HTC One 2014 screen protector and tempered glass list

Search This thread

the_passenger

Aug 25, 2006
Why bother with screen protector if HTC replaces your screen for free during the first 6 months? Also the thing is so hard to get crack/scratch anyway :)

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Why bother with screen protector if HTC replaces your screen for free during the first 6 months? Also the thing is so hard to get crack/scratch anyway :)

Because I would imagine you would need to send the phone back to them which would be a huge PITA. Plus nobody is getting their grubby little hands on my One. ;)

This! The OCD in me would never let such a sexy screen/display go naked. Literally bought it at Verizon store and when they took it out of the box they installed a screen protector for me.

th3taman

Jan 20, 2008
Indy
I bought a tempered glass screen protector for my Moto X from this site. I can say that the quality is excellent. I've had no issue with it. Edges are rounded and not sharp. Also the coating really minimizes the fingerprints and oil. The glass feels just as good as the device with no screen protector. Although not cheap, you do get quality and it doesn't cost anymore than Spigen's.

http://temperedarmor.com/shop/htc-oneplus-m8/

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
Are screen protectors really necessary for this phone? I had a Droid X for 2 years (technically I still have it, but whatever) without a case or screen protector, and it never got even the smallest scratch. And that only had (iirc) the original Gorilla Glass. Granted, a bubble somehow appeared underneath the screen itself a few months after I stopped using it...I have no idea how that happened, but I don't use it anymore so I don't really care.

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
I understand nothing is perfect of course but someone stated above a tempered glass that gets smudges and prints really bad. Trying best to avoid this.

Also, I'm terrible at installing screen protectors, always get bubbles. Are these tempered glass one easy to install with no bubbles since u basically only get one? Thanks!

The MIME Ghost glass and the Spigen Glas.tr were great on my M7, better than stock glass for being print resistant. Simply amazing. because of them i'll never use plastic again. Thats why i yanked the nillkin off so fast, i knew how it was supposed to be, and the nillkin wasnt it. They are one of the best case makers, just have some work to do on tempered glass :) Stay away fro IBlason Mostly bubble free glass too, bad stuff!!

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

If you have a dusty room, no screen protector will totally avoid dust bubles but you should not get them if there is no dust on the screen. Since these are glass, they are not as flexible as the PET protectors and thus are less prone to air bubbles.

Trick to help install screen protectors in dusty environment.. Do it in the bathroom or kitchen after/while running hot water/shower for a few minutes. Dust wont circulate when its a lil humid. Dont get carried away though, it doesnt take much, just a few minutes....dont want moisture on your screen lol

minieod

Jun 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
Gotcha. I have had the MIME on my M7 since a week after getting it. It resists fingerprints and smudges better than the naked glass but I still get them. They are easily removed with a wipe.

I have the same issue with screen protectors. Most say they need to be installed in a dust free area. Not sure many of us have "clean rooms" :)

The MIME was very easy to install and had no bubbles. I did have to reposition it once after initial install but it came off easily and went back on with no bubbles.

If you have a dusty room, no screen protector will totally avoid dust bubles but you should not get them if there is no dust on the screen. Since these are glass, they are not as flexible as the PET protectors and thus are less prone to air bubbles.

this one sounds good, but i need to know: is it just covering the screen, or does it provide full coverage on the front with cutouts for the speakers?

i cant deal with a small square cover in the middle of the phone.... this Casebase one that was linked earlier would be ideal, but im in the states

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
MIME Ghost Glass for the M8 is available for preorder now on their site (www.mimeusa.com). I just ordered mine plus they finally got the Galaxy Pro Note Ghost Glass so I ordered that as well.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

this one sounds good, but i need to know: is it just covering the screen, or does it provide full coverage on the front with cutouts for the speakers?

i cant deal with a small square cover in the middle of the phone.... this Casebase one that was linked earlier would be ideal, but im in the states

On the M7 it only covered the screen. I suspect it will be the same for the M8

who MIKE D

Recognized Themer
Mar 13, 2011
Central, Florida
Looky what I got :)

uploadfromtaptalk1396136928798.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

magicalan

Jan 18, 2008
OnePlus 8 Pro
XtremeGuard Coupon: 85% off Any Screen or Full Body Protectors 85% off+ Free Shipping

-Get 85% off EVERYTHING with No Minimum Order with coupon Lucky85
-Free shipping for all items within the U.S. And for a very limited time only 99 cents for shipping Worldwide

XtremeGuard
Comes down to like 1.00! :D

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

View attachment 2658012

it says coming soon on the website :0 how did you get it! :)

Reactions: Nippero

bloodiedwraith

Aug 22, 2008
New York

View attachment 2658012

Does that cover the entire front with cutouts for the speakers, or just cover the glass portion?

Also, has anyone purchased the VZW tempered glass screen protector? According to the picture they have online it covers the entire front and has cutouts for the speakers and stuff which is exactly what I want.

CWolfCW

Nov 8, 2010
Mississauga
waywardwolves.com
Does anyone know of a good manufacturer for tempered glass that covers the whole face with cutouts? As opposed to just the rectangle cut for the screen center only?

It appears that every single brand that's well known is only making the rectangle cut.

If not, I might just buy one from MIME - seems to be better than Spigen for the same type of product.

verks

Jan 21, 2006
Cleveland, Oh
Does that cover the entire front with cutouts for the speakers, or just cover the glass portion?

Also, has anyone purchased the VZW tempered glass screen protector? According to the picture they have online it covers the entire front and has cutouts for the speakers and stuff which is exactly what I want.

I did. It's garbage. I'm good at putting them on and the glass is nice but because the protector covers part of the speaker area too it does not adhere to the glass correctly by each speaker. Do not buy.

From my M8

wangtang2k

Nov 18, 2008
Ronkonkoma
I prefer the MIME ghost glass. I emailed them and they said it would be available a week after release. The MIME on my M7 is the best protector I have ever had. I have tried most out there on one device or another.

Once you go glass, you can never go back to PET.

Hells yeah. Went for a cheap glass protector until MIME releases their products for the m8. My M7 is rocking the Ghost Glass and it's the best protector I've ever had on any phone, period.

Nippero

Oct 13, 2008
New York, NY
-Get 85% off EVERYTHING with No Minimum Order with coupon Lucky85
-Free shipping for all items within the U.S. And for a very limited time only 99 cents for shipping Worldwide

XtremeGuard
Comes down to like 1.00! :D

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

it says coming soon on the website :0 how did you get it! :)

Thanks for that, I grabbed a back protector + their dry install "HD" screen protector. Total $1.80 + free shipping.

Will use this until I finish evaluating my other options :D

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago

View attachment 2658012

I preordered the Mime Ghost Glass as well but I stopped in Best Buy and they actually had these on the shelf, I hate the normal zagg wet apply crap they usually sell there, but this is actually a pretty nice protector although not sure that its tempered glass though, feels a bit like plastic...kind of like the glass-m g2 protector, that said it did apply easily and does look nice...it is kind of expensive at 39.99 retail though, thank god I didnt pay full price lol...does come with a lifetime warranty..overall it will do...will keep it on till it cracks/scratches/breaks, then put the MIME on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have attached a couple of pictures of how looks like.

I did. It's garbage. I'm good at putting them on and the glass is nice but because the protector covers part of the speaker area too it does not adhere to the glass correctly by each speaker. Do not buy.

From my M8
    This thread has gone on for forever, and I'm sure that OP has had his question answered, but I think that the zagg glass is probably the best thing for this question.

I actually think the majority vote goes to Nillkin to be honest. Probably the best glass protector for the money.
    +1 for the Nillkin 9H. Easy perfect install with no bubbles or dust. And I really loathe screen protectors. Tempered glass will be on all my phones from now on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone