• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

htc m8 wont boot

Search This thread

gavster26

Feb 10, 2012
In The Xperia Forums ;)
hi all and happy new year. im having trouble getting my sisters phone to boot up it wont boot past htc one screen. I have tried wipping cache and factory reset in stock recovery it goes to android is upgrading but when it gets to finishing boot it hangs there constantly. I an a sony man so have no experiance with htc. I have read a few threads and am still unsure about the prosess of flashing stock. It is stocked and locked and a uk device any help would be apreciated thanks

ahmed.ismael

Oct 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21+
hi all and happy new year. im having trouble getting my sisters phone to boot up it wont boot past htc one screen. I have tried wipping cache and factory reset in stock recovery it goes to android is upgrading but when it gets to finishing boot it hangs there constantly. I an a sony man so have no experiance with htc. I have read a few threads and am still unsure about the prosess of flashing stock. It is stocked and locked and a uk device any help would be apreciated thanks
Post the output of fastboot getvar all after removing serialno and imei
Someone will guide you with those info

Sent from my HTC M8 using XDA Labs

gavster26

Feb 10, 2012
In The Xperia Forums ;)

Attachments

• sketch-1483366803245.jpg
    sketch-1483366803245.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 41

ahmed.ismael

Oct 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Last edited:

kruc Ire

Feb 14, 2016

You have to wait a long time for bootup. Even after white HTC screen which can take a few minutes, it will optimise 165 or so apps on MM 6.0, and 265 or so in Lollipop 5.0, depending what you have. Try going away for a half hour while it boots.

Another thing you might try is when it goes on hanging in the 'finishing boot' for a long time so that you think it has completed optimizing of the apps, (wait 20 minutes some apps take minutes to optimize, and there are as I said over 160 at least) , turn it off again by holding the power button for 15-30 seconds or however long it takes to get it to power off. Then restart again it may come on.

*if the power off alone doesnt shut it off, power off+vol down should.

Last edited:

gavster26

Feb 10, 2012
In The Xperia Forums ;)
You have to wait a long time for bootup. Even after white HTC screen which can take a few minutes, it will optimise 165 or so apps on MM 6.0, and 265 or so in Lollipop 5.0, depending what you have. Try going away for a half hour while it boots.

Another thing you might try is when it goes on hanging in the 'finishing boot' for a long time so that you think it has completed optimizing of the apps, (wait 20 minutes some apps take minutes to optimize, and there are as I said over 160 at least) , turn it off again by holding the power button for 15-30 seconds or however long it takes to get it to power off. Then restart again it may come on.

*if the power off alone doesnt shut it off, power off+vol down should.
Tried all that mate. When I hard reboot it (power vol+) it stays stuck at htc one screen left it for 30min or so and still no boot. I tried to logcat while its booting but it won't logcat either. I really need the stock rom but unable to find it I have tried a few zips but got error wrong footer

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
You need a ruu but unfortunately ruu is not available (afaik).

Worth a try ... flash htc signed firmware fw_6.13.206.5 that you can get from same link above on post #5.
Most important is too see whether the firmware can be successfully installed with no error. If there is error, I'm afraid that will be hardware.

gavster26

Feb 10, 2012
In The Xperia Forums ;)
You need a ruu but unfortunately ruu is not available (afaik).

Worth a try ... flash htc signed firmware fw_6.13.206.5 that you can get from same link above on post #5.
Most important is too see whether the firmware can be successfully installed with no error. If there is error, I'm afraid that will be hardware.
which link mate. can the boot loader be unlock in this state