HTC One 64GB Developer Edition signal strength with t-mobile network

rooster_yang

Aug 23, 2009
I just received a Developer Edition 64GB HTC One today. I noticed with the developer edition the signal strength only show 1 or 2 bar on tombile lte network ,and signal moving between HSPA+ and LTE frequently. i also have sony xperia zl c6506 which show full bar of signal strength in same place,and stay on lte most of time.

Attachments

ahernandez4110

Aug 28, 2006
Hey I live in Jacksonville FL and I cant get LTE or HSPS+ all I get is EDGE on my brothers sim card, I have the HTC 64GB Developer Edition how are you getting it, which Market are you on. Can you go to your setting- about-network and tell me what you see under Mobile Network Type

Thanks

I just received a Developer Edition 64GB HTC One today. I noticed with the developer edition the signal strength only show 1 or 2 bar on tombile lte network ,and signal moving between HSPA+ and LTE frequently. i also have sony xperia zl c6506 which show full bar of signal strength in same place,and stay on lte most of time.

rooster_yang

Aug 23, 2009
Hey I live in Jacksonville FL and I cant get LTE or HSPS+ all I get is EDGE on my brothers sim card, I have the HTC 64GB Developer Edition how are you getting it, which Market are you on. Can you go to your setting- about-network and tell me what you see under Mobile Network Type

Thanks
if u area dont have lte ready or in 1900MHz reframed , you will only get edge speed on your developer edition htc one

short/y

Mar 9, 2006
Silly-con Valley
if u area dont have lte ready or in 1900MHz reframed , you will only get edge speed on your developer edition htc one
Well, I live in an area with LTE and it's refarmed and all I get is edge so I'd like to know what it says too. My suspicion is that my plan prevents it. I picked up this data plan back when the G1 came out and haven't changed it since.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rooster_yang

Aug 23, 2009

Thanks
try add new APN Fast.T-mobile.com and make sure u switch network mode to gsm/wcdma/lte under mobile network setting

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordo96

short/y

Mar 9, 2006
Silly-con Valley
I never would've thought it but a couple of blocks around my house only get EDGE speeds. This morning on my way to work I got 3G, HSPA &LTE.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
Rooster I see you already posted there, but for everyone else's benefit let me just point out there's another thread (not specific to T-Mobie) on this topic.

See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2245952

There were a couple relevant ideas brought up in that thread:

1) The developer edition radio hardware and software generally detects the same strength signal as carrier branded phones, but the stock HTC developer edition ROM is very conservative in how many "bars" of signal it displays in the UI. By contrast, carriers tend to like to show a lot of bars in their version of a ROM because it makes their customers feel good. People used to this behavior may be disappointed when they see "fewer bars".

2) The developer edition is also very honest about accurately reporting when the phone is switching between LTE and HSPA etc. Carrier branded phones tend to just say "LTE" all the time to keep people happy. So anyone seeing the actual switching activity for the first time assumes their phone must have a problem keeping the LTE signal locked.

A similar phenomenon happens a lot when people go from carrier-based ROMs to Cyanogenmod. Same signal, just different a display in the UI. Yet new users tend to complain CM has worse radio performance.

It's a legitimate question as to whether you are getting good T-Mobile service, just be aware the developer edition is going to be 'brutally honest' in showing you what is out there.

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

Aug 13, 2010
How is it possible to get LTE on Tmobile's network with the Developer Edition HTC One? I thought Tmobile's LTE network is on 1700, which isn't a frequency the One has.

No?

I'm really confused by all this.

Does the Developer Edition support HSPA+ 42 MB/s and LTE? And will it ever?

Or does it only support HSPA 21 MB/s now and forever, as I was led to believe?

Please help me clarify.

shanajintian

Apr 27, 2013

ZION959

Recognized Contributor
Jun 29, 2012
Phoenix
How is it possible to get LTE on Tmobile's network with the Developer Edition HTC One? I thought Tmobile's LTE network is on 1700, which isn't a frequency the One has.

No?

I'm really confused by all this.

Does the Developer Edition support HSPA+ 42 MB/s and LTE? And will it ever?

Or does it only support HSPA 21 MB/s now and forever, as I was led to believe?

Please help me clarify.
Developer Edition HTC One support AWS. AWS is Tmobil LTE 1700/2100 bands

Gordo96

Apr 19, 2013
Developer Edition HTC One support AWS. AWS is Tmobil LTE 1700/2100 ]

I have the developer edition and have a Tmobile sim in Houston and am able to get LTE. I have noticed that I have a tendency to drop down into edge/3G speeds when I'm inside my apartment when before with my nexus 4 I would hang onto HSPA+.

desiregeek

Jun 27, 2010
Is there something that one can download for the HTC ONE Developers Edition to improve LTE signal on t-Mobile? I get 1 bar on mine and when I go into a T-Mobile shop and see the HTC ONE at their shop it gets full bars.:confused: :(

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles
Is there something that one can download for the HTC ONE Developers Edition to improve LTE signal on t-Mobile? I get 1 bar on mine and when I go into a T-Mobile shop and see the HTC ONE at their shop it gets full bars.:confused: :(
Download one of the free signal monitoring programs. It is likely that TMO simply modifies the signal level to indicate more bars. You may well be picking up the same signal with the Dev edition, it just looks less.