HTCHomeWM5.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 7,577
  • HtcHome6_WM5_comp_sdkcert.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 7,665
  • ROMlang.txt
    4 KB · Views: 2,423
Last edited:

nypra1314

Dec 3, 2006
Hey thanks, this one works on my Qtek S200 too!
Now my screen is nice and clean!

Is this something comletely different as the HTC Audiomanager? I tried that one some time ago. Can I build the AudioM in this one?

Black-Rose

Oct 21, 2006
I've installed the plugin too. I also take some screenshots.
I don't know yet I'll like it... I will see next week.

I've put also the situation of my Today-screen before installing the plugin. Yes, I llike it simple and basic. ;)
attachment.php

Black-Rose

Oct 21, 2006
I was looking for a solution for the 6 tap version, here it is! umesh you 're good!
In version 6-tab there are more city's to choose than in the 3-tab version.
Two things to notice:

• At Favorite People, if you don't have a picture of the person/company. It gives the first name.
  • The Music Player is just a shortcut to Windows Mediaplayer. It's a shame that the Music Player isn't a stand alone player. As you can see at my Homescreen, I use a SPB player. This plugin uses a less memory then the Windows Media Player.

only one problem: The weather can't update its data from GPRS, only from WIFI. Anyone encountered that issue?
Yes, I've the same problem... :confused:

For the people who love pictures, here we go! :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.JPG
    Screenshot_5.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,097
  • Screenshot_6.JPG
    Screenshot_6.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 705
  • Screenshot_7.JPG
    Screenshot_7.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,135
  • Screenshot_8.JPG
    Screenshot_8.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:

pswnio

Dec 22, 2006
Itried it a lot of times to install it but nothing happens.I copy the files to my device, the run the two cab files, restart the device but there's no plugin. It just reserves the space to my today screen but i just can't see it.Any solutions?

Black-Rose

Oct 21, 2006
It's a beautiful plug-in, but I will uninstall it. The plugin uses resources very much and everything is to reach double now (START). Standalone at startup my memory is 6 MB less!

• Plugin eats resources
  • Sound-tab: this is at less than 1 cm to reach upper row
  • Favorite Contacts tab: this are shortcuts to the first tel.nr.
    In speeddail you can choose your favorite nr of the person.
  • Music-tab: is just a shortcut to WMP, this eats resources. I use the Spb pugin. It don't startup WMP, but use the music list and setings.

umesh

Oct 16, 2006
Itried it a lot of times to install it but nothing happens.I copy the files to my device, the run the two cab files, restart the device but there's no plugin. It just reserves the space to my today screen but i just can't see it.Any solutions?

You might want to just try
1. a neat uninstall first of any older copies of unsuccessful installation attempts.
2. Restarting your device.
3. Then try to install again following the steps as mentioned earlier. Make sure you install both the cabs to your device and not storage card if it asks you for that.

As a double check, you might want to check post installation that a bunch of HH_***.png etc. files are installed into the /windows folder of your device and it does not create any HTC Home folder in your device. If so, move all the files under HTC Home folder into the /windows folder and restart.

Hope you get it working !!

umesh

Oct 16, 2006
Is this something comletely different as the HTC Audiomanager? I tried that one some time ago. Can I build the AudioM in this one?

You can have the HTC AudioM triggered by the audio tab in the 6 tab HTC modem by modifying the registry HKLM/Software/HTC/Music Plug-in/MusicPlayer to 2 for HTC AM. 1 is for WMP.

Have not tried this since couldn't get the HTC AM to work with my WM5. Let us know if this works for you.

PES13

Oct 23, 2005
Aix en Provence
I've uninstalled 3 times and checked files in windows folder, but nothing is displayed in the today's screen .... HELP. I've a WM5 prophet French version, as a guy installed it with other than a WME version (english) ?

Last edited:

kendaar

Jul 14, 2007
Torino
This message just to report that 6tab version works perfectly on my Artemis (WM5 Italian - TIM). Just remember to rename MUI files on \Windows to match your country before soft reset the PDA (from HTC HDlg.exe.0409.mui to HTC HDlg.exe.0410.mui AND from HTCHome.dll.0409.mui to HTCHome.dll.0410.mui, since 0410 is the country code for Italy).
I also confirm that registry hack to use HTC AudioManager works (remember to rename mui files!)

Great works guys!

Last edited:

Matin

Aug 23, 2007
thank you very much i instal WM6 on my device but some of my friend look for this plug in for WM5
but a guestion what difrece between these two atachment ?
tnk you very much again

umesh

Oct 16, 2006
thank you very much i instal WM6 on my device but some of my friend look for this plug in for WM5
but a guestion what difrece between these two atachment ?
tnk you very much again

You are welcome, Matin.
The difference between the two attachments is that one of them shows 3 tabs for the HTC Home Plugin i.e. Time, Weather & Application Launcher.

The other is a 6 tab version where there are shortcuts on HTC Home Plugin for Time, Weather, Photo Touch dial, application Launcher, Profile switcher and Music.
I personally liked the 6tab version and am using that at present.