HTC Multifunctional Adapter YC A300

Search This thread

ungureanub

Sep 25, 2007
Hi,

Does anybody know if, by using this adapter, you can use a normal mini-USB cable for synchronization?

What I want to do is to be able to connect a normal USB cable, to my Jade, and do the sync without the original cable.

Can I use this adapter for doing this job?

Thanks!

welshbloke70

Jan 3, 2008
You can use any mini USB cable to sync your jade. It doesn't need to be the original one, I don't think I've even unpacked the HTC one that came with mine.

ungureanub

Sep 25, 2007
I still have a problem.

Looking over the internet, I saw that there are two variants:
1. With miniUSB connector at the end of the adapter
variant1.jpg

2. With extUSB connector at the end of the adapter.
variant2.jpg

So? What is the difference. Why there are two variants, both of them called A300.

What I want is the first variant. I want to use a normal mini USB cable, not an extUSB cable, like the HTC provided in the box.

So, can you help me?

Last edited:

welshbloke70

Jan 3, 2008
Hello?
Tap tap, is this thing on?
Can you hear me?

:)

You can use any miniUSB for sync, you dont need any adapter.
The HTC extUSB connector is just because htc use the usb for the headphone connector as well.

The only time you need extUSB is when your plugging in headphones/speakers.

ungureanub

Sep 25, 2007
Yes, I know, I found out meanwhile. I was just wondering why the adapters are different.

And, I found that The first one is YC A200 and the second one is YC A300.

Thanks anyhow!

Sverrs

Mar 28, 2009
YC A200 and YC A100 were replaced by YC A300. Don't know the technical difference though. At first glance it looks like the new one is backward compatible.

BlindDude

May 11, 2010
Those 2 adapters in the post above look IDENTICAL to me. The usb on the back is for charging and the usb on the side is for audio.

I am going to order a HTC YC-A300 because I bought a FM transmitter for my touch pro and the stupid ass thing DOESNT charge the phone with its power supply.. If I would of known that, I wouldnt of bought the dayum thing because I already have a 3.5mm fm transmitter.. Now I have to buy the HTC YC-A300 anyway, just so I can charge my phone and use the FM transmitter.

For others that are thinking about buying a FM transmitter for your HTC phone, just be sure you know what you are getting.

****. lol

Erbid

Dec 24, 2007
Moto G7 Power
Attenuation issues

I use the YC A300, but find when using USB headsets, the volume is severely attenuated. Is this normal?

The USB headsets normally work great, but I like to be able to charge my phone without abandoning the headset.

Do you experience a large attenuation when using a USB headset with your YC A300?

Erbid