HTC M9 Qfil flash help needed (Qualcomm MSM8994) {Images Attached}

Search This thread

war357

Sep 10, 2014
In my position I'm having bricked HTC M9 which need to recover user data (Photos of new born kid which don't have backups)

Symptoms :-
NO power LED (Even charger connected)
NO HTC Logo
NO boot menu
NO vibrations
Power On button do nothing
Power + Volume down nothing

But when it connected to PC it shows Qualcomm service port "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM8)"

After spending long time on reading I figure out If I'm able to fix the partition table & connect Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9006 interface,
Then the eMMC can be mounted to local PC via USB. then I can recover my data,

So I'm planing to use Qfil to flash required data to mobile

So I downloaded Qfil from here
Downloaded stock firmware from here or here

My problem is it required following 3 files
  1. prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn
    [*]rawprogram0.xml
    [*]patch0.xml

prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn file found & attaching

I'm still unable to find above three files any where from internet,
Please can some one help me to find this files (or extract the from some where)

I'm attaching some Images of device manage view, Qfile & stock ROM I have respectively
n6dq1z.jpg

mubyav.jpg

2ibhwjp.jpg

Attachments

• prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.rar
    111.9 KB · Views: 3,379
Last edited:

war357

Sep 10, 2014

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
Hello Sir,
You contacted me via PM. I usually do not give any private support, so I'll answer here. Public is always better, because it might help other people.

From what I've learned in the past, the only phone I was ever able to recover by connecting directly to the SoC via that low level serial connection you're planning to use was the HTC One S in 2012. Ever since, I haven't seen anyone accomplish that, except maybe team sunshine (@Beaups and @jcase), who also won't be supporting cases like yours anymore due to time constraints.

With the HTC ONE S, the problem was that that qhusb serial connection couldn't be made stable on Windows. Lack of proper drivers was what I suspected back then. It only worked in Linux, Ubuntu.

So, I am guessing you're in deep sh!t and chances to recover your phone that way are pretty damn near zero.

Also, I faced the same problem like you now: the required files are very hard to come by and for the M9, I definitely don't have them. I didn't even keep the old OneS stuff.

So, unfortunately, your only chance will be to find someone near you with a riff jtag box and have him jtag flash your phone.

I know @Tecardo can do that, because we built up a jtag service in 2012 for XDA users, but he is located in Germany and I don't know where you are. But you can sure contact him.

Also, there usually are people in eBay all over the world selling this service.

Please try that. It's a lot less pain.

Reactions: war357

war357

Sep 10, 2014
Hello Sir,
You contacted me via PM. I usually do not give any private support, so I'll answer here. Public is always better, because it might help other people.

From what I've learned in the past, the only phone I was ever able to recover by connecting directly to the SoC via that low level serial connection you're planning to use was the HTC One S in 2012. Ever since, I haven't seen anyone accomplish that, except maybe team sunshine (@Beaups and @jcase), who also won't be supporting cases like yours anymore due to time constraints.

With the HTC ONE S, the problem was that that qhusb serial connection couldn't be made stable on Windows. Lack of proper drivers was what I suspected back then. It only worked in Linux, Ubuntu.

So, I am guessing you're in deep sh!t and chances to recover your phone that way are pretty damn near zero.

Also, I faced the same problem like you now: the required files are very hard to come by and for the M9, I definitely don't have them. I didn't even keep the old OneS stuff.

So, unfortunately, your only chance will be to find someone near you with a riff jtag box and have him jtag flash your phone.

I know @Tecardo can do that, because we built up a jtag service in 2012 for XDA users, but he is located in Germany and I don't know where you are. But you can sure contact him.

hello Sir,
Thanx for your time taken,

Actually I don't need recover the phone, I just need to restore partition table & put the phone in to "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9006 " mode. ( now it is on Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode)
then I can mount the eMMC to Windows OS & recover what I need from the memeory.

So please any one can direct me to that way ??

thanx again
BR

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
hello Sir,

Actually I don't need recover the phone, I just need to restore partition table & put the phone in to "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9006 " mode. ( now it is on Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode)

thanx again
BR
As far as my experience went five years ago, mounting the storage chip was not possible. A reflash was, although pretty complicated, just so possible.

I wish you good luck with your adventure.

war357

Sep 10, 2014
As far as my experience went five years ago, mounting the storage chip was not possible. A reflash was, although pretty complicated, just so possible.

Ok Mate, Thanx
one other thing,
Do you know a way to just flash only boot partition (from USB cable)

Forgot to answer, I live far from German, Sri Lanka (Southeast Asia) so unable to access most of the resources.

thanx
br

Tecardo

Nov 22, 2011
Pfofeld
Hello Sir,

Actually these phones are pain to me ? taking them apart and reassembling them isn't easy at all. Sadly. And the new HTC U isn't much better

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Ok Mate, Thanx
one other thing,

Forgot to answer, I live far from German, Sri Lanka (Southeast Asia) so unable to access most of the resources.

thanx
br
It's m possible Right now. Or I don't know any way. We don't have the resources for that. I could be wrong, but it gets harder getting these Files

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
Rawprogram0.xml is supposed to be creatable from the dragonboard tools.

Isn't it "fastboot flash boot.img"?

Beamed in by telepathy.

Last edited:

war357

Sep 10, 2014
Rawprogram0.xml is supposed to be creatable from the dragonboard tools.

Isn't it "fastboot flash boot.img"?

Beamed in by telepathy.

hi Sir,
Fastboot is not working,
only software download mode working, whole partition table has messed up,

so no other option than finding above files & flash via QFil.

Thanx
BR

war357

Sep 10, 2014
That was a huge favor.....
Thanx bro, thanx a lot

One more file & I'm goor to go

See you mate!

war357

Sep 10, 2014
rawprogram0.xml for M9 here.
This from my gpt.bin

and converted to rawprogram0.xml

hi Sir,
Fastboot is not working,
only software download mode working, whole partition table has messed up,

so no other option than finding above files & flash via QFil.

Thanx
BR

Thanx a lot bro, taking your time for me is much appreciated,

If possible please help me to get patch0.xml also

Thanx again

war357

Sep 10, 2014
This from my gpt.bin
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/gpt.bin bs=8 count=2176

Hello,
Thanx for your great help,
but I have one more favor , can you extract patch0.xml from your M9 please,
I can't find anyone who has M9 around me to extract the patch0.

it would be a great help.

Thanx
BR

Golv

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2012
HTC U11
Hello,
Thanx for your great help,
but I have one more favor , can you extract patch0.xml from your M9 please,
I can't find anyone who has M9 around me to extract the patch0.

it would be a great help.

Thanx
BR

Try to use the zeroed file (empty content)

Attachments

• patch0.xml
    44 bytes · Views: 1,286

war357

Sep 10, 2014
did you get this working?

i have a working m9 and qfil set up if you know how to read from the working m9?

G

Hi,
No Bro, Still no luck,
I don't know exact way to extract patch0.xml,
Normally it should come with firmware file,
But no sign of that on internet,
Seems really bad luck,

Any way Bro, thanx for your support,:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Sir,

Actually these phones are pain to me ? taking them apart and reassembling them isn't easy at all. Sadly. And the new HTC U isn't much better

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Ok Mate, Thanx
    one other thing,

thanx
    br
    It's m possible Right now. Or I don't know any way. We don't have the resources for that. I could be wrong, but it gets harder getting these Files
    My problem is it required following 3 files
    1. prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn
      [*]rawprogram0.xml
      [*]patch0.xml

This from my gpt.bin
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/gpt.bin bs=8 count=2176
    Hello Sir,

hello Sir,

thanx again
    BR