• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Htc m8 stuck on bootloop

Search This thread

Skarekrow0121

Aug 18, 2018
Birmingham
Hi im new here and hope this is in the right place. I have a htc m8 on o2 network in the uk. Its basically not booting past the htc logo then it restarts again. I have booted into the boot loader via power button and volume down. When i go into recovery there is nothing to recover. Factory reset doesnt fix it niether does wipe the cache etc.... Tried them all. I have read a few guides and had a look at twrp but always get errors flashing them to phone. I also tried to do it via sd card but samr errors. Is anyone able to help me or advise me on what go do? My email is [email protected] if you wanted to email instead. Thank you for your time.

HemiMoparMan

Aug 17, 2018
Hi im new here and hope this is in the right place. I have a htc m8 on o2 network in the uk. Its basically not booting past the htc logo then it restarts again. I have booted into the boot loader via power button and volume down. When i go into recovery there is nothing to recover. Factory reset doesnt fix it niether does wipe the cache etc.... Tried them all. I have read a few guides and had a look at twrp but always get errors flashing them to phone. I also tried to do it via sd card but samr errors. Is anyone able to help me or advise me on what go do? My email is [email protected] if you wanted to email instead. Thank you for your time.
I had a similar issue once and it was the micro switch under the volume button itself being stuck. Have you had any issues with the volume sticking either up or down before?

Reactions: Skarekrow0121

HemiMoparMan

Aug 17, 2018
No nothing like that m8. Ill double check that though.... i think its software issue..

Sorry it couldn't have been something as simple as that. May I suggest that you re-post your issue in the M8 help area of the forum located at, https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/help ?
That area seems to receive more traffic by experienced users than this one, so hopefully someone can point you in the right direction as there aren't many dinosaurs like us left using "antique" novelty items like the M8 anymore. ;)

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Sorry it couldn't have been something as simple as that. May I suggest that you re-post your issue in the M8 help area of the forum located at, https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/help ?

Better to report the thread and the mods will move it. Otherwise, it doesn't really fix the problem (thread in the wrong place) but actually makes it worse (multiple threads in different sections, both asking the same question).

I'll ask the mods to move the thread.

I have read a few guides and had a look at twrp but always get errors flashing them to phone.

Would be helpful to know what the errors say.

If it says "remote not allowed" it is because your bootloader is locked. It needs to be bootloader unlocked (via HTCDev.com), in order to flash custom recovery TWRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: HemiMoparMan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had a similar issue once and it was the micro switch under the volume button itself being stuck. Have you had any issues with the volume sticking either up or down before?
    No nothing like that m8. Ill double check that though.... i think its software issue..

Better to report the thread and the mods will move it. Otherwise, it doesn't really fix the problem (thread in the wrong place) but actually makes it worse (multiple threads in different sections, both asking the same question).

I'll ask the mods to move the thread.

I have read a few guides and had a look at twrp but always get errors flashing them to phone.

Would be helpful to know what the errors say.

If it says "remote not allowed" it is because your bootloader is locked. It needs to be bootloader unlocked (via HTCDev.com), in order to flash custom recovery TWRP.